• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Modules Info panel missing

Hi,

I am facing a bizar problem in my shops admin panel. Under modules, the 'Shipping' modules page isnt showing the Info panel, which allows the installation, editing and uninstallation of different shipping modules.

Admin panel uses admin/modules.php page to show the 'Payment', 'Shipping' & 'Order Total' modules. I can access the Info panel on 'Payment' and 'Order Total', but when I click on 'Shipping' link, the info panel goes missing.

Any ideas why and where is something wrong??

The image below is of 'Shipping' module, which doesnt have an Info panel

shippingu.jpg

This is what the other modules page look like and so should the 'Shipping' module page.

ordertotal.jpg

I am having the exact same problem. I've spent the last 2 days replacing files in every folder that I think associates with this mod. All my other mods work fine, but I am missing the install button on the shipping Canada Post in the same way muhammad_barki is.

What files are associated with this file in admin: /catalog/admin/modules.php?set=shipping. Maybe I could work back to check each file out carfully to see if I've made a mistake with updating the shipping mod.

I've gone over every detail in the

Installation Instructions for

Canada Post Shipping Module 4.1 with dimensions AND Canada Post Automated Labels 2.2

with no luck. Please help.

Thankyou, Ron

Maybe this will help. I've just solved my own problem. I thought I had a similar problem with the payment modules and looked back on my previous postings a few years ago. I found that when I deleted the folder from the site, put an old shipping folder in there, the install button reappeared. I then transferred my files back into the folder....it worked.

.....catalog/includes/modules/shipping folder.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Ron

Have you renamed a shipping module and left the renamed file in the directory?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

That's been happening to me too -- now TWICE. Each time has been after I've tried to install the Canada Post shipping module.

Each time, I've painstakingly gone back and tried to re-upload the original files, but it's not fixing the problem -- I can't figure it out. Last time, I just re-installed the whole thing (the site hasn't gone live yet, so that was a possibility, but I'd rather not have to keep doing that!!!).

On one hand, I'm glad it's not just me, but... I have yet to find the solution. Please share if you find one!!!

Thanks,

Alyssa

Maybe this will help. I've just solved my own problem. I thought I had a similar problem with the payment modules and looked back on my previous postings a few years ago. I found that when I deleted the folder from the site, put an old shipping folder in there, the install button reappeared. I then transferred my files back into the folder....it worked.

.....catalog/includes/modules/shipping folder.

For me, the solution offered by Ron has worked. I deleted the shipping modules folder along with the module files (e.g. flat.php, item.php, usp.php, etc) on the server and uploaded an old folder from the backup I had taken somewhile back.

All seems to be working fine now.

I hope this solution works for others too.

Cheers.

The Info panel is at the bottom of the code page, so the page is stopping before it gets to that point in the code. Look at the page source and you can see where it is stopping. This can be caused by errors in editing catalog/admin/modules.php or by a module file with errors. If you have recently edited the modules.php file, replacing that file with your backup should solve the problem temporarily. If you need to edit the file for whatever reason, you will need to fix the errors in your edit for this to work.

If you have recently added a shipping module, this can be fixed temporarily by removing the broken module file. A permanent fix will require fixing the errors in the module file or by replacing it with a good copy of the file. If your server has error reporting turned on, you should see an error message that will give you a hint where to find the problem. You may need to look at the page source to read the message. If errors are not displayed, look at your server error log for the error messages.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Thanks, Muhammad, but that didn't do the trick for me, unfortunately. Still working on it...

Alyssa

For me, the solution offered by Ron has worked. I deleted the shipping modules folder along with the module files (e.g. flat.php, item.php, usp.php, etc) on the server and uploaded an old folder from the backup I had taken somewhile back.

All seems to be working fine now.

I hope this solution works for others too.

Cheers.

Thanks Jim,

I hadn't touched the modules .php file, so I'm thinking it was a module file with errors.

It's the Canada Post shipping module, and in the discussions about it, I haven't seen reference to such a problem, so it seems weird that I'm the only one experiencing it.

BUT... I did find some questionable edits in the catalog/admin/categories.php file, which seemed to be calling on table headings that didn't exist -- I've taken those edits out, and the "install" panel has come back. Not sure if the shipping module still works, though. :-)

Thanks again,

Alyssa

The Info panel is at the bottom of the code page, so the page is stopping before it gets to that point in the code. Look at the page source and you can see where it is stopping. This can be caused by errors in editing catalog/admin/modules.php or by a module file with errors. If you have recently edited the modules.php file, replacing that file with your backup should solve the problem temporarily. If you need to edit the file for whatever reason, you will need to fix the errors in your edit for this to work.

If you have recently added a shipping module, this can be fixed temporarily by removing the broken module file. A permanent fix will require fixing the errors in the module file or by replacing it with a good copy of the file. If your server has error reporting turned on, you should see an error message that will give you a hint where to find the problem. You may need to look at the page source to read the message. If errors are not displayed, look at your server error log for the error messages.

Regards

Jim

• 2 years later...

I had a similar problem but eventually sorted it.

I had made minor changes to files in:

includes/modules/shipping/ and includes/languages/modules/shipping/

then I experienced the exact problem as the original poster. I had made copies of the original files so moved these back in and even restored the database but to no avail.

The problem was that I had saved and renamed one of the original files in includes/modules/shipping/ on the server (in case I wanted to roll back) and it was this extra file that was causing the problem. As soon as I deleted this file everything was normal again.

So do not have any backup files in includes/modules/shipping/ as they will be treated as modules and mess things up.

The question asked by geoffreywalton above makes the same point.

• 5 months later...

Okay, perhaps this is some other peoples problem area. When I upgraded to USPS methods 6.1 I put the file xml.php in this directory:

catalog/includes/modules/shipping

DELETE xml.php FROM THAT DIRECTORY!

Once I did that the ability to EDIT the shipping module immediately came back. Hope this helps someone else.

Edited by CYaunk

- Chuck

External links are not allowed on the osC forum. Thanks