• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to install easypopulate.php ?

Hello,

I am new to this, and I am trying to install the Easy populate so it'll will show under the Catalog where I can import the excel file for my products.

I downloaded the easypopulate.php but I am not sure what to do with it or where to go from here. Thank you.

Have you read the documentation that comes with the contribution?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

• 2 years later...

I have downloaded the folder with all documentation but i cant get it to work. i have tried every thing i can think of. I think i am messing up where it says to as easy populate straight after the other code. how should i put it in the code? Help......... Please!

Please post the bit of the documentation you are having the problem with as we are not mind readers.

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Hello!

I've managed to get further then our friend above, however I'm struggling to get attributes added. I can add them through the admin site and see them when I download the csv catalog, but if I add them to other products they do not update (despite saying they have on admin/easy_populate.)

I've now moved on to a windows machine, as I was having more issues with the mac version of excel.

If it helps im using 'easypopulate for 2.3' and osc 2.3.1.

I've tried everything here!!

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

STEP #3 - Add a link in the Admin Panel. Edit file "/catalog/admin/incudes/boxes/catalog.php"

Find this code (Around Line 25):

'' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '' .

Directly AFTER add this:

'Easy Populate' .

That is the instructions that the documentation gives me but how do i add it to the code. below is the piece of code the instruction refers to.

array(

'code' => FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES)

),

Edited by Stickitt