• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I think I need to refresh the look of my site..

Nathali

Hi,

I think I need even must change the look of my site..

I will be glad please, to get any suggestions from you.. )

Thanks and great day !

Nathali

Best Regards,

Nathali

• 4 weeks later...

I got one suggestion,

I know it's just a stupid little display code, but I would get rid of the IP address display at the bottom of the screen.

probably no ill intend there but people who don't know any better will be scared off. and likewise their concern is valid with all the scams etc.. you never know if something like that is ill intended or not. If people see their IP it will lead some to believe you are recording it for future ill intend regardless of weather or not you are.

I would try to center the top banner. As well, everything is very plain and white. I would try to add some color to the site. Lastly I would suggest finding images to all your products, because in the two product scrolls on the left it looks incomplete with the no image pictures.

No disrespect intended, but i am having a hard time trying to see something which is different from a standard oscommere install. If this is the way that you like your store, then that is good, but oscommerce can be modified to a great looking website. Yours i am afraid is just boring.Would i buy from your store. NO.

Do something to it. Alter the colours. Atleast make the bars match the colour of your header. Make the buttons look better. There are lots of very small adjustments that can be made that will greatly improve the look of your store.

I had a quick look, but could not find an actual address for you. it may be there, but it would definately put me off from buying.

There are also a lot of images missing. This looks bad.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 2 months later...

Your banner doesn't show, I only see a grey space although I notice that it does load on some pages, don't know if it's just me?

The font size is a lot bigger in IE than in FF.

In English, Terms and conditions is empty and so is contact us, as a customer I don't know who you are, put your address and phone number.

Many images are missing.

Like it's been said before, you really need some sort of design or at least better colours.

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

I haven't notice any major changes from default oscommerce template...

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

it is the default osc template with some colors and a banner added.. If you are serious about your store, I would either purchase a QUALITY template or hire a designer.. Right now it looks like a freeware website that you plugged your products into.

Your photographs of your products are poor waultiy (or too large of images in too small of place holders) which means you need a picture addon (there are LOADS of them)

add Spook's "Product Listing Thumbnail Enhancements" addon to get a better product_listing.php page

There is NO REASON for your site to be soo wide.. add the fixed width and centered website. BURT has a super easy addon..this will remove a lot of the white space issues.

Format your product info. it looks handmade

basically.. start designing your website

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Archived