• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Manual Entry question

RickChase

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,955

As always send us an email if there is a problem during installation.

HOWEVER do NOT just send us an email to say it does not work !

Give us some clues: OS used, platform used, error message as it appears on screen.

READ VERY CAREFULLY before upgrading to v0.7.

---------------------------------------------

v0.7 introduces new tables and process. make sure this process

is what you want to do in your store.

1. v0.7 of the shipping processing module allows to update very easily price, cost, shipping cost in the order once it is placed

through the admin module.

you can now change item cost, price after the order is placed and shipping cost as well.

Very useful if you run auctions and final cost is not the one used in your catalog.

you can now very rapdidly enter external orders with the manual entry module in the catalog

and once order is created , modify cost, price, shipping cost to reflect acutal auction or phone order.

------------------------------------- **** -------------------

at present we do not feel comfortable updating directly the order as placed by a client in the order tables.

the core application being still in development by OSC developers. We chose a safe alternative to

record the changes in the order.

in other words we record changes in order cost, price, shipping cost in the shipping module tables

and not in the core orders tables.

It means that you have a full audit trail between the order originally placed by the client in the core module

and you can view the changes you made during the order processing ONLY in our module.

To that extent, if you change order item price, cost, shipping cost , all changes will be recorded in our module

but the original order will stay unchanged in the order tables.

it can bring some discrepancies between the 2 modules but it is voluntary. this is why we adapted some existing reports to

reflect all changes made in the shipping processing module.

one of the reason to keep the 2 separate is that if for example a client place and order and pays by credit card, a specific

amount will be charged to his credit card.

for any reason if you need to change the order before shipping and our module was updating directly the original order amount ,

you would have a card payment for a certain amount and an order showing another amount.

A correct accounting process needs to be implemented in order to keep track of changes but nor erase the transactions.

We think the core developers will have to put in place a similar process when they tackle the order processing.(if they plan a module)

but we did not want to modify the core order tables as we do not know what will be the changes made by core developers in cureent months.

From our side, we want to keep the transactions intacts.

However store manager needs to be aware of possible discrepancies between the order module and shipping processing module

if he needs to change order amounts. he will then need to view our reports to have correct amounts.

2. Country table status:

-> added a status field in the country table: allows to slect which countries will appear

in the create_account.php. it allows the store manage to limit geograhically who can

order from your catalog. in other words , if you do not want clients located in zimbabwe

to order in your catalog, just set status flag to inactvie in new country admin screen

and this way only preselect countries will appear in drop down box during order process.

3. Reports: we modified 2 very good reports created by other contributors:

sales tax report

sales report

we only modified a little the scripts in order to run on our shipping tables instead of the core orders tables.

however all the credit goes to the original contributors . we only used their very good scripts in order to run

with our shipping processing module.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 new releases will be done this weekend.

Since core application release MS1 changed some fields . we have to modify the module.

We will do a release for MS1 with the appropriate modifications for that release

as well we fixed the sql query to show orders in history even if not processed yet.

*** New release will have now all variable defintions and language translation for the module in 2 tables . will avoid any missing variables during upgrade . it will ease upgrade dramatically for future enhancements since no file editing will be necessary. (just an sql script to run)

Plams and Gardens:

Can you give me a time when it will be ready - I need the new release ASAP...

Ps - Where will we be able to get it from?

Thanks,

Warren

PS - In the UK - Its Now 11:45pm Sunday

Patience is a VIRTUE...

respect it that (s)he/they share this GREAT contribution with everyone

You dont want a half done contributions that will mess up your work...

But i have to say, also i was waiting on the new version...LOL

but...

Patience is a VIRTUE

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

respect it that (s)he/they share this GREAT contribution with everyone

Exactly. Without this contrib, my store would not even be possible (we take as mahy phone orders as web orders). I have a deep appreciation for the authors of this one!!

we think we will be ready in a few days. we finalised changes and we are testing modifications on our store .

we think we will be able to do new zip this week.

we try to do as fast as we can

• 2 months later...

hello,

I am looking at the manual entry v0.6 contribution but am a bit confused as to its capability.

Can i see an example of it in action??

