• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Quantity Discounts by That Software Guy

swguy

I have installed this mod and everything works as in giving the discount, my question is I am trying to use the "Quantity Discounts Marketing 4 output" I have set up the Discount Level 1, Discount Level 2, Discount Level 3, etc but when I look at the chart on the product page it return results like: *note the 0.00 dollar amounts

Amount Spent Discount

$0.00 - $60.99 15%

$0.00 - $99.99 20%

$0.00 + 25%

If you look at the chart above I would think it would return:

Amount Spent Discount

$40.00 - $60.99 15%

$61.00 - $99.99 20%

$100.00 + 25%

I am trying to figure out why it isn't showing correctly? Could someone help me out with this? What am I missing?

On OSC 2.2rc2 with php5 it works perfectly if you paste the code in to product_info.php. Did you type the code by hand? Did you perhaps miss

$dislist = $discount->get_discount_parms();

That's the only possible cause I can see.

Contributions: Better Together and Quantity Discounts for osCommerce 2.3.x and Phoenix. See my profile for more details.

I used the code that was located on That Software Guy

<!-- bof osCommerce Quantity Discounts Contribution Example 4 Marketing Text -->
<tr><td>
<?php
 $value = "ot_quantity_discount.php"; 
 require_once(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . 
         '/modules/order_total/'. $value);
 require_once(DIR_WS_MODULES . "order_total/" . $value);
 $discount = new ot_quantity_discount();  
 if (($discount->check() > 0) && 
     ($discount->is_discountable((int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) ) { 
    echo '<div class="content" id="discountPolicy4">'; 
    echo '<table border="1" bgcolor="#FFFF66"><tr><td>Amount Spent</td><td>Discount</td></tr>'; 
    $raw_dislist = $discount->get_discount_parms(true);
    global $currencies; 
    for ($i = 0; $i < sizeof($dislist); $i++) {
        echo '<tr><td>' . $currencies->display_price($dislist[$i]['level'], 0); 
        if ($i == (sizeof($dislist) - 1)) {
           echo " + "; 
        } else { 
           echo " - ";
           echo $currencies->display_price($raw_dislist[$i+1]['level'] - 0.01, 0); 
        }
        echo "</td><td>" . $dislist[$i]['discount'] .  "</td></tr>";
    }
    echo '</table>';
    echo '<br /></div>';
 }
?>
</td></tr>
<!-- eof Quantity Discounts Contribution Example 4 Marketing Text -->

I copied and pasted the code, uninstalled through admin with still no resolution.

On OSC 2.2rc2 with php5 it works perfectly if you paste the code in to product_info.php. Did you type the code by hand? Did you perhaps miss

That's the only possible cause I can see.

What OSC and PHP are you running?

Please try this code:

<!-- bof osCommerce Quantity Discounts Contribution Example 4 Marketing Text TEST -->
<tr><td>
<?php
    echo '<table border="1" bgcolor="#FFFF66"><tr><td>Amount Spent</td><td>Discount</td></tr>'; 
    global $currencies; 
        echo '<tr><td>' . $currencies->display_price($raw_dislist[$i]['level'], 0); 
           echo " + "; 
        } else { 
           echo " - ";
        }
    }
    echo '</table>';
    echo '<br /></div>';
 }
?>
</td></tr>
<!-- eof Quantity Discounts Contribution Example 4 Marketing Text TEST -->

Edited by swguy

Contributions: Better Together and Quantity Discounts for osCommerce 2.3.x and Phoenix. See my profile for more details.

It appears that this is working correctly. Can I ask what you did to change to get the parm to work ? Thanks for helping with this and thanks for the Mod!

What OSC and PHP are you running?

Please try this code:

<!-- bof osCommerce Quantity Discounts Contribution Example 4 Marketing Text TEST -->
<tr><td>
<?php
    global $currencies; 
           echo " + "; 
        } else { 
           echo " - ";
        }
    }
    echo '</table>';
    echo '<br /></div>';
 }
?>
</td></tr>
<!-- eof Quantity Discounts Contribution Example 4 Marketing Text TEST -->

It appears that this is working correctly. Can I ask what you did to change to get the parm to work ? Thanks for helping with this and thanks for the Mod!

