• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feedback on store needed

14steve14

I must be a sucker for punishment. I am after some feedback on my store, again. It is still a work in progress.

I am planning to remove the right column, once i figure out what to do with the boxes. Perhaps someone could help there. I am no designer, and it probably shows.

The store is live and is taking orders, with little or no advertising. I doo havve to play around with various SEO things, but i think its getting there.

Store can be found HERE

All critism greatly received.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I must be a sucker for punishment. I am after some feedback on my store, again. It is still a work in progress.

I am planning to remove the right column, once i figure out what to do with the boxes. Perhaps someone could help there. I am no designer, and it probably shows.

The store is live and is taking orders, with little or no advertising. I doo havve to play around with various SEO things, but i think its getting there.

Store can be found HERE

All critism greatly received.

typo on page: Home » 3mm:ft "TT" scale Products available from our stote in TT scale 3mm ft

Clean, crisp, very easy to read. Not understanding your merchandise make navigation a little confusing.

But look good.

Fred

www.21st-tees.com

Frederick C Brace,III PA-C

www.21st-tees.com (osc)

www.tanda-designs.com (osc)

I notice the times are staggered on lines, and might look better if not 24clock?

I may be being stupid, but what times.

typo on page: Home » 3mm:ft "TT" scale Products available from our stote in TT scale 3mm ft

Will get n to it straight away.

Many thanks so far.

Hi there, nice site.

On your category pages, I think you should lose a couple of the columns or make them smaller so the description can be read more easily. Like on the 7 mm signage page, you have the Buy Now Button, then Railway Scenics column, then the pic, then the model #, then the description, then the price. It would look nicer if there were fewer columns there, I think. Your detail is really good, so you could lose some of it on the category page.

Also, your "scale descriptions"(?) are inconsistent. On the same page as above, it has it printed all these different ways:

7mm O scale signage

A range of signs for the 7mm ) scale modeller.

Modern road signs in 7mm ft O scale

Sometimes you have the "ft" , sometimes just the "O", and in one I think you accidentally put the bracket ")" instead of O.

I don't even know what it means, or if knowledgeable train enthusiasts could find it anyway, but if someone were searching for it, they would only find some of them.

So how does it work anyway? People download the patterns and print them on their paper and then build the buildings themselves? And then glue the patterns/textures on?

You should find/take some pics of the trains and buildings all set up with your patterns and signs. I bet they look awesome when they're all set up. Trains are cool... B)

On your category pages, I think you should lose a couple of the columns or make them smaller so the description can be read more easily. Like on the 7 mm signage page, you have the Buy Now Button, then Railway Scenics column, then the pic, then the model #, then the description, then the price. It would look nicer if there were fewer columns there, I think. Your detail is really good, so you could lose some of it on the category page.

Also, your "scale descriptions"(?) are inconsistent. On the same page as above, it has it printed all these different ways:

7mm O scale signage

A range of signs for the 7mm ) scale modeller.

Modern road signs in 7mm ft O scale

Sometimes you have the "ft" , sometimes just the "O", and in one I think you accidentally put the bracket ")" instead of O.

I don't even know what it means, or if knowledgeable train enthusiasts could find it anyway, but if someone were searching for it, they would only find some of them.

So how does it work anyway? People download the patterns and print them on their paper and then build the buildings themselves? And then glue the patterns/textures on?

You should find/take some pics of the trains and buildings all set up with your patterns and signs. I bet they look awesome when they're all set up. Trains are cool... B)

Many thanks for noticing these mistakes. I hope i have put most of them right. I do have to alter the scale images as they would be better blue to tie in with the rest of the site.

Most railway modellers understand the scale thing. I did think of having fewer categories, but then everyone would have to search every page to see it the model was released in a particular scale.

You are right, you just download the pages in the PDF files, print them out and build the model. If the instructions that are included are followed the model looks good when finished. I have had a few customers that dont seem to be able to read everything in the order that it is printed and it has produced a great deal of laughs this end.

I am currently working on getting some better images done of the models in situ, but it all yakes time.

Glad you like the site so far.

Have been playing with the colours, and also made changes to the header, although i think it could be done better. What do you think now.

Archived