• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal IPN v0.97 released

I've got the contrib working fine, but I have two issues.

One: When I run a test IPN it goes to blank page. No error, nothing.

Two: Like NetworkDad, I didn't get any notification email either.

Is this just me or ?

Great Contrib. Easy to install, and with this thread it has fix most of the errors I've had.

Thanks,

Steve

-------------------------

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never receive an email notification (from my website send extra order email to feature) that an order was placed...

Hi Jason

Did you make use of the TEST MODE and SEND TEST IPN?

If so, did Transactions get recorded in your admin?

Did orders change status?

Best regards

Hi Rumble

Great contribution, have set it up and tested it using the Send Test IPN and things look good orders are updated email are sent etc etc. But one question it comes back to the correct notify URL paypal_notify.php page but is this meant to be blank?

Yes... it is blank because paypal_notify.php was not done to give html response...

Anyway I think I will make some kind of response for those using the test mode.

By the way I downloaded the contribution today and in the admin>paypalipn_tests.php file I noticed on line 191 the code was as follows;

You are right... thats because it was "hand generated" code... with copy and paste...

It will have better code in near releases, sorry :oops:

Best regards

Hi Fritz

However, we still have some customers who do not complete their PayPal transaction and leave us with a pending order (no IPN). We would like to send them an email urging them to go back and complete the payment, but are unsure just how they should be instructed to do that. What should we ask them to do, and is there a link we could provide that would help?

Suggestions from your experience, anyone?

I think Chris Bradley from http://www.wizardsandwars.com can help you.

He use to contact his customers to ask them about not completed orders.

I hope he can help you!

Best regards

One: When I run a test IPN it goes to blank page. No error, nothing.

Two: Like NetworkDad, I didn't get any notification email either.

Is this just me or ?

Hi toolcrazy

One: As I answered before... will have some response in future releases

Two: You SHOULD receive a notification email

As you said, you are making use of the TEST IPN feature...

Are you sending TEST IPN for an order?

If so, is this order changing the status?

If so... you should receive emails without problems...

Best regards

Well, I do have something similar.

I have a contribution that will automatically email customers that create an account, but do not complete a transaction.

Because I offer more than just paypal as a payment processor, I don't have it specialized for only paypal customers, but you can easily customize the email that is sentt to the customers.

Including a dynamic link for hte paypal customers in the email sent would be another matter alltogether.

Here's my contribution. NOTE: you need CRON access

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ions,860/page,2

Please post comments or suggestions about it here

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...0804&highlight=

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

As you said, you are making use of the TEST IPN feature...

Are you sending TEST IPN for an order?

If so, is this order changing the status?

If so... you should receive emails without problems...

I am running TEST IPN. I keep getting IPN Result: INVALID

Yes I'm sending a test for an order.

No the order isn't changing status

No I'm not getting email.

I check all the code and I did all the updates. I'm using Ian's Loaded v4 with v0.96 and I upgraded to your v0.97.

Thanks very much for your help.

Steve

I got the contrib installed and running great, but now I can't backup my database. This is what I got:

1054 - Unknown column 'exchange_rate' in 'field list'

-----

select paypalipn_txn_id,txn_id,ipn_result,receiver_email,item_name,item_number,quantity

,invoice,custom,option_name1,option_selection1,option_name2,option_selection2,num

_cart_items,payment_status,pending_reason,payment_date,settle_amount,settle_curre

ncy,exchange_rate ,payment_gross,payment_fee,mc_gross,mc_fee,mc_currency,tax,txn_type,memo,first_n

ame,last_name,address_street,address_city,address_state,address_zip,address_count

ry,address_status,payer_email,payer_id,payer_status,payment_type,notify_version,v

erify_sign from paypalipn_txn

[TEP STOP]

-----

Is it just me? Is the problem related to this contrib?

Hi Ed

Did you read this entire thread?

There was an issue with exchange_rate.

Best regards

Oh, I found it. That question was asking about the "Send Test IPN" error, so it threw me off. I didn't realize the error message was the same as the one I'm getting. :mrgreen:

Set Test_Mode to ON (in Admin->Modules->Payment->PayPal_IPN and then go to Admin->PayPal_IPN->Send_Test_IPN

In "Item_Number" you should insert the order_id of the test order you just made in your shop.

I don't see Set Test_Mode anywhere in Admin paypalIPN module. Am I missing something?

