• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Column Control

Waza04

Hiya All,

Can anybody tell me if there are any mods out there that will let me controll my catalog colums from the admin. So that when I want to add someting or move something, I dont need to edit any files.

Thanks,

Warren Aschroft

Hiya All,

I have just installed it, but now whenever I click on it in the tools box, It just send me to the GZIP page.

I have checked application top and box files aswell. Im using 2.2

Can anybody tell me what the matter is?

Thanks,

Warren Ashcroft

I think this is to do with the database changes to the table configuration_group.

The value 14 for configuration_group_id is already in use by GZip Compression. I imagine that the contribution was written before this was added to the OSC snapshot.

I would try the following: (back up everything first)

1) reverse out of your changes to the database (if you can't do this it might be easier to manually update as outlined below)

2) modify the first line of column_controller.sql in a text editor and change the number 14 to 15. (make sure you use a pure text editor - not MSword etc.)

3) modify the rest of the lines in column_controller.sql to change the 14 to 15 (it should be clear what to change - it is the fifth value in each line)

4) re-run database update

If not - you could just manually alter the appropriate values by editing the tables configuration and configuration_group using phpMyAdmin. you only need to change the configuration_group_id for column controller in the configuration_group table to 15 and then the configuration_group_id in the configuration table to 15 for those records associated with Column Controller. Reading column_controller.sql will show which records to change.

I seem to have made it sound confusing - but its logical if you read it a couple of times.

I hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problems. I did edit the sql file and added it via PHPMyAdmin. The database seems to correctly list 15 as the controller id, so I'm not sure what's going on.

I just did a dirty hack and it seems to be working. I'm not completely sure what's going on, but until I find a better way, this is what I did - and it's only one line change...

in admin/includes/application_top.php change:

define('FILENAME_COLUMN_CONTROLLER', 'column_controller.php'); // added for column controller

define('FILENAME_COLUMN_CONTROLLER', 'configuration.php?gID=15'); // added for column controller

If anyone has any idea why this needed to be changed I'd love to hear.

I just did a dirty hack and it seems to be working.  I'm not completely sure what's going on, but until I find a better way, this is what I did - and it's only one line change...

in admin/includes/application_top.php change:

define('FILENAME_COLUMN_CONTROLLER', 'column_controller.php'); // added for column controller

define('FILENAME_COLUMN_CONTROLLER', 'configuration.php?gID=15'); // added for column controller

If anyone has any idea why this needed to be changed I'd love to hear.

Thank you to Katrina Cornell for fixing my dirty hack. Ignore the above. It seems that all you have to do is open admin/column_controller.php in an editor and change the 14s to 15s.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I succefully imported sql. file with id changed to 16.

Also changed in column_controller.php all 14 to 16.

But when trying Column controller in Admin (under Tools) getting the message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_merge_array() in W:wwwcatalogsiteadmincolumn_controller.php on line 96

In line 96 is:

$cInfo_array = tep_merge_array($configuration, $cfg_extra);

Any ideas????

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...