• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Which Product/Category Contrib to use?

Hello. I am wanting to show CATEGORIES only on the main page of my shop. I am curious as to which one would be the best and easiest to use. Any help would be so much appreciated.

Thanks

Chelle

/catalog/includes/column_left.php

[color="#FF0000"][b]if ( basename($PHP_SELF) == FILENAME_DEFAULT ) {[/b][/color]

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {
   echo tep_cache_categories_box();
 } else {
   include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php');
 }
[color="#FF0000"][b]}[/b][/color]

ADD the code in RED

I think that's what you want.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

this might be what u wan, there are others if u look

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

this might be what u wan, there are others if u look

Thanks Sam. Before I install this, will I need to create new images for the thumbnails or will it simply add the images I have that appear where the old oscommerce clipart used to be? If so, I suppose I would have to go into the image config and change the size of the images there. That would change the images already on the categories when you go to them also, right? I would like to have my own and also be able to control the size of each one. I still want the categories to appear at the left of the page, but I am wanting to totally do away with the "new products for..." and replace it with my own category images and links to it. I wonder since I do not have many categories if it might be easier to html the images and links like I did for the one featured item just above the "new products for..." module. My new site name is My Shop. Advice?

Thanks bunches,

Chelle

/catalog/includes/column_left.php

[color="#FF0000"][b]if ( basename($PHP_SELF) == FILENAME_DEFAULT ) {[/b][/color]

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {
   echo tep_cache_categories_box();
 } else {
   include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php');
 }
[color="#FF0000"][b]}[/b][/color]

ADD the code in RED

I think that's what you want.

Hey "Germy Jimmy" LOL... Long time no see. I still want to keep the categories on in the left column, but want to do away with the huge module that shows the new products right in the middle of the page. Appreciate ya. :D

Chelle