• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Method of payment

2johnsons

Im testing my site and at check out I have 3 methods of payments available 1- Authorize.net 2- Credit card 3- Cash on delivery why is there 2 places for credit cards.

When I chose Authorize.net everything seemed to work fine. When I chose credit card nothing worked no response.

Also I have no place for the CVV code.

Im using version 2.2 MS2

Can someone give me any information

Thank you

Im testing my site and at check out I have 3 methods of payments available 1- Authorize.net 2- Credit card 3- Cash on delivery why is there 2 places for credit cards.

When I chose Authorize.net everything seemed to work fine. When I chose credit card nothing worked no response.

Also I have no place for the CVV code.

Im using version 2.2 MS2

Can someone give me any information

Thank you

Hi Vaughn,

You have 2 CC entry ares because the Authorize.NET module display's an area for the CC info and so does the Credit Card module.

In the MS2.2 version the default Authorize.NET module does not have an area to enter the CVV code.

When you say with the Credit Card option it doesn't respond, do you mean it returns an error of some sort or does it just return to the checkout_success.php page and not do anything? Because with the credit card option all it does is a crude validation of the credit card number and date and then stores the info with the order specifics in your ORDERS table, it does not "process" the credit card at all.

Hope this helps,

Frank

Hi Vaughn,

You have 2 CC entry ares because the Authorize.NET module display's an area for the CC info and so does the Credit Card module.

In the MS2.2 version the default Authorize.NET module does not have an area to enter the CVV code.

When you say with the Credit Card option it doesn't respond, do you mean it returns an error of some sort or does it just return to the checkout_success.php page and not do anything? Because with the credit card option all it does is a crude validation of the credit card number and date and then stores the info with the order specifics in your ORDERS table, it does not "process" the credit card at all.

Hope this helps,

Frank

First let me say thank you Frank for responding and the very helpful information.

The Credit Card option does not return an error it just indicates a successful check out and doesn't do anything else. I don't receive an email or any notification.

You say this option does not process the credit card. Im worried when someone checks out they will get confused as to which one to use. Is it at all possible to remove that method since I'll be processing my cards through Authorize.net. and it does not process the credit card.

Also what how would I go about removing the cash on delivery option also.

Thank you.

First let me say thank you Frank for responding and the very helpful information.

The Credit Card option does not return an error it just indicates a successful check out and doesn't do anything else. I don't receive an email or any notification.

You say this option does not process the credit card. Im worried when someone checks out they will get confused as to which one to use. Is it at all possible to remove that method since I'll be processing my cards through Authorize.net. and it does not process the credit card.

Also what how would I go about removing the cash on delivery option also.

Thank you.

Vaughn,

You need to go into your ADMIN area and in the left column select MODULES and then PAYMENT. You can remove the 'credit card' and 'cash on delivery' options in this area. The 'credit card' module really should NOT be used in a live/production environment, the CC information is saved in raw/unprotected format(an auditors nightmare) and exposes you to a great many hazards.

As far as not receiving emails you will want to look into the CONFIGURATION area, make sure your email address is in the MY STORE and that in the E-MAIL OPTIONS that you have 'Send E-mails' set to true.

A good to place to start if you are new to OScommerce would be the Knowledge Base. There is a section on the configuration of your store that should answer most, if not all, your questions.

the link is --> http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/A...l/Configuration

Don't be afraid to nose around in the cofiguration area, for most of the options you will get a pretty good description in the right hand column of it's function and proper settings.

Good Luck,

Frank

Vaughn,

You need to go into your ADMIN area and in the left column select MODULES and then PAYMENT. You can remove the 'credit card' and 'cash on delivery' options in this area. The 'credit card' module really should NOT be used in a live/production environment, the CC information is saved in raw/unprotected format(an auditors nightmare) and exposes you to a great many hazards.

As far as not receiving emails you will want to look into the CONFIGURATION area, make sure your email address is in the MY STORE and that in the E-MAIL OPTIONS that you have 'Send E-mails' set to true.

A good to place to start if you are new to OScommerce would be the Knowledge Base. There is a section on the configuration of your store that should answer most, if not all, your questions.

the link is --> http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/A...l/Configuration

Don't be afraid to nose around in the cofiguration area, for most of the options you will get a pretty good description in the right hand column of it's function and proper settings.

Good Luck,

Frank

Thank you Frank you have been a great help.