• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

trying to make a form that saves files with an extension

Trusten

I'm trying to make a form with little or no success. well no success so far. What it should do is use osc to allow people to upload their files. It would enter the product into the database so others could very well just well do a search for it.

Right now, that's not happening. I tried configuring the categories.php file but that's also a bust since all the code is spreakd all over the place.

all i want is that when a pic or a file is uploaded, that it saves itself with an extension. either product ID or the date. like test.zip would save as 02022003_test.zip or something like that. I don't care how, just so that no one can upload the same file twice.

also, i just want to change the images upload part into a file upload, i know that is not hard, i forgot how i did it before. right now i've installed the default image so the file upload won't work.

can anyone help?