• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

paypal standard moule unable to pay via credit card

smith.james1982

Hi,

i am using paypal standard module on my oscommerce site. The problem i am facing is that when a user is redirected to paypal site for payments only a login form appears to make a payment. That means he needs to register on paypal to make a payment on paypal.

There is no option/link to pay via credit card on the page, user gets redirected on paypal.

Can somebody please tell how to set paypal so that a link also appears where he can pay via credit card on paypal.

thanks in advance

james

Hi,

thanks for your quick response,

i went through the entire topic but it didnt solve my problem, i am still not able to figure out when a customer checkout from my oscommerce website he only sees the paypal login page and a link to create a paypal account to pay.

He is not able to pay directly on paypal using his credit card.

Can you please tell how do i set that.

below are the links to my site just in case you want to test for yourself..

http://www.ronniinternational.com/

account info for a test user:

email : [email protected]

pass : test12

thanks in advance

james

Hi,

thanks for your quick response,

i went through the entire topic but it didnt solve my problem, i am still not able to figure out when a customer checkout from my oscommerce website he only sees the paypal login page and a link to create a paypal account to pay.

He is not able to pay directly on paypal using his credit card.

Can you please tell how do i set that.

below are the links to my site just in case you want to test for yourself..

http://www.ronniinternational.com/

account info for a test user:

email : [email protected]

pass : test12

thanks in advance

james

Tried to test but would not let me into Paypal as it said invalid address. I have found that as I have a paypal account it is recognised from a cookie and only allows me to pay using the account. If you try to log on from elsewhere from a computer where there is no paypal account recognsed it gives both options.

You might need to delete cookies to see if it works

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that as long as your browser has a cookie showing you logged into your own paypal account, you cannot pay by credit card.

The simplest way to test your site is to run two different browsers - manage your own paypal account with Firefox and test the credit card payment with Chrome or whatever.

The cookies are private to each browser, so you don't need to go to a different computer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

First of all thank you for such a good piece of software and a great support network.

I have managed to get my self linked up to PayPal etc. I am having the same problem as above, so I deleted all my cookies web history etc. Set up a new account on my shop and when through to PayPal to pay and still I have the same problem I can Register a PayPal Account or Log into on I cant just pay by card.

WARNING THE WEBSITE IS RUNNING LIVE PAYMENTS.

My webite is www.bikespark.co.uk

Any help would be gratefully received.

Kind Regards

Greg

Edited by Bike Spark

Hi,

Tank you for the advice I didn't have it turned on I have now and it still doesn't work as far as I can see.

Any other ideas??

Kind Regards

Greg

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Tank you for the advice I didn't have it turned on I have now and it still doesn't work as far as I can see.

Any other ideas??

Kind Regards

Greg

Has anyone got any ideas?? I have been playing around with this for days now to no avail every time it just takes me to sign in or set up an account.

Kind Regards

Greg

Actually when i made "Paypal Account Optional" is set to "On"

it did work!

then you get this message next to logging into a paypal account:

Don't have a PayPal account?

Use your credit card or bank account (where available). Continue

• 4 weeks later...

this all has to do with your cookies. WHen paypal see a customer who is a paypal account holder, they wil always display the login box. A customer who doesnt have a paypal account will be promnpted for both options ASSUMING that you have the option set in your paypal account to let both paypal and non paypal account holders buy.

Actually when i made "Paypal Account Optional" is set to "On"

it did work!

Is it OK to turn this "ON"? This is said in the installation instruction:

15. To ensure that customers are returned to your site and you are notified of the order details you need to make set PayPal account optional to off

Just for your info, I tested the PayPal payment page using both FireFox (my default browser) and Chrome (seldom used). When I accessed with FireFox, I only saw the PayPal login box. But when I accessed with Chrome, I saw both the PayPal login box and also a credit card input form with the Country and Billing Address pre-filled. So it does check your cookies.

Edited by SuperBaby