• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS Negociated rates not working

p0ng

I have my own UPS account which has a negociated rates contract. I have entered this in the "UPS Account Number" field and changed "Negotiated rates" to true.

When I do this, the shipping prices do not change.

I have also tried my UniShipper UPS account number (I know for a fact that this account should have negociated rates working correctly)... and the shipping prices still do not change.

Are there some different settings I should be looking to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

My Distributor ships for me. Here are my UPS XML settings:

United Parcel Service (XML)

Enable UPS Shipping

True

UPS Rates Access Key

CC3B0A695E9*****

UPS Rates Username

******mentedge

UPS Rates Password

Pickup Method

Daily Pickup

Packaging Type

Package

Customer Classification Code

Shipping Origin

US Origin

Origin City

Strongsville

Origin State/Province

OH

Origin Country

US

Origin Zip/Postal Code

Test or Production Mode

Production

Quote Type

Residential

Negotiated rates

True

UPS Account Number

9VE4**

Manual Negotiated Rate

Handling Type

Percentage

Handling Fee

Enable Insurance

False

UPS Currency Code

USD

Tax Class

Vermont State

Shipping Zone

--none--

Sort order of display.

Disallowed Shipping Methods

Next Day Air, Worldwide Express, Worldwide Express Plus, Worldwide Expedited, Next Day Air Saver, Next Day Air Early A.M., 2nd Day Air A.M., Express Early A.M., Express Plus, Today Standard, Today Dedicated Courier, Today Intercity, Today Express, Today Express Saver

Shipping Delay

Email UPS errors

Yes

Time in Transit View Type

Not

Display Weight

False

Ok, I just figured out that non of the negociated rates options are working, it's not my UPS account. I changed the Negociated Rates options to False and put in 50 for the manual rate... And the shipping costs did not change:

Negotiated rates

False

UPS Account Number

9VE4**

Manual Negotiated Rate

Anyone know where I can look in the code?

Edited by p0ng

Ok, I just figured out that non of the negociated rates options are working, it's not my UPS account. I changed the Negociated Rates options to False and put in 50 for the manual rate... And the shipping costs did not change:

Well if the negotiated rates are 50% of the regular rates I wouldn't expect any change if you change from using negotiated rates to manual negotiated rates...

It would be more useful to log the UPS response and see if you see anything with the description "NegotiatedRates" in there instead of supposing the contribution is not working.

Well if the negotiated rates are 50% of the regular rates I wouldn't expect any change if you change from using negotiated rates to manual negotiated rates...

It would be more useful to log the UPS response and see if you see anything with the description "NegotiatedRates" in there instead of supposing the contribution is not working.

Well, I know the contribution is not working correctly, whether I have caused the problem or not... Because i cannot get a negocaited rate even if I enter a manual rate (yes, with "negotiated rates" set to false.

I will paste the log file in.

It looks like it isn't getting a response (because the contrib. isnt sending "I want negotiated rates" [i think]) Here's my log:

DATE AND TIME: 2009-04-28 11:14:31

UPS URL: https://www.ups.com:443/ups.app/xml/Rate

UPS REQUEST: <?xml version="1.0"?>

<AccessRequest xml:lang="en-US">

<AccessLicenseNumber>CC3B0A69********</AccessLicenseNumber>

<UserId>******entedge</UserId>

<Password>***********</Password>

</AccessRequest>

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US">

<Request>

<TransactionReference>

<CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext>

<XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion>

</TransactionReference>

<RequestAction>Rate</RequestAction>

<RequestOption>shop</RequestOption>

</Request>

<PickupType>

<Code>01</Code>

</PickupType>

<Shipment>

<Shipper>

<ShipperNumber>9VE433</ShipperNumber>

<Address>

<City>Strongsville</City>

<StateProvinceCode>OH</StateProvinceCode>

<CountryCode>US</CountryCode>

<PostalCode>44149</PostalCode>

</Address>

</Shipper>

<ShipTo>

<Address>

<City>south burlington</City>

<StateProvinceCode>VT</StateProvinceCode>

<CountryCode>US</CountryCode>

<PostalCode>05403</PostalCode>

<ResidentialAddressIndicator/>

</Address>

</ShipTo>

<Package>

<PackagingType>

<Code>02</Code>

</PackagingType>

<PackageWeight>

<UnitOfMeasurement>

<Code>LBS</Code>

</UnitOfMeasurement>

<Weight>12.3</Weight>

</PackageWeight>

<PackageServiceOptions>

<InsuredValue>

<CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode>

<MonetaryValue>100</MonetaryValue>

</InsuredValue>

</PackageServiceOptions>

</Package>

<RateInformation>

<NegotiatedRatesIndicator/>

</RateInformation>

</Shipment>

<CustomerClassification>

<Code>03</Code>

</CustomerClassification>

</RatingServiceSelectionRequest>

UPS RESPONSE: <?xml version="1.0"?><RatingServiceSelectionResponse><Response><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><ResponseStatusCode>1</ResponseStatusCode><ResponseStatusDescription>Success</ResponseStatusDescription></Response><RatedShipment><Service><Code>03</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>13.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>12.99</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>12.99</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery></GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime></ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>12.99</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>12.99</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>12.3</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>13.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>12</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>13.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>23.35</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>23.35</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>3</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime></ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>23.35</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>23.35</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>12.3</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>13.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>02</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>13.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>30.10</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>30.10</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>2</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime></ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>30.10</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>30.10</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>12.3</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>13.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>13</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>13.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>73.70</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>73.70</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime></ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>73.70</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>73.70</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>12.3</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>13.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>14</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>13.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>111.35</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>111.35</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime>8:30 A.M.</ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>111.35</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>111.35</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>12.3</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>13.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>01</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>13.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>80.35</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>80.35</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime>10:30 A.M.</ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>80.35</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>80.35</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>12.3</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>13.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment></RatingServiceSelectionResponse>

It looks like it isn't getting a response (because the contrib. isnt sending "I want negotiated rates" [i think]) Here's my log:

<RateInformation>
	 <NegotiatedRatesIndicator/>
   </RateInformation>

The request is for negotiated rates (see above) but from the response it is obvious UPS isn't sending any (no mention of NegotiatedRates in the XML).

For the "manual negotiated rates" to show you also need to set "use negotiated rates" to true (IMO strange because if you suddenly do get negotiated rates you discount twice). See around line 344 in upsxml.php:

// BLM 2-14-08 SET MANUAL NEGOTIATED RATE
				if ( ($this->manual_negotiated_rate > 0) && ($this->use_negotiated_rates != 'False') ) {
							  $cost = ($this->manual_negotiated_rate * $cost)/100;
				}

The request is for negotiated rates (see above) but from the response it is obvious UPS isn't sending any (no mention of NegotiatedRates in the XML).

For the "manual negotiated rates" to show you also need to set "use negotiated rates" to true (IMO strange because if you suddenly do get negotiated rates you discount twice). See around line 344 in upsxml.php:

// BLM 2-14-08 SET MANUAL NEGOTIATED RATE
				if ( ($this->manual_negotiated_rate > 0) && ($this->use_negotiated_rates != 'False') ) {
							  $cost = ($this->manual_negotiated_rate * $cost)/100;
				}

Can i post the code to my file and you can check it out real quick? I would really appreciate it