• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Quantity Discounts by That Software Guy

swguy

For whatever reason with the files uploaded and module activated and some discounts set up nothing shows up at all in order total. It's almost like the contrib isn't doing anything at all...Am I missing something?

It's hard to know what's wrong - but you know the discount doesn't show up until the end, right? You see it on the confirmation page.

Contributions: Better Together and Quantity Discounts for osCommerce 2.3.x and Phoenix. See my profile for more details.

Thanks for your contribution.

I do have a question. Is it possible to have it setup that after 25+ items are added to your cart it gives you a discount on shipping rather than the actual product price?

Quantity Discounts is designed to discount products. You can give a dollar based discount at the level of 25 items, but depending on your configuration, it could exceed the shipping price and there would be no way to stop that.

Contributions: Better Together and Quantity Discounts for osCommerce 2.3.x and Phoenix. See my profile for more details.

• 3 months later...

Quantity Discounts version 1.0.2 has just been released; the new version adds VAT style tax recalculation, which some VAT liable shops prefer. No other changes were made.

Hello Software Guy,

We are trying to use your excellent module (latest version) on our osCommerce installation (v2.2), and though it seems to have installed properly no discounts are being applied. I have tried using generous parameters and large numbers of items to be sure I exceed the values and still no discounts are applied. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Just to clarify my previous post, does this Quantity Discounts by That Software Guy allow for setting up a discount on a single item? I'm trying to set up a promotion on a single product where purchasing a quantity of 24 will give a $25 'Instant Rebate'.

After installing, it doesn't seem you'd be able to set this up on select products? We're trying to create a promotion that when 24 products in a certain category are purchased, shoppers can add a promo code and get a $25 Instant Rebate. Is there any way to configure this to work this way?

• 1 month later...

Hi, i appear to have the contribution working on 2.3.1 however i have an offer of 2 of a certain product for £1.50.

The product has attributes, and if you buy 2 of the same it works fine, but if you buy 2 different (same product ID but different attribute) the discount doesn't fire.

Have you come accross this before, and is there a solution?

Thanks

Will

Edited by willstephens1

It appears to above is based on the function that gets the contents on the cart. As the attributes are the same price it may be possible to create a new array and group by product id but my PHP skills are that great (i code in vb and sql).

I created a new product that has teh higher qty and dicounted price. Not the best but it works until a solution comes along.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I read through the installation instructions for Version 1.0.2 a number of times and followed them and I don't see the module in Order Total so can't activate it. I uploaded the files and didn't see where to edit any exsisting files. What am I missing? I'm using OSC 2.2 RC2.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi, i appear to have the contribution working on 2.3.1 however i have an offer of 2 of a certain product for £1.50.

The product has attributes, and if you buy 2 of the same it works fine, but if you buy 2 different (same product ID but different attribute) the discount doesn't fire.

Have you come accross this before, and is there a solution?

In the function calculate_deductions, at the top of the for loop, truncate the product id so that it's an integer. So your code should look like this:

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products); $i<$n; $i++) {
	  $products[$i]['id'] = (int)$products[$i]['id'];  // this is the new line
	  if (!$this->is_discountable($products[$i]['id']))  continue;

Edited by swguy

After installing, it doesn't seem you'd be able to set this up on select products? We're trying to create a promotion that when 24 products in a certain category are purchased, shoppers can add a promo code and get a $25 Instant Rebate. Is there any way to configure this to work this way?

Use the exclude_product() function to exclude everything except product 24. Please see the extended help on my home page for examples of how to do this.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Good mod so far but I'm having just a small problem before I think it is ready to go.

I have the mod installed.

Have the discounts set

they show on the order confirmation page correctly

My problem, they don't subtract the discount from the total order. The order total in this case below is $450

Quantity Discount: - $45.00 - (correct amount)

Free Shipping: $0.00 - (correct amount)

Sub-Total: $450.00 - (should be $405)

PST 7%: $31.50 - (should be $28.35)

GST 5%: $22.50 - (should be $20.25)

Total: $504.00 - (should be $453.60)

I'm using ver 2.3.3 and very little moded. I've played with the sort order several times and I can move the values around on the order confirmation but it just doesn't change the values and deduct the discount?

Where am I going wrong here?

Thanks for any help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm using OSC 2.3

just rolled up my sleeves and install your Quanity Discount add on. I have it up and running.

I'm using the catalog/product_info.php and added in Quantity Discounts Marketing Example 3 Code .

My question is there a way to change the "Discount" and what is showing to actual price? Leave "Quantity" alone and make "Discount" = "New Price". So the customer will not have to do any math.

This function is not built in - you'd have to write custom code to do this.

Hi,

i have setup this contrib and its working great.

we display all our prices including vat at 20%.

i have set include tax to true, and recalc tax to vat.

this all works fine on the checkout page etc...

the only problem is that when you click on the "quantity discount" on the checkout page, the xx items @ £xx.xx * % = £xx.xx is all before vat prices.

it does display the grossed up figure with vat, and the total correctly displays with vat.

Is there a way to siply have the xx items @ £xx.xx * % = £xx.xx all inclucive of vat?

Many thanks.

It's probably best just to remove this link. catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_quantity_discount.php, delete line 279.

• 1 month later...

My site is heavily modified. I just had to issues to pass along after installing this update of 2.3.3.2.

Addon module: Quantity discunts.

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /includes/modules/order_total/ot_quantity_discount.php on line 547

Reads: $this->_check = mysql_num_rows($check_query

Changed mysql to tep_db_

Add-Ons that use the mysql_* or mysqli_* functions should use the tep_db_* functions instead. It's an easy update to perform and as Gary stated, conforms to the osCommerce standards.”

• 2 weeks later...

@@dculley is correct. The download has just been updated with this change.

Instead of

$this->_check = mysql_num_rows($check_query);

you want

$this->_check = tep_db_num_rows($check_query);

includes/modules/order_total/ot_quantity_discount.php line 547

• 1 month later...

Here's how my products are set up:

Products A, B, and C are in the same category.

A = $15, B =$12, and C = $0.

C is excluded from quantity discounts because it is free.

If quantity of A + B >= 10, then A=B=$10 (A discount = $5, B discount = $2).

Can I get this pricing structure to work with Quantity Discounts? I've gotten C excluded from discounts & overall category discounts to apply, but I cannot get the additional discount to apply to product A.

If Quantity Discounts doesn't work, what module can I use instead?

Thanks.