• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quotes

Jack_mcs

ahhhh - that is where i am stuck because when i tried what you just said with a made up user, there was no quotes to be viewed once that user created an account after receiving that email confirmation.

Perhaps the reason was because when they created an account, the email address had to match the email address to where the quote was sent to....is that how the code knows how to track unregistered users...

thanks

Yes, that's correct.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Jack,

And thanks for an incredibly useful add-on (as usual!), easy to install.

One question... in the Quotes Handler when I click on Delete to eliminate an old quote nothing happens. I'm using 2.2R2a, php 5.2.5, myqsl5. Any ideas?

Mandy

Did you apply the code fix posted previously? It should fix that problem.

Jack

Hello Jack,

I installed your last version, and read through all the posts but found none with the same problem... did I miss something?

Hello Jack,

I installed your last version, and read through all the posts but found none with the same problem... did I miss something?

I'm sorry. My mind was on another contribution. There wasn't a fix poted in this thread. I just looked at my installation though and the delete works fine under mysql 5. That part of the code is pretty standard and simple so I can't imagine why it is failing. If you are able to, try to clear the quotes table in the database, add a new quote and try deleting it. Maybe the table is messed up for some reason?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm sorry. My mind was on another contribution. There wasn't a fix poted in this thread. I just looked at my installation though and the delete works fine under mysql 5. That part of the code is pretty standard and simple so I can't imagine why it is failing. If you are able to, try to clear the quotes table in the database, add a new quote and try deleting it. Maybe the table is messed up for some reason?

Jack

Hello Jack,

I cleared the database and made a quote but am still unable to delete it. Clicking on the button the page refreshes but the quote is still there... I am really stumped!

Mandy

In admin/quotes.php, find this line

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_QUOTES . " where quote_id = '" . (int)$_POST['delete'] . "'");

and replace it with this

$quotes_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_QUOTES);
   echo 'quotes before '.$_POST['delete'] . ' - '.tep_db_num_rows($quotes_query) .'<br>';
   tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_QUOTES . " where quote_id = '" . (int)$_POST['delete'] . "'");
   $quotes_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_QUOTES);
   echo 'quotes after '.$_POST['delete'] . ' - '.tep_db_num_rows($quotes_query) .'<br>';

Then try to delete a quote. What is printed on the page at the top?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

Sorry with the time difference I had gone to sleep.

I changed the code as indicated and still the same result. However you say to indicate what is written but there is nothing that shows up - no warning, no message just the same brief page refresh and the quote still there. Funny because all of your contributions work like a charm and client-side this one is perfect aside from this little problem (which eventually will cause problems if I can't get rid of the old quotes!). Thank you for your time on this. I wonder if anyone else has tried to delete their quotes with the same configuration mysl and php.

Mandy

If nothing is showing up, then the delete button isn't being regognized at all. But there's no magic there. It is a standard deelte button and code. There must be something on your server preventing it from working,though I can't imagine what that is. Try replacing this line

<td class="main" width="40"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_delete.gif', IMAGE_DELETE, 'name="delete" value="' . $quotes['quote_id'] . '"'); ?></a></td>

with this one

<td class="smallText" width="40"><INPUT TYPE=IMAGE SRC="includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_delete.gif" NAME="delete" value="<?php echo $quotes['quote_id']; ?>"></td>

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

This is so strange... I replaced the code and still nothing happens. I went to all the other programs that use delete like backup, customers, etc. and they all work but for some unearthly reason this one does not. The code in those other files is so different for the button that I do not think I would know how to incorporate one of them in it's place. I'm sorry to cause you this problem as I love all your contribs and have used practically all of them with no problems.

Mandy

Hi Jack,

This is so strange... I replaced the code and still nothing happens. I went to all the other programs that use delete like backup, customers, etc. and they all work but for some unearthly reason this one does not. The code in those other files is so different for the button that I do not think I would know how to incorporate one of them in it's place. I'm sorry to cause you this problem as I love all your contribs and have used practically all of them with no problems.

Mandy

Hello again Jack,

In looking over all the other files in Admin (with 2.2RC2a, mysql5) they all use switch ($action) with case 'deleteconfirm' in the upper and lower portions of the files making reference to deleting... does that put us on a track to follow?

Mandy

The code is standard. There is either a mistake in your installation or, more likely, something on your server preventing it from working. Unfortunately, there isn't anything else I can do through this support thread. The code would require troubleshooting to find the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The code is standard. There is either a mistake in your installation or, more likely, something on your server preventing it from working. Unfortunately, there isn't anything else I can do through this support thread. The code would require troubleshooting to find the problem.

