osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal IPN v0.97 released

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
You can download it from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,309.

Whats new:

v0.97 (Released 05/02/2003)

------------------------------------------------------

- Fix on checkout_success.php for a bug that was causing an "Payment Denied" screen to some users

- The module now works with the $_POST superglobal variables instead of the $HTTP_POST_VARS array (deprecated since PHP 4.1.0) NOTE: there is no problem if you use PHP older than 4.1.0)

- Added new PayPal IPN vars to the database. If you are performing a new install of the module, use paypalipn.sql. If you are making an upgrade of the PayPal IPN Module, use paypalipn_upgrade.sql.

- Fix on the install function, that avoid a problem with the description field on the CONFIGURATION table of oscommerce, that has an 255 Varchar length, so now you can have many orders_status.

- The paypal_temp_data table is no longer needed. Email data is created on the fly now from the paypal_notify.php script. To make it work, 2 new modifications need to be done in /catalog/includes/classes/order.php.

- cURL use is set to OFF by default because many users experienced problems with it.

- Added "Send Test IPN" to the admin, so now its possible to send "fake" IPN's to see if everything works ok. (you should set "test mode" to on)

Please test it and send feedback

Best regards

Very sorry, but please disregard previous post.

I am almost making success in running v0.97, but needing help on the order confirmation e-mail. The fields for delivery address, billing address, and e-mail signature are blank. I could find a way to solve on delivery address and billing address, but not on e-mail signature. How can I display the e-mail signature at the bottom of the order confirmation e-mail ?

Sorry again, and appreciate help.

Harada

E-Mail signature is missing in confirmation mail:

I am almost making success in running v0.97, but needing help on the order confirmation e-mail. The fields for delivery address, billing address, and e-mail signature are blank. I could find a way to solve on delivery address and billing address, but not on e-mail signature. How can I display the e-mail signature at the bottom of the order confirmation e-mail ?

Appreciate any help.

Harada

Edited by kmiweb00

Unsupported Characters Error for Japanese modification

Hello Pablo,

Thank you for your contribution. And sorry for disturbing this forum due to lack of

experience in using this posting system.

I am trying to install this contribution of PayPal IPN

v0.97 into my on-line shop which is being constructed by oScommerce-2.2MS1j-R7, the

latest Japanese language version of osCommerce, language encode of EUC-JP (an

encode accepted by PayPal), of Milestone 1. I have copied all new English files to

Japanese language directories and also made chnages required on exisiting files in the

directories modifications same as for English version, but with some necessary

Japanese translation

I think I have done everything perfect including set up in my PayPal account such as

language set up, and have cleared most of problems some of which I have posted in this

forum. I, however, am having hard time to settle the most fundamental point where

switching to PayPal page. It has error message on unsupported characters. According to

discussions in many forums, many people seem to be encountering this problem. But I

have never found a solution.

One point came to my attention after all is the following last line in

catalog/checkout_paypalipn.php.

tep_redirect("https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ext-enter&redirect_cmd=_x

click&business=".MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALIPN_ID."&item_name=".urlencode(ST

ORE_NAME)."&item_number=".$insert_id."¤cy_code=".$paypal_ipn_currency."

&amount=".$paypal_ipn_order_amount."&shipping=".$paypal_ipn_shipping_amount."

&tax=".$paypal_ipn_tax_amount."&first_name=".urlencode($order->customer['firstna

me'])."&last_name=".urlencode($order->customer['lastname'])."&address1=".urlencode(

$order->customer['street_address'])."&city=".urlencode($order->customer['city'])."&stat

e=".urlencode($order->customer['state'])."&zip=".urlencode($order->customer['postcode'

])."&email=".$order->customer['email_address']."&bn=oscommerce-osmosis-0.971m1&r

eturn=".tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS, '',

'SSL')."&cancel_return=".tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '',

'SSL')."¬ify_url=".MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALIPN_NOTIFY_URL);

When all of the customer’s original data like city name requested in this line is English,

the above error does not show up. But the error message shows up if the original data

is Japanese. Although I am beginner level on php, I am assuming that this contribution

maybe is designed to work only under Europen language environment.

Appreciate your suggestion. If I could succeed in this installing, I will post here major

changes to Japanize this contribution. I am sure many Japanese people will be

interested in this contribution and the modification.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Harada

• 1 month later...

Can someone tell me how to remove these modules (PayPalIPN v0.981 & PayPal IPN v2.3.2)? I have disabled and removed them in Admin/Payment Modules. I have verified the configuration table entries are gone. I've deleted the files and undone file modifications. When do a test transaction and go to Checkout/Payment, I get a blank screen and these errors in my log file...

[Mon Jan 07 16:22:20 2008] [error] [client 172.16.88.6] PHP Warning:  payment::include(includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypalipn.php) [<a href='function.payment-include'>function.payment-include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/catalog_live/includes/classes/payment.php on line 59, referer: https://secure.rlknight.com/checkout_shipping.php
[Mon Jan 07 16:22:20 2008] [error] [client 172.16.88.6] PHP Warning:  payment::include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypalipn.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /var/www/catalog_live/includes/classes/payment.php on line 59, referer: https://secure.rlknight.com/checkout_shipping.php
[Mon Jan 07 16:22:20 2008] [error] [client 172.16.88.6] PHP Warning:  payment::include(includes/modules/payment/paypalipn.php) [<a href='function.payment-include'>function.payment-include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/catalog_live/includes/classes/payment.php on line 60, referer: https://secure.rlknight.com/checkout_shipping.php
[Mon Jan 07 16:22:20 2008] [error] [client 172.16.88.6] PHP Warning:  payment::include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/payment/paypalipn.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /var/www/catalog_live/includes/classes/payment.php on line 60, referer: https://secure.rlknight.com/checkout_shipping.php
[Mon Jan 07 16:22:20 2008] [error] [client 172.16.88.6] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'paypalipn' not found in /var/www/catalog_live/includes/classes/payment.php on line 62, referer: https://secure.rlknight.com/checkout_shipping.php

I've looked everywhere I can think of, but I can't find anything else to disable or remove.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

CatDad

• 3 weeks later...

I am relativly new to all of this and have just installed osc 2.2rc2 and am using Paypal IPN. I am not receiving any email notificationwhen an order is placed through paypal. I am not sure if I have the IPN URL setup correctly in paypal. Can someone or would someone (out of the kindness of your heart) help me with this? I don't really know what url to put on my paypal.com IPN URL section ... I currently have it set to use www.(my website).com/catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php

Also, I am not sure what version of the paypal module I have installed. I've just recently downloaded the osc, so would assume I have the correct module version of paypal ??

Thanks in advance :-)

David R.

• 3 weeks later...
I am relativly new to all of this and have just installed osc 2.2rc2 and am using Paypal IPN. I am not receiving any email notificationwhen an order is placed through paypal. I am not sure if I have the IPN URL setup correctly in paypal. Can someone or would someone (out of the kindness of your heart) help me with this? I don't really know what url to put on my paypal.com IPN URL section ... I currently have it set to use www.(my website).com/catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php

Also, I am not sure what version of the paypal module I have installed. I've just recently downloaded the osc, so would assume I have the correct module version of paypal ??

Thanks in advance :-)

David R.

Did you ever find the answer to this question? I am having the same problem...I don't know what url to direct IPN to.