• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Would like to put a small info box right below header but how?

Jayman11

Here's what I am trying to do, I am going on vacation and would like to put a note on the site that shows up at the top through the whole site that basically says we will be closed from x-x and all orders placed between those dates will be shipped by x. I couldn't find a contrib or anything that goes with it other than a marquee one but i dont want scrolling. I was thinking just a small box that was a yellowish color that ran the same length as the top menu bar un the header and had red text and was the same pixel height as the menu bar right above it.

Here's what I am trying to do, I am going on vacation and would like to put a note on the site that shows up at the top through the whole site that basically says we will be closed from x-x and all orders placed between those dates will be shipped by x. I couldn't find a contrib or anything that goes with it other than a marquee one but i dont want scrolling. I was thinking just a small box that was a yellowish color that ran the same length as the top menu bar un the header and had red text and was the same pixel height as the menu bar right above it.

Check out this contribution: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6332

Fred

Frederick C Brace,III PA-C

www.21st-tees.com (osc)

www.tanda-designs.com (osc)

Thanks, i have something similar to that already installed but I want the site to keep taking orders and work completely normal while I'm gone. Just want a bar that runs under the header menu to display a small note about shipping delays that week. I think I found one that will work (Holiday), not exactly what I'm looking for but I will check it tonight.

Check out this contribution: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6332

Fred

Edited by Jayman11

I figured it all out. I ended up modding the Holiday contrib and now it is just a bar right below the header bar so it shows up no matter where the customer is. Now if only I could figure a way to add something to the admin panel so you could edit the text from there instead of the english.php.