Steve

Set Test_Mode to ON (in Admin->Modules->Payment->PayPal_IPN and then go to Admin->PayPal_IPN->Send_Test_IPN

In "Item_Number" you should insert the order_id of the test order you just made in your shop.

I don't see Set Test_Mode anywhere in Admin paypalIPN module. Am I missing something?

Modules -> Payment -> Paypal IPN ->Edit -> Last setting at the bottom

I've got it working, but it is still not updating the pending order. Could somebody point me in the right direction, Please.....

I've gone over the install twice and eveything is just as it should be. The test is comming back verified. I also fixed the test mode button.

Thanks for being paitent with me.

Steve

This should be added as a change for the next release and should be made for current implementations.

catalog/account_history.php

around line 63:

change $history_query_raw = at the end:

... and ot.class = 'ot_total' and o.orders_status != '99999' order by orders_id DESC";

Just to clearify, is this the way it should be? It is at my line 73

$history_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.date_purchased, o.delivery_name, ot.text as order_total, s.orders_status_name from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id) left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s on (o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "') where o.customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by orders_id DESC " and ot.class = 'ot_total' and o.orders_status != '99999' order by orders_id DESC";

Steve

Ooopps, that is wrong. :oops: I just figured it out replace from the last and with your code. Oh well, I'm new to PHP and still learning.

Replace this:

and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by orders_id DESC";

With your code.

and ot.class = 'ot_total' and o.orders_status != '99999' order by orders_id DESC";

I think I got is now.

Steve

To anyone who could shed some light on my situation I would appreciate it!

I have made a few modifications to this code to make it more osC STANDARDS compatible, I have tested the contrib with & without my mods. When I select PaypalIPN as the payment method and contine past the checkout_confirmation, I get Paypal Processing as the order status and go to the Paypal sign-in/create account page. I sign-in (NOTE: my paypal e-mail address does not match the osC user account e-mail address -- does this matter?) and pay through paypal. I even hit "Continue" and go back to the shop's checkout_success page. But when I go back to admin, there is the order still as Paypal processing and there is nothing in Paypal IPN transactions (admin column OR database table). So, that being said, what could I be missing?

Also, of note is that once directed back from the continue button to checkout_success.. my shopping cart has not been emptied and still contains pre-confirmation shopping cart.

below are some (if not all) of my changes

===========================

define TABLE_PAYPALIPN_TXN in application_top and use it instead of 'paypalipn_txn' in all queries.

moved the 'comments' => $order->info['comments'], from checkout_paypalipn.php to paypal_notify.php in the $customer_notification section (with the update to the comments box recently made by dev team).

added: MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALIPN_ORDER_STATUS_ID to paypalipn.php paypalipn(), install() & keys()

took away the $orders_status_query and replaced it with a string of text

set the "use_function, set_function" in install() with the osC functionality: 'tep_cfg_pull_down_order_statuses(', 'tep_get_order_status_name'

Okay nevermind.. I guess this is what I get for staying up all night!! My paypal_notify.php had a misplaced semi-colon & parenthesis (where I had moved comments over from checkout_paypalipn.php

I now have around line 189

$customer_notification = (SEND_EMAILS == 'true') ? '1' : '0';

$sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $item_number, 

'orders_status_id' => MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALIPN_COMPLETED_TXN_STATUS_ID, 

'date_added' => 'now()', 

'customer_notified' => $customer_notification,

'comments' => $order->info['comments']);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY, $sql_data_array);

Now the order status gets moved over from PayPal Processing to what I defined the COMPLETED status to be in admin.. (btw, the error I fixed also emptied the cart.. as the entire paypayl_notify was broke), however... nothing gets inserted into TABLE_ORDER_STATUS_HISTORY. Any suggestions?

Anyone got plans to release a 0.971 ?

I see loads of additions and bug fixes in this thread but no version update...

Did I miss something?

Hi

Yes, v0.971 will be released shortly and also there will be a new release for the MS1.

Be patient please! :)

Best regards

Anyone got plans to release a 0.971 ?

I see loads of additions and bug fixes in this thread but no version update...

Did I miss something?

Hi

Yes, v0.971 will be released shortly and also there will be a new release for the MS1.

Be patient please! :)

Best regards

In the words of Ali G - Bo Selecta!

In all honesty I dont use PayPal, but it may come in useful for many others and also for us in the future if we require it.

So if you are doing this already, I will say no more.

CC.