Jack

Hello Jack,

And thank you for having tried to help.

One last thing ... I created a quote to once again try deleting (and so of course had not checked the box to notify the customer) and on clicking on Delete it checked the box and did not delete! So the action it had was to check the box (which I had not noticed before as the boxes were already checked). I did verify all the installation and everything is exact and the new files are exactly the originals with the "disable" changed to "enable" for the check boxes as posted much earlier.

Thank you again, Jack, even if you can not help on this.

Mandy

• 1 month later...

Hi Jack

Once again, excellent work. In addition to cart contents added for a quote, is there a tip or trick you can share in placing a button on each product page for the purpose of getting a quote? Some of my customers are not smart enough in figuring out that items have to be placed in their cart initially before they can quote it.

Also, I'm using the BTS system, not STS, and the quoted product is showing up even when you are not logged in. Any work around with that? It's showing up when I view all products by manufacture and also showing up when I search the site for it. I want to hide that from the public eye.

Thanks

kenz

Edited by kenz

The code isn't setup to handle quotes from the products page. I'll consider it for the next version. In the meantime, you could place a message on the product page explaining how to get a quote.

I haven't tried this contribution in a BTS shop. If installed correctly, it should work though.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The code isn't setup to handle quotes from the products page. I'll consider it for the next version. In the meantime, you could place a message on the product page explaining how to get a quote.

I haven't tried this contribution in a BTS shop. If installed correctly, it should work though.

Thanks Jack for the quick response. I see how you use

and quotes_email_address NOT LIKE '%@%'

in the sql for the new_products.php Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this suppose to partially block the quoted products from also being listed under new products? If that is the case, then how are quoted products not being shown from using the default site search tool or when you view products listed by manufacture?

thanks

Edited by kenz

Thanks Jack for the quick response. I see how you use

and quotes_email_address NOT LIKE '%@%'

in the sql for the new_products.php Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this suppose to partially block the quoted products from also being listed under new products? If that is the case, then how are quoted products not being shown from using the default site search tool or when you view products listed by manufacture?

thanks

I just installed this contribution on a fresh version of oscommerce with default settings and it still does the same thing. A customer can search for products that are intentionally quoted for someone else by using the advance search or my searching for products listed by manufacture. Jack any thought how to prevent this?

thanks

kenz

Edited by kenz

I just installed this contribution on a fresh version of oscommerce with default settings and it still does the same thing. A customer can search for products that are intentionally quoted for someone else by using the advance search or my searching for products listed by manufacture. Jack any thought how to prevent this?

I tried submitting a quote in the test site I have here and making that quote active in the admin. Then I did a search for the product I added in the quote but only the actual product was found. The only thing I can think of is that you don't have the Quotes category setup correctly.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack,

I tripled checked my code and my quote products are still showing up under the advance search results. really strange. Is anyone else experiencing this?

• 4 weeks later...

This contribute just what i need...

I have some problems

under Admin when i have a request i go to lets say tools/quotes/English then make up the Quote then go back to Quotes under tools but Both radio buttons are shadowed out?

Under the site when i login to see the Quote i get some thing like this they are not links, and the Quotes Catalogue dose not a pair

To request a Quote, please click here.

ID Our Quote Date Quoted Status

uuuuuuu 11-02-09 Paid

5555 11-02-09 Paid

Thanks

Frank

I don't understand what "and the Quotes Catalogue dose not a pair" means but you don't mention editing the quote product so maybe that wasn't done.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Sorry jack

When I go to my website and login as a buyer to fined my Quote, I get

ID Our Quote Date Quoted Status

uuuuuuu 11-02-09 Paid

5555 11-02-09 Paid

The above are 2 made up test quotes. what I am saying these are not links to the Quote Category

Correct me if I am wrong I was expecting a new Quotes category to appear in the Categories list holding the quotes then I would press say buy now.

Frank

No, the quote directory isn't automatically created. You have to do that. Please see the install instructions for how to set that up.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No, the quote directory isn't automatically created. You have to do that. Please see the install instructions for how to set that up.

This i know i have made A Quotes Directory.that part is all setup.... i can make a Quote all good... whats not happing when i log in as a buyer the quotes directory dose not appear

Also under Admin/tools/quotes the Radio buttons do not send email to the buyer to inform them the quote i ready.

Frank

Hi Jack

I checked my code But it is highly modified in places any idea where i should be looking I’ve been using Beyond compare. Do you think it may be the database sequence as there are lots of mods? I would love to uses this feature on my site and would appreciate any advise you could give me..

Frank