• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Quantity Discounts by That Software Guy

swguy

I'm trying to do a buy 2 get cheapest half price type offer, is this possible with this module?

No.

Contributions: Better Together and Quantity Discounts for osCommerce 2.3.x and Phoenix. See my profile for more details.

I've written a bunch of discounting logic for Zen Cart that I will, at some point, probably migrate to osCommerce.

Contributions: Better Together and Quantity Discounts for osCommerce 2.3.x and Phoenix. See my profile for more details.

That sounds very interesting. It seems that some very basic discounting is lacking for osc, such as 3for2 and the per item discounts as I described above.

Thanks

I am trying to install the discount into my cart. I am running osCommerce v2.2 RC2. I have downloaded the mod and tried to install it by uploading the unzipped folder to the root level of my store. I don't get the choice of the quantity discounts in the modules/order total. Am I missing a step?

Yes. The directories from the zip should be identical to where you place the files in your cart.

I installed this contrib and it works great! :)

However I also wanted to include the marketing text, example 1 as shown on your demo website. Could you give an indication as to where in the catalog/product-info. php the code should be inserted? I have no knowledge of php so I am having some difficulty finding that....

Thanks in advance!

Shirley

• 3 months later...

In my cart i want customer who buy any three shirts from categories

23 34 and 65 to receive a discount.

at the moment as per the current addon setup if categoeis 34 and 65 are within cat 23 then this will work but

the three categories 23, 34, and 65 are stand alone categories.

Anyone know how to do this?

Also i only want this discount to apply to a specific list of categories and not every category in the cart.

How can i set that up.

Ilan

If you're using my Quantity Discounts module, you can use the function "exclude_category()" to exclude specific categories (or just include the 3 you want and exclude all others). Please read the help on my home page; there are examples of how to do this.

I have installed the mod, everything looks to be installed correctly I think my levels are set correctly but I see nothing about discounts at the order confirmation page just seems to not be there. I did accidentally install the version for ocs 3.0 and even though I made a backup it didn't restore correctly. so I installed the one for ocs 2.2 deleted the extra files and directories from the 3.0 install, installed the correct ones. It shows up installed on my mod list, allows me to edit the levels, but doesn't show up at check out.

I have installed the mod, everything looks to be installed correctly I think my levels are set correctly but I see nothing about discounts at the order confirmation page just seems to not be there. I did accidentally install the version for ocs 3.0 and even though I made a backup it didn't restore correctly. so I installed the one for ocs 2.2 deleted the extra files and directories from the 3.0 install, installed the correct ones. It shows up installed on my mod list, allows me to edit the levels, but doesn't show up at check out.

found the sort order problem =]

im trying to exclude some products and categories. In your instructions your call everything a number. I have what I named each product/category but I don't see a specific number I only have what I named each. when I tried to exclude with the name of the category get a big parse error. When i give them the number in which they are ordered it still gives the discount to a product I don't want discounted.

function exclude_category($category) {

switch($category) {

case 2:

case 3:

case 4:

return true;

}

return false;

}

or the name of my category............

function exclude_category($category) {

switch($category) {

case Companion products:

case Trigger Point Devices:

case Volume and Professional Packages:

return true;

}

return false;

}

one last question and then I will buy your precheckout order display mod. My main products are working fine, the categories i wanted excluded are excluded, I have 1 product that I want to discount at a different rate than the ones set in admin. I want product 30 to receive a 2.95ea discount at 3 and a 4.95ea discount at 12

this............

function apply_special_item_discount($id, $count, &$disc_amount) {

switch($id) {

case 30:

if ($count > 12) {

$disc_amount = $disc_amount * 4.95;

} else if ($count > 3) {

$disc_amount = $disc_amount * 2.95;

}

break;

}

}

got me this............

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DNUMBER in /home/sacrowed/public_html/store1/includes/modules/order_total/ot_quantity_discount.php on line 84

take into count that I have different values set up for a count of 12 and 3 for my main products than I do for this product.

Debugging your changes on the forum is not something I can do, particularly not for free. If you'd like to hire me to implement your discounting plan, please contact me by email.

I would sooner hammer bamboo toothpicks under my toenails than pay you a dime. you make a mod on a open source community so complicated just so you can get some work outa the deal! You need a magnifying glass to read the instructions and they read like they are coming from a monotone robbie the robot , here is one for free, ever heard of a paragraph?

It kinda looks like this................debug my code.......its not my code its your freakin code I just filled in the blanks.........learn about this here .!.. <_<