osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Year Make Model (YMM) "Select Vehicle" box for Auto Parts web sites - HELP

EyeDentify

I found the following contribution today:

Year Make Model (YMM) "Select Vehicle" box for Auto Parts web sites

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6684

I am getting the following error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/content/n/e/x/**************/html/catalog/ymm_autoinstaller/autoinstaller.php on line 8

I deleted the contribution from my server for now. If someone could look at the code of the contribution and let me know why this is not working. This is a contribution many automobile performance shops using osCommerce have been looking for for a long time, so it would be great if I could get it up and working for the store I am working on. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I found the following contribution today:

Year Make Model (YMM) "Select Vehicle" box for Auto Parts web sites

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6684

I am getting the following error:

I deleted the contribution from my server for now. If someone could look at the code of the contribution and let me know why this is not working. This is a contribution many automobile performance shops using osCommerce have been looking for for a long time, so it would be great if I could get it up and working for the store I am working on. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

The autoinstaller is for PHP5 only.

You can install the contribution manually.

Open the install.xml there are instructions for manual installation

between the <manual_from>...</manual_from><manual_to>...</manual_to> tags

Stanislav

• 1 month later...
The autoinstaller is for PHP5 only.

You can install the contribution manually.

Open the install.xml there are instructions for manual installation

between the <manual_from>...</manual_from><manual_to>...</manual_to> tags

Stanislav

Bingo, I do not have PHP5 so this is the answer I was looking for.

Thanks

The Site can be viewed at www.performanceautopartsonline.com

The site is live (despite these minor glitches) please respect that and do not sign up etc...

maybe a contribution one day when I get this site the way I want it.

I don't make spelling mistakes! I have dyslecsic fingers.

• 1 month later...

I am using PHP5 and I also have the same error as above.

I looked at the install.xml file to attempt a manual install but it's beyond me.

Pektsekye I could donate you a small fee if you install on my server/shop for me!

Edited by appstyle

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Pektsekye,

I've tried to send you a PM, but you seem to have that capability turned off, so here goes.

Thank you for the great YMM contribution. I have been looking for a method of doing this for quite a while. I have had to break down your instructions and install things manually into my highly modified cart. I do have a question though.

Do you have a method to include the filter drop down boxes in the header? I would rather do that than take up another box. I have tried to patch the code in, but I am having a problem with the YMM parameters being passed, and it seems to mess up the buy now, add to cart buttons, and some things with the shopping cart functions. If I remove that code, everything is working fine. Basically I just inserted a modified version if your infobox code into the header, but I think that the tep_get_al_-get_params() function is messing some things up. Any ideas you have would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Matt

Oops, nevermind. I have debugged my code and found the problem. I didn't have a closing </form> in the header so it was trying to apply the YMM parameters to the shopping cart.

Thanks again for a great contrib.

I have manually installed the latest version and it works as far as showing the ymm on the product page. But in the admin panel under configuration when I click on year make model the page has a header but nothing else. It does not look like the screenshot provided in the download. I have added all the info for each product so the database shows the applications.

On my homepage the box appears in the left column but I can only select the make. The model and years are empty. If I click go the page refreshes but nothing happens.

I also installed the All Products mod and made the required changes but that didn't work either.

It seems like there is a file missing for catalog/admin or maybe an sql entry.

Anyone have any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

I got problem with a redirect error.

When i try to clear the vehicle on a product page.

i get redirect error and the URL shows

http:// XXXXX.com /store/index.php?amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;Year=0&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;

amp;Model=all&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;

amp;Make=all&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;products_id=16"]http://XXXXX.com/store/index.php?amp;amp;a...;products_id=16

Edited by kenji815

alright i narrowed down the problem being with Ultimate SEO YMM.

When using Ultimate SEO with YMM it's giving the redirect error.

I think that there are two options (short of disabling Ultimate SEO URLs). The no code option is to turn off W3C URLs in Ultimate SEO.

The option that I prefer is to change tep_redirect (in includes/functions/general.php) to

////
// Redirect to another page or site
 function tep_redirect($url) {
$url = str_replace('&', '&', $url);
if ( (strstr($url, "\n") != false) || (strstr($url, "\r") != false) ) { 
  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL', false));
}

if ( (ENABLE_SSL == true) && (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') ) { // We are loading an SSL page
  if (substr($url, 0, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)) == HTTP_SERVER) { // NONSSL url
	$url = HTTPS_SERVER . substr($url, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)); // Change it to SSL
  }
}

header('Location: ' . $url);

tep_exit();
 }

However, I haven't tested that, so it may need more work. The next thing that I would try if that doesn't work would be changing the str_replace line to

$url = htmlspecialchars_decode($url);

Always back up before making changes.

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi All,

Ive installed this on a fresh clean latest oscomm install.

The reason Im interested in this is to see if I can just make the three dropdowns drill through my existing databse, ie , product Manufacturer/product Type and then product number which would then list the product.

Can this be done easily?

Im not interested in the admin side, I want the dropdowns to pick up the categories/products I already have placed in through Easy Populate.

At the moment, even though I have manually added two "cars" into my db , I still have three blank dropdowns, and this is after "dropped" all the files on a clean install as advised.

Anyone help?

Thanks people.

Damixa

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi all:

First, I want to thank all developers to share their code.

I have a problem with the Year, Make, Model contribution. This works perfectly with USU5 (Ultimate SEO Urls 5) off, but when the contribution USU5 is enabled, a SQL query fails when I'm browsing a category and use the box Year, Make, Model.

V.g:

Run ok:

http://www.paddockmotor.com/index.php?Make=Honda&Model=CBR+1000+RR+Fireblade+&Year=2012

If I'm in a category:

http://www.paddockmotor.com/aceites-c-6.html

When selecting a motorcycle with the filter:

http://www.paddockmotor.com/aceites-c-6.html?Make=Honda&Model=CBR1000RRFireblade&Year=2012&x=31&y=16

Then get this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pc.products_id and cd.categor' at line 1

select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_price, cd.categories_id, cd.categories_alt_imagen from products p, categories_description cd, products_to_categories pc where p.products_id in () and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pc.products_id and cd.categories_id = pc.categories_id and cd.language_id = '3' order by p.products_date_added desc limit 10

[TEP STOP]

Please, can anyone help me?

Thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...

I've solved my problem support and contributions USU5 YMM.

Finally, I uninstalled USU5 and I installed Ultimate SEO Url v2.2 by Chemo. This works perfectly with YMM contribution in osCommerce 2.2 rca.

You can check the result on the website PaddockMotor, my site for motorcycle parts and accessories.

Thank you very much everyone for your help.

I hope these pointers serve people who have the same problem as me.