• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fresh New Look

Thanks, was not thinking about malformed code, just the look.

Changed all the problems and now have a pass.

Ummm

Not really looking for W3 compliance, more just feedback on the design.

As far as the error messages on the validator, very minor fixes.

Ummm

Not really looking for W3 compliance, more just feedback on the design.

As far as the error messages on the validator, very minor fixes.

...the design is appealing. I think, you know this too...

• 3 weeks later...

eyekandee...

The site is GREAT!!! Did you use an available template or you created yourself??? Please share!!!! The way the cart works is EXACTLY how I want my cart to work.

Just updated the look of my Music Download Site.

In the process of added some more contributions to it, like an artist photo gallery and events calender.

Let me know what you think.

This site is live.

http://www.hiphopdownloads.ca

cheers

Just updated the look of my Music Download Site.

In the process of added some more contributions to it, like an artist photo gallery and events calender.

Let me know what you think.

This site is live.

http://www.hiphopdownloads.ca

cheers

I Like It, Moving around the site was easy, Layout looks excellent, White text on Black looks sharp. What Version OSC are you using? I really liked the Media Player - Is that an OSC add On or did you code that yourself code that your self. would not mind having that just to let my customers listen to music while they browse my wares. Very cool.

• 2 months later...

Your site is very beautiful, what great work you've achieved! I love the dark look, it fits your products perfectly.

As it's been said already, I love the cart and the media player. I like the orange and yellow bits as well.

If I can suggest a minor thing, I think your enlarged pictures would look great with a lightbox contribution, it would fit the black layout.

Another thing but it's really down to personal taste, the page numbers at the bottom of products_new.php are blue, perhaps they would look great in orange?

And I would also put a favicon. Again, such small details.

All I can say is this: I'd rather buy downloads from you than from Amazon. :) Thumbs up all the way!

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

the button text can be much better than yours

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Looking great, but something is messing up on my browser (mac running safari 4.0.3)...

It looks like what should be the very bottom of the page is jumping to a column one page over. So you have to scroll to the right to see the rest of the site (it's the footer, from the grey bar down to the long google add banner).

I was having that same problem with firefox during development, thought it was resolve. Will look into it.

Thanks

cheers

PS. In the middle of a re-design of my wife's lingerie site. Be on the look out for that site too.

Theres something strange going on.. I love the look of the site (have a few comments but will get to that in a minute)

I am viewing your site on my mac using FireFox 3.5.2 and it is opening REALLY REALLY REALLY slowly!I click on a category and it takes up to 2 minutes to load, even with categories that have no products in it. Then, going back home is the same thing. If you are hosted in Canada, it MIGHT be because I am in the US, but it is something you should look into if you are selling internationally.

I agree that adding a jquery popup feature would finish off the site.. Burt had opened me up to a jquery plugin called prettyPhoto which (in my opinion) would match your site better and its a NICE looking plugin and very stable (and light weight)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that your media player isnt on autoplay.. i hate when you go to a website and its blasting music - so good thinking on that.. the little animated scrolling text draws enough attention that people who want to play music will see it and play it.

The one little thing that I would add in addition to the stuff Blancoblu suggested.. I think that adding a hover effect to your side bar navigation that is similar to your top navigation.. i expected to see some type of hover there when i went there, but didnt see it. Just seems like something that would finish it off.

Again.. its REALLY REALLY SLOW.. it seems like its taking me forever to review because the links are taking a long time to load

I think i might come back to finish it..

but i have to ask.. do you get a tad annoyed when people ask you where you got your template? I know this website took you a LONG time and a LOT of work and knowledge to get it here.. and people want to know where to get it so that they can have their own copy..

its very rare that you see a website like this in the feedback section of this forum, its nice and refreshing to see something that looks NEW and not just the same crap with different color headers.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

My data center is located in California.

Updated my laptop to 3.5 to check the loading issue and the site loaded faster than ever. I knew of latency before because of the javascript, but does not seem to be an issue with 3.5

No that doesn't bother me to much, what does bother me is the private messages asking me to give them the template.

Thanks

Cheers

I think your coding rocks as well.

I have a suggestion to you, as so many people love your work, why dont you make a template, for sale or ?? of something similar for us all who appreciate your talents :)

Just a thought...disregard if not appreciated.

Cheers back at ya. :blush:

My data center is located in California.

Updated my laptop to 3.5 to check the loading issue and the site loaded faster than ever. I knew of latency before because of the javascript, but does not seem to be an issue with 3.5

No that doesn't bother me to much, what does bother me is the private messages asking me to give them the template.

Thanks

Cheers

I can answer that.. because the cost of a template like that would be more than what anyone would pay anyways.. there are GOOD QUALITY templates out there, but they cost too much for most people - which means they end up buying from template monster and end up coming here complaining about the lack of support.

Also, the amount of time it took to get a site to look just like it.. why would you want to put it out there for sale for others to use? The point of a memorable web store is to be unique.. THIS is the reason why people hire web designers.. there is a reason why these professionals do exist.. its a skill and a talent - not a commodity

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

I am viewing your site on my mac using FireFox 3.5.2 and it is opening REALLY REALLY REALLY slowly!

Just wanted to say that I've had another quick look at your site (footer problem still there, but you probably know that :) ), and the speed is fine, good, for me (in Japan), but the SSL pages seem to be a little bit slower than the rest of the site.

maybe it was ust acting funny that day.. i know it wasnt my internet because I was on other wwebsites with no issues.. but now when i go on it, it is lightening fast.. also on my mac using firefox 3.5.2 there is no issue in formatting.. '

I also now have no speed issues on the https pages either.. everything seems to be running perfectly.

Yep, all running fast for me too, maybe something has been changed? Or maybe it was just a "slow internet day", I swear that happens sometimes (mainly when I'm being impatient :blush: )

also on my mac using firefox 3.5.2 there is no issue in formatting.. '

I just had a quick look with firefox, it's also working perfectly on my version of firefox (mac 3.0.something), so obviously it's a problem with Safari.

Archived