I changed the first call to display_price to

Please confirm your PHP and osCommerce version; I'm curious why my original code didn't work for you, and I have never seen this bug report.

Sure!

HTTP Server: Apache

PHP Version: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Server OS: Linux 2.4.21-60

Database: MySQL 5.0.67

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2 (from application_top.php)

Hope this information helps.

I changed the first call to display_price to

Please confirm your PHP and osCommerce version; I'm curious why my original code didn't work for you, and I have never seen this bug report.

Well, I tightened up the code a bit for examples 4 and 5 and posted them. I'm happier with this now anyhow.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I setup my Quantity Discounts with this property

Disable If Coupon Used = true

but anyways when there is a coupon still shows up

when it should not right?

please some advice or help

or if I have to pay you to have this working please let me know but I need to fix this problem

thanx

I setup my Quantity Discounts with this property

Disable If Coupon Used = true

There are several Quantity Discounts mods; you're using another one. Mine does not have this setting.

Coupons are a mod to osCommerce, so it would depend on what version, flavor, etc. I wouldn't add this to my mod for general use because there would be too many ways to go wrong. If you want a quote on customizing your specific site, you are welcome to email me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am very new to OsCommerce and e-commerce in general. I found your contribution very interesting but I just can´t get it to install. I put the files in the right directories and installed (I made sure the module had a different sort order), but nothing shows up at the product information page. I´m running OSC2.2rc and this is my webpage www.panda.pe

Thank you for this great contrib! It was just what i was looking for!

Hello, I am very new to OsCommerce and e-commerce in general. I found your contribution very interesting but I just can´t get it to install. I put the files in the right directories and installed (I made sure the module had a different sort order), but nothing shows up at the product information page. I´m running OSC2.2rc and this is my webpage www.panda.pe

Thank you for this great contrib! It was just what i was looking for!

Welcome to osCommerce. The discount doesn't show up on the product information page by default; it shows up on the checkout confirmation page.

If you want something to show up on the product information page, you need to add the "marketing text" as follows:

http://www.thatsoftwareguy.com/osc_quantity_discounts.html#marketing

Thank you so much!!! I finally solved it! Just one more question, is it possible to apply different discount rates for different categories?? For example:

category 1:

20% off for 20 items

40% off for 30 items

category 2:

10% off for 12 items

20% off for 24 items

Is there some kind of way to implement this?

Thank you so much!!! I finally solved it! Just one more question, is it possible to apply different discount rates for different categories??

Yes, but you have to write a bit of code.

Look for apply_special_category_discount in the help:

http://www.thatsoftwareguy.com/osc_quantity_discounts.html

Edited by swguy

Well, the only problem is that this function appears to be available only if one is using "Total by Category" as a Discount basis, while I use "total by Item". . .

If you use total by item, you will need to call apply_special_item_discount() but deduce the category id from the item number.

Hi Software guy

Thanks for a great contribution. :thumbsup:

Is there some way that its possible to include sub categories, when adding lets say cat_id 145, and that cat. have 30 sub categories.

The idea is, that I want it to be possible to receive discount when you buy across categories.

For example: if you have to buy for 500$ from category id_145 to obtain the discount, and you take for 300$ from one sub cat. and 200$ from another sub. cat.

I hope you understand what I mean, despite my miserable English :P

Edited by -Buggi-

I understand what you mean - it's just that Quantity Discounts is designed to work at one consistent level only.

See your PM for other ideas.

Scott

• 2 months later...

Hi Scott,

First off, thanks for the great mod!

I am curious to the ideas you have given -Buggi-. Basically I am facing the same problem.

I have several main categories which consist of subcategories up to three levels deep, e.g.

Women

|

----> Clothing

|

----> Nike

|

----> Jackets

----> Shirts

----> Dresses

----> Pants

When I assign a discount by category, than it will by default use the deepest level (Jackets, Shirts, Dresses, Pants), however I would love to assign it to the level above, in this case "Nike". Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

• 3 weeks later...

Great work Guy!

I noticed a little issue with order editor. In admin/edit_orders.php, when the quantity of items is modified to a quantity under the first level (a quantity without discount), the order editor refreshes and shows the order total correctly, but it continues showing a 'Quantity Discount' line with the previous discount amount that creates confussion.

Thanks Guy!