• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal IPN v0.97 released

Hey, I have been looking for an answer but could not find any - my Paypal IPN would not send emails if shipto address at paypal is unconfirmed. With confirmed address it seems to be working OK.

Paypal IPN 0.971 (using MS1)

I saw some other people had this problem, but I did not see any solution to it.

Thanks

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I installed the most recent version of this addon to a milestone 1 shop with only one other addon. I can click on the Paypal IPN link in the left column with no problem, but I get error when trying to go to Modules/Payment . The error message says :

failed to create stream: Permission denied in htdocs/admin/modules.php on line 121

I got it. What a nice addon. This silly thing has gotten me a couple of times. I am a Mac OS X user, so I think everything stays in Unix format, but when I unzip files on it it turns to macos format. It's annoying, but no big deal.

While I am at it - another question.

When I asked people for a site that can process paypal they all recommend oscommerce, but looking through this thread it appears that no one has it working. Does anyone have oscommerce and paypal working correctly? or should I move on to another platform until osc works the bugs out.

I have a generic ms1 install and this extra paypal module.

I've managed to get throught the install (sorta!) .... now trying to get it working correctly. I've checked and re-checked but I still get this error when I click transactions for Paypal IPN

1146 - Table 'mitchryder.TABLE_PAYPALIPN_TXN' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from TABLE_PAYPALIPN_TXN

[TEP STOP]

The table exists and I've made the upgrades, checked the application_top files, added the text files where needed aand now I am just fresh out of ideas!

Can anyone take pity on me and give me a clue? PLEASE!

1146 - Table 'mitchryder.TABLE_PAYPALIPN_TXN' doesn't exist

You may be missing the following definition in admin/includes/application_top.php and catalog/includes/application_top.php:

define('TABLE_PAYPALIPN_TXN', 'paypalipn_txn'); // PAYPALIPN

Perhaps you didn't do the install correctly.

Because I've had errors like this before - the application_top files were the first things I checked.

The install went fine, everything shows up in the admin center and I can even use the "tes" mode. But clicking on transaction throws out the error.

??????

Hmmmm .... if that "define" is present in application_top.php, I don't know why you would be getting that error. When I have problems like that, I go in and add debug code that prints stuff out, so that I can track down the cause of the problem.

Hi, I read earlier in this post that David was getting msql error when running a paypal-ipn test. Not sure how he got it fixed though:

paypal_notify.php

TEST IPN Processed for order #341064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

delete from customers_basket where customers_id=

[TEP STOP]

I am running 2.2MS1 with 0.971 contrib, curl on, test mode on.

Any help would be great. thanks

Willy

Hi,

I am running into the same problem as David and Wild Wily, when I click on transaction, I get the same error.

Paypal IPN

TXN Id Amount Result Date Action

1146 - Table 'ebooksandmore_net.TABLE_PAYPALIPN_TXN' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from TABLE_PAYPALIPN_TXN

[TEP STOP]

I have installed and reinstalled the module several times. The definitions are in both application_top.php files. and I have also deleted and reinstalled the table. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I also have two other problems that may be related. I cannot turn the test mode on and off and my administration box does not look correct. Here is what the last two lines looks like:

Transactions

BOX_PAYPALIPN_ADMIN_TEST

both are a different color than the rest of the items in the box. When I click on the box, I get a 404 error. Your help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Linda

Hi, I read earlier in this post that David was getting msql error when running a paypal-ipn test.  Not sure how he got it fixed though:

paypal_notify.php

TEST IPN Processed for order #341064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

delete from customers_basket where customers_id=

[TEP STOP]

I am running 2.2MS1 with 0.971 contrib, curl on, test mode on.  

Any help would be great. thanks

Willy

I never did figure out what was causing the msql errors in the test portion of the IPN. After re-loading the files a couple of times I do however have it running on a live site.

Linda: If the admin section is not looking correct, try re-copying the files into place. It took me several times doing this before everything came together. Also try clicking the red button and then green button a couple of times.

Notes:

I can not get the system to send a confirmation email to the customer using IPN.

I can not get the paypal email to include the billing or shipping information from the order.

Greetings All!

I don't know if this will help anybody but I thought I'd post it. Somebody may want to try it.:

I was having successes with Test orders/payments via the PayPal IPN system... but the "real thing" was giving me "Invalid" transactions.

I couldn't figure out why!

Then, while I was reading the forums here for all of the various bugs with this contribution, I decided to go off on a side-trip and fix a slightly different problem:

I saw that any failed PayPal IPN orders were not showing up in the Orders display in Admin. So, after realizing that the IPN sets the order_status to 99999 initially, I just went into Admin and created a new order status of "99999" -- "PayPal IPN Pending".

After this, I went back to investigating my primary problem, but figured it was time for a fresh order/test.

To my surprise, I no longer got "Invalids" from PayPal!

Thanks!

-= Dave =-

Hi Wily and David,

Thank you both for the suggestions. I uninstalled and reinstalled the whole shebang. When I was finished and tried again I got the same error. I was sure I had installed the tables, I went back in and reinstalled the tables, got an error message because of the duplicate 99999. Did not realize that this error stopped the process when the table in spanish was installed and the additional tables did not get installed. I changed the number there to 199999 and reinstalled. This time all the tables were properly installed and the error stopped. Now I only have to determine why the tests fail and I get no response from paypal.

Linda

I'm having a bit of trouble using PayPal IPN in test mode.

I'm getting the following error immediately after clicking send:

Error: no $paypal_response received.

The odd thing is, it's actually worked before, and tonight I managed to get it to work once, then I got the error again after that. Any idea what's going on?

• 2 weeks later...

Well after awhile with playing with this IPN thing. I think I figured out what it is for the errors and no emails on the testing IPN. I tried just about everything suggested and then a mix and here is what I did and it works. Its more of the order I was doing it.

1.Turn on IPN Testing - I was doing this.

2. Go to web site and create order like a customer and then on the confirmation page select pay pal IPN - I WASNT doing any of this

3. When I got to paypal's actual screen I just closed the window

4 - Then I went back in to Admin and down to the

PAYPAL IPN > Send Test IPN and then just clicked send and poof it worked.

It might of been me but I didnt see where you created a real order on the site. I was typing stuff in the blanks on the Send Test IPN screen.

Anyway hope this helps.

I keep getting the following error:

1146 - Table 'ynot2k_com.paypalipn_txn' doesn't exist

select txn_id from paypalipn_txn where txn_id='1051141929'

[TEP STOP]

I keep getting the following error:

1146 - Table 'ynot2k_com.paypalipn_txn' doesn't exist

select txn_id from paypalipn_txn where txn_id='1051141929'

[TEP STOP]

Well ?? Does the table "paypalipn_txn" exist in database "ynot2k_com" ???

-= Dave =-

Question:

Do I deactivate the Paypal module that comes with OSC?

If yes, how can I make this new one say only Paypal for an option? People will see Paypal IPN and wonder what that is.

One more thing, will this ever be able to post to a real PP shopping cart?

Thanks,

Derek

i have paypal ipn setup on my site and i have it in test mode and runs fine. my only question is when the customer and myself receives the order from paypal it doesnt show the item ordered. it shows the name of my web site. how can i make it so the part ordered shows up in paypal?