• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quotes

Jack_mcs

HMM.. i think it would be pertitnent to get a phone number, address, and some other info incase the quote is a little more involved.. sometimes when you call the person and speak to them, you can feel them out and base your price on a conversation..

Just a suggestion, but if you make the form like the account creation forum where you can enable or disable fields, that would be nice.. Or just have a "require account" option in the admin..

I have to say.. this is one of the best contributions to come out for oscommerce in a LONG time. Just what it needed

Edited by lindsayanng

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Jack I put the quote Category back in. It still shows up in my category list, but now when I create a quote I am able to add the product. I dont see the product edit page but the adding product is different that the regular adding product. However, when I do add the product it goes into the quotes category and then everyone can see it. I did a test created a user name signed in requested a quote, then signed out. I filled out the quote request and then went to see if it was in the regular shopping cart it was, and I was able to open it up and view it even though I was not even signed in. I have asked in the STS section and am still waiting for an answer there to. The other thing the notify boxes are grayed out so I can use them, to send a notification out. One more thing, Jack where is the code for the infoboxes located so I can check that out? I just found a new problem that you may be able to help me with also. When I deleted the quote request in admin this popped-up on top of the page.

Array

(

[action] => process

[ttl_quotes] => 1

=> 1

[email_address] => [email protected]

[delete_x] => 32

[delete_y] => 13

[delete] => 1

)

I really dont thing that should be there correct?

Pat

Edited by Kysmiley57

You shouldn't see the quotes category. You don't have something setup correctly. Most likely it is the infobox code.

A fix for the text you see printed has already been mentioned in this thread.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack Can you tell me where the infoboc coding was suppose to go and the code so I can look to see if I did it according to instructions, Please? Then I will try to stop bothering you. This add-on is real important for me, I dont want to discard it.

Pat

Jack Can you tell me where the infoboc coding was suppose to go and the code so I can look to see if I did it according to instructions, Please? Then I will try to stop bothering you. This add-on is real important for me, I dont want to discard it.

Pat

I can repeat what it says in the readme file but if you can't understand what is already written there, I don't know that I could explain it any better.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for all your help Jack. it seems that for me to get this to work with STS I have to make the same changes to a product_info file in STS_inc but that file is completely different and the lines I am suppose to replace dont even exist :-(. I did however, disable STS in admin and the quotes worked fine. It got rid of the Quotes category from showing under categories.

Pat

• 4 weeks later...

A new version has been uploaded. It contains the following changes:

- Removed debug code from admin/quotes.php.

- Fixed javascript error in request-a-quote.php.

- Removed reference to quotes_closed file, which is not in the package.

- Removed extra semi-colon in includes/boxes/information.php.

- Corrected html coding error in quotes.php and request-a-quote.php.

- Added missing filename definition to included file.

- Added missing quotesLink class.

- Added code to quotes.php to allow shop owner to view all quotes.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I was wondering... I tried your Quotes script a little while back and it only had the option for one item and not the entire shopping cart. Does the latest version have this, or do you have any plans of adding this later on? The development of this would be quite helpful to many of us!

• 2 weeks later...

On my shop, it adds the ID, product name and price. Maybe it is due to the version of php/mysql you are using?

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, I have those as well, but I want it to show up as, for example:

2x Microsoft Sidewinder

1x Bubble Blower

3x Other Things

My customers will be buying more than one of each thing, in fact, hundreds to thousands of each item.

Oh, I thought you meant the price. To show the quantity, find this line in request-a-quote.php

$script .= '"ID: " + "' . $inCartArray[$i]['id'] . '" + "\nName: " + "' .  $inCartArray[$i]['name'] . '"';

and add this line after it

$script .= ' + " ( ' .  $inCartArray[$i]['quantity'] . ' )" ';

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Another question, sorry:

Is it possible to clear the shopping cart after submitting your quote request? Because when the customer adds the quoted "item(s)", the previous shopping cart items are still there. I don't trust "average" people to understand that they need to remove the items from the cart.

It's possible but not a good idea. Changing something the customers have setup could make them angry. For example, they may want a quote on ten products they added but then, after submitting the quote, they want to see what it would cost if they added two more. Finding they have to start over would be frustrating.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you, you have saved me a lot of work!

I'm glad you mentioned it since it was really a big problem in the contribution. If the shop owner assumed a quantity of one and quoted that, it could anger the customer to find out they have to pay more because they wanted a higher quantity.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I love this mod. I just had one question, When I click on the new quote request in quote handler should that bring me to a blank add a new product page under the quotes category? I thought it would use the product info from the part the quote was requested for and I would change the pricing to adjust for increased quantity.

The product page is for one product. If someone asked for a quote on ten different products, it wouldn't apply to just one product? So when you go to the products pages from the quotes page, it adds a few things from the quote the person submitted but that's all.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Hi , Great contribution ..

but i am having an issue here .. the category is visible for everyone! .. i figured it must be the include/box/categories.php modification ..

i don't use the categories.php i use the dm_category.php i forgot which contribution is this :/ anyways i didn't find the line :

while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {

but after revising the code in dm_catergory.php .. i guess this is the line needed to add after it

$result = tep_db_query('select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from ' . TABLE_CATEGORIES . ' c, ' . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . ' cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and c.categories_status = 1 and cd.language_id="' . (int)$languages_id .'" '.$parent_query.'order by sort_order, cd.categories_name');

while ($row = tep_db_fetch_array($result)) {

so after it i added the lines

/*** Begin Quotes ***/
if (strpos($categories['categories_name'], 'Quotes') !== FALSE)
  continue;
/*** End Quotes ***/

but the category is still visible for everyone and i guess its confusing the customers.!

so how can i hide it please?

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful contribution Jack!

I see one issue here with not forcing a visitor to registered, in order to get a quote. What if they close the web site and come back? How are they able to view their quote requested before? especially if the email sent them only says "click on this link to view your quote"? Jack I'm just curious to this logic.

If there is a tip or trick you can give to forcing a user to register before adding a quote, that would be wonderful!

Thanks

kenz

Edited by kenz

I see one issue here with not forcing a visitor to registered, in order to get a quote. What if they close the web site and come back? How are they able to view their quote requested before? especially if the email sent them only says "click on this link to view your quote"? Jack I'm just curious to this logic.

If there is a tip or trick you can give to forcing a user to register before adding a quote, that would be wonderful!

Thanks

kenz

I think I got a simple fix - simply took

<?php echo TEXT_REQUEST_A_QUOTE; ?>

from quotes.php and placed it on the account.php page. Please let me know if you don't recommend this.

Thanks

Thanks

kenz

The quote is assigned to the supplied email. When the person tries to view the quote, it will take them to the login page. If they don't have an account, they have to create one. Once they do, they can see the quote.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The quote is assigned to the supplied email. When the person tries to view the quote, it will take them to the login page. If they don't have an account, they have to create one. Once they do, they can see the quote.

Jack

ahhhh - that is where i am stuck because when i tried what you just said with a made up user, there was no quotes to be viewed once that user created an account after receiving that email confirmation.

Perhaps the reason was because when they created an account, the email address had to match the email address to where the quote was sent to....is that how the code knows how to track unregistered users...

thanks

Edited by kenz