• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quotes

Jack_mcs

Thanks Jack. It did not create any problem. I found that line but the only way I can get there is to manually put the request_a_quote.php into the url. when i click on the quotes link in my shopping cart it just takes me to a category with no products, like any other category that has no products in it. Is there anyway for me to hard code that link into the quotes category word. Also somewhere in the instructions it says I should have a way to place products into the quotes category that people can request a quote on. I dont have that either. I have go through all the coding and re-uploaded the catelog_new_files to the server. It is still all the same. Is it possible that some of the files may not have been downloading when I down loaded them from the server?

Pat

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also somewhere in the instructions it says I should have a way to place products into the quotes category that people can request a quote on.

Pat

Hi Pat!

I can't see that the instructions says that. It says that a customer can request a quote and that you as the shop owner has to create that particular product and submit it to that particular customer's account (filtered by the customers e-mail). The created product contained in the quotes category is then visible only to that particular customer when logged in, which also is the point of the contribution, as I understand it. It's also how it seems to work in my shop.

I forgot to mention Jack that I am using STS if that helps. I know some add-ons are installed a little different when we are using STS

Pat

Thanks Chris I misunderstood that one. Jack the URL is www.bluegrassmountain.com/oscommerc

Pat

You're welcome! When going to product_info.php, I got this message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /hermes/web10/b297/moo.kysmiley/oscommerce/product_info.php on line 352

If it was functional prior to the quotes code additions, you might want to check that the curly brackets are put in correct, as I think it could be the problem here.

Chris i check that out this is the last three lines of coding...

<br>

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

the last line is 351

Im not sure where the error comes from.

Pat

I figured it out. You do not get the request page by clicking on the category but the quotes link in the information list. If I click that one I am taken to a page

Pat

I looked through this forum, and I was wondering if anyone can send me a link to a store with this addon working.

I am also a tad confused. Does this allow the visitor to request a quote on ANY product in the store?? The same as if they were to checkout, but without paying?? i just feel like i need to see it to understand better.. I am basically looking to skip the payment process and have ALL clients request a quote of items and quantities that are in their cart.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Chris i check that out this is the last three lines of coding...

<br>

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

the last line is 351

Im not sure where the error comes from.

Pat

I still think that your curly brackets { } doesn't add up. If you don't use a merge program (like winmerge, jedit or the like), then go and get one, it will save you a lot headache.

The problem I asked about here was due to a similar problem. I couldn't use the instructions to the letter, because I had a few other contributions in there that forced me to move a curly bracket a bit further than advised.

I looked through this forum, and I was wondering if anyone can send me a link to a store with this addon working.

I am also a tad confused. Does this allow the visitor to request a quote on ANY product in the store?? The same as if they were to checkout, but without paying?? i just feel like i need to see it to understand better.. I am basically looking to skip the payment process and have ALL clients request a quote of items and quantities that are in their cart.

I think you can do that. A customer creates an account, put items in the cart and goes to your quotes page, there ticks the check box which transfers the cart content to the quotes form field, clicks the send button and you receive it as a quotes request.

Maybe you have put in writing how you would want the customer to go from there in terms of payment etc...

I would LOVE IT if there were a way to automatically make EVERY item in the 'cart' to be a quote.. this store will never actually be SELLING anything.. just a catalog where the visitors can see the prodcts and get a quote

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Thanks Chris. I have downloaded winmerge. I'm not totally sure what I am suppose to compare the on-line php page with. Should I compare it with my backup. Or does it check for other things? I think right now because I am using STS my product_info is part of the STS add-on. But that does give me an idea though. Should my new add-ons not go onto the pages in my STS folders? I will have to check there. It sounds like you know some of php I am learning more every day and trying to learn more so I can make changes to my own cart.

Pat

Thanks Jack. I must have misunderstood. I thought when you clicked on the quotes category it world take you to request a quote page. This is where it takes me. http://www.bluegrassmountain.com/oscommerc...ex.php?cPath=25 just like any other category. That should work alright though. I can place items in the category and link them to the request a quote page.

Pat

Oh, I missed that somehow. There should not be a Quotes category showing. Either you missed adding the code to the infoboxes or the sