• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quotes

Jack_mcs

I am pretty new to this - so bare with me...

Do you mean - being able to delete categories and items? That delete button seems to work correctly on both platforms. IE and Firefox.

thanks

sam

You could try using the included categories file to see if the delete works with it.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty new to this - so bare with me...

Do you mean - being able to delete categories and items? That delete button seems to work correctly on both platforms. IE and Firefox.

You said you couldn't delete in admin. That is controlled by the admin/categories.php file. Replace that file - does it now work? If so, then you have a mistake in your file.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 weeks later...

Jack -

This contrib is what I was looking for so upfront thanks.

I often get verbal requests for quotes. Any thoughts on allowing quotes to be added from the admin side in addition to Customer requested quotes?

Thanks,

7tooz

This contrib is what I was looking for so upfront thanks.

I often get verbal requests for quotes. Any thoughts on allowing quotes to be added from the admin side in addition to Customer requested quotes?

A quote is just a product with the required quote fields filled in. So just add a new product in the quotes category and enter the required quote information to create one without being asked.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

The part added for adding single products from a drop down list, quotes_product_popup.php will not work properly if you have double quotes in your product names - since it will ruin the syntax.

Find this line

$js .= ' products[' . $ctr . '] = "' . $products['products_name'] . '";' . "\n";

Replace it with

$js .= ' products[' . $ctr . '] = "' . addslashes($products['products_name']) . '";' . "\n";

if you are having same sort of problem.

• 2 months later...

edit: Just as I typed my question out, I discovered my problem was with a contribution I had installed. Thanks for the great contribution.

Has anyone had any luck working with Master Products - MS2? I've found that if I have slave items in the cart, no products can be added to the quote. As our "Quotable Products" are standard products (not a slave item), they are added fine when they are alone in the customers cart. However, items cannot be added to the quote if there are slave items present. A shot in the dark hoping someone has had this great contribution modified. :-) Thanks.

Edited by qxonn

Another quick question:

Is there a way to manually create a quote inside the admin section? (or any other way for an admin to create a quote for a customer)? I really like how this is designed and works, I just have found a few customers who are confused and expect manually creating a quote after they call me would be helpful.

Thanks,

Matt

Another quick question:

Is there a way to manually create a quote inside the admin section? (or any other way for an admin to create a quote for a customer)? I really like how this is designed and works, I just have found a few customers who are confused and expect manually creating a quote after they call me would be helpful.

A quote is just a product with certain fields set. So just go to admin->Catalog and add it with the appropriate fields set and it will show up in that customers account.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Thanks Jack. This contribution is a life saver.

Is there a way to hide the "quote products" from search? It's good to have people locked out from accessing them entirely, but it'd be best to not show up in search results for all users.

If this is not a feature of the contribution, which I don't think it is, I will gladly pay for the help.

• 1 month later...

I have installed the "Quotes' contribution on a 2.2 shop that has Header Tags SEO installed.

After installation, there is an error when trying to access 'Catalog' from Admin:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /xxx/xxx/admin/categories.php on line 849

Line 849 appears in the middle of:

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

$languages = tep_get_languages();

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['read']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['read'] == 'only')) {

$pInfo->products_name = tep_get_products_name($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']);

$pInfo->products_description = tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']);

$pInfo->products_head_title_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_head_desc_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_head_keywords_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_keywords_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_url = tep_get_products_url($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']);

} else {

$pInfo->products_name = tep_db_prepare_input($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_description = tep_db_prepare_input($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_head_title_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_head_desc_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_head_keywords_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_keywords_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_url = tep_db_prepare_input($products_url[$languages[$i]['id']]);

}

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

?>

Has anyone had this error?

Thank you for letting me know of any resolution.

Sorry, I actually pasted the wrong Header Tags Code

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

<?php

} elseif ($action == 'new_product_preview')

if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

$pInfo = new objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);

$products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];

$products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];

$products_head_title_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'];

$products_head_desc_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'];

$products_head_keywords_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'];

$products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];

} else {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id, p.quotes_email_address, p.quotes_status, p.quotes_expire, p.quotes_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

$pInfo = new objectInfo($product);

$products_image_name = $pInfo->products_image;

}

Note, that I made edits to accomodate the 'Quotes' contribution.

• 2 months later...

hi,

Am using vs2.3.1 hope you can help the following error is appearing when i open the quote section on my site:

Warning: require(includes/column_left.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/execgift/public_html/quotes.php on line 50

Warning: require(includes/column_left.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/execgift/public_html/quotes.php on line 50

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/column_left.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/execgift/public_html/quotes.php on line 50

The contribution was written for 2.2 versions of osC and isn't compatible with v2.3.1

It will need recoding.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

The contribution was written for 2.2 versions of osC and isn't compatible with v2.3.1

It will need recoding.

Anyone out there willing to help I only want to generate quotes from the website and do away with all the checkout and ect ect anyone know if there is something out there ..

• 5 months later...

Jack or anyone who has this installed can I ask a question to find out if this mod will do what I want.

I have certain customers who get a better price on certain products only, with this mod could i install the admin side and the behind the scenes side (i.e no quote boxes etc show up on the site to the public) and then add a product/customer/price within the admin so that customer would get the special price each time they purchase the product?

Also does it show them their special price in the product info page or only at checkout.

I have a fairly heavily modified site and thought better to ask before merging it onto my site.

Thanks for any reponce.

It might be able to do that. You can create a quote in admin for that customer. It would show up in the quotes section of the shop and they would have to order it from there. This contribution doesn't alter existing products but adds new ones in the form of a quote. You would need to let your customers know if they have a special price. If it doesn't matter that other customers know about such pricing, you could put something on the product page that says something like, "To receive our special customer discount, click here" and the link would take them to the quotes page.

But if that is all you want it for, you would be better off installing the Easy Discount contribution (there may be others that would allow it to work too). It is not easily setup (no admin) but it will do exactly what you want, though you would have to alter the code each time you changed the customer and/or product.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for your reply Jack

It is a weird one that i am looking for :) it's actually for my friend who is a wholesaler and he is helping me set up in retail I have made us both websites that now feed directly from his POS package but he has some trade customers who get certain products at a certain price.

Can you think of any other way I could acheive this?

Like a list where if special price + product = customer then display/charge special price from table X, else display normal price? and then have a simple input box in admin that would have a drop downs of customers / products / and input box for price that is written to a table.

Also I half installed Quotes (admin side) last night in 2.3.1 and if i complete it I will post a ammended install for 2.3.1.

ShaGGy, Have you tried looking at the SPPC contribution? (Separate Pricing Per Customer) It has the capability of creating customer groups for unique pricing on items, tied to a defined customer group. In my opinion it may be easier to manage than manually creating / duplicating a product with a different price. Easier on the database management too, I suppose. There's also an addon that can hide categories and products from customer groups as well. I have this in conjunction with Quotes v1.2 and they work great.

Jack, I have a question on Quotes. We have it working great in our store, except that I find that there's a way for the customer to view and access the Quote category through the breadcrumb link when they are viewing one of their quoted products. Did I mess up somewhere or is this something that might need to be addressed? I've noticed that a customer can view all the quoted products if they go to the Quote category through that breadcrumb link. It's not a huge deal, as if they click on a product that's not theirs they get a "invalid" error, but I'm wondering if there's something else to ensure total privacy between customers. Thanks again for the great contribution.

Jack, I have a question on Quotes. We have it working great in our store, except that I find that there's a way for the customer to view and access the Quote category through the breadcrumb link when they are viewing one of their quoted products. Did I mess up somewhere or is this something that might need to be addressed? I've noticed that a customer can view all the quoted products if they go to the Quote category through that breadcrumb link. It's not a huge deal, as if they click on a product that's not theirs they get a "invalid" error, but I'm wondering if there's something else to ensure total privacy between customers. Thanks again for the great contribution.

See my post on page 6. I don't recall if the breadcrumb is mentioned there but it should give you an idea on where to look.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 11 months later...

Hi, I just finished installing Quotes addon.

When I click on the Quotes category, I get:

Quotes

There are no products available in this category.

Please help.

Michael

Chris is correct about the version but in case that doesn't apply to you, there won't be any products in the Quotes directory until you create a quote in admin. And then, only if you are logged in and the quote is meant for you.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 years later...

@Jack_mcs

Hi Jack ,  

First of all, thanks for this addon. I installed and it works great!

I did not read through the 10 pages, i have to be honest with you first, so if i asked the question asked before, please excuse me.

My question is that so far as I know client send a request via email to request for quote, what if the website owner want to send a quotation to client who did not send quote request via email but via phone. Is there a way to create quotation to both registered customer and not yet registered customer? (And will be good if can also add the estimated shipping cost)

thanks

Edited by ce7