I sell on ebay and want to send buyers/ winners to the site to check out and hopefully upgrade. But i have special pricing on ebay auctions to the website.

Will this work for Me??

cheers

did u get it to work properly...that is to update the attribute stock after a sale???

is yes what version of the snaphot are u using ...i tried it on MS1.with your patch also and still cant get it to work

i have a august 2002 snapshot also, can it work on that snapshot?

well it turned out to be more than one question...

your response please!

did u get it to work properly...meaning does yours update the attribute stock after a sale???

What version of the snaphot are u using ...i tried it on clean install of MS1. with your patch also and still cant get it to update the stock

i have a august 2002 snapshot also, can it work on that snapshot?

well it turned out to be more than one question...

your response please!

did u get it to work properly...meaning does yours update the attribute stock after a sale???

For this you need Qtpro2.1 - search for it on the forum and you'll see a link by Sloughwi to personal site where Paul has placed an updated version of it.

I'm still waiting to find a example of the contribution.

Cheers

ian

The Manual entry system is all in the admin section so you probably won't get to see an example. I just read the info in their download and took it from there. Apart from the manual entry side it gives additional reporting and the ability to change a customer order after it's placed.

It takes a bit of tweaking to make it work, but it has some great features.

Del

The v0.8 contribution is available in the contributions section but apparently there are additional updates available at http://64.255.9.69/oscdownload/ but that link does not work.

I have sent the contribution's author an eMail and PM asking about the above link and the current status of the contribution but have not received a response as yet.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Apparently P&G have decided to sell, not give away, this contribution now. They will be developing in their own direction. This is the new address for their download: http://exotic-palms.org/catalog/default.php

The package on the OSC download site is incomplete - do not waste the time in downloading it!

There are plans for members of this forum to debug and develop further v8... watch this space.

Colin

staggering along with 2.2-CSV...

Colin,

Actually, I used v8 and it worked with some serious tweaking. I provided all of the edits to them and am kind of surprised that they went this direction. Although I know it was a lot of work, I hope that this does not become a trend for some of the other developers.

Colin,

Actually, I used v8 and it worked with some serious tweaking. I provided all of the edits to them and am kind of surprised that they went this direction. Although I know it was a lot of work, I hope that this does not become a trend for some of the other developers.

You might wish to ask them for compensation since they are now charging for a product that you assisted in developing/testing.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Colin,

Actually, I used v8 and it worked with some serious tweaking. I provided all of the edits to them and am kind of surprised that they went this direction.  Although I know it was a lot of work, I hope that this does not become a trend for some of the other developers.

I have now installed v8, after giving up on a previous version because there were too many errors, and it seems I am back to where I started. And yes, I have followed the instructions. :) I have changed many lines based on posts here and have managed to get it mostly installed.

Apparently, I am still missing key items that the new config file was supposed to correct. I have so many other errors I won't even list them here. What I would like to know is if you kept those edits and will you share them with the rest of us? I know I would greatly appreciate it. I am not a php whiz but have managed to fix some of the errors. Others have me stumped. :cry: I would really like to be able to use this contrib.

Thanks,

Laurie

Colin,

Actually, I used v8 and it worked with some serious tweaking. I provided all of the edits to them and am kind of surprised that they went this direction.  Although I know it was a lot of work, I hope that this does not become a trend for some of the other developers.

I have now installed v8, after giving up on a previous version because there were too many errors, and it seems I am back to where I started. And yes, I have followed the instructions. :) I have changed many lines based on posts here and have managed to get it mostly installed.

Apparently, I am still missing key items that the new config file was supposed to correct. I have so many other errors I won't even list them here. What I would like to know is if you kept those edits and will you share them with the rest of us? I know I would greatly appreciate it. I am not a php whiz but have managed to fix some of the errors. Others have me stumped. :cry: I would really like to be able to use this contrib.

Thanks,

Laurie

Laurie,

I would, but at this time I am going through some serious troubles trying to integrate another mod to the 5-18 CVS. By the end of the week, I will try to reinstall v8 and will try to issue an error and solution list.

There is a team of us that is looking at releasing a more stable version, but we are just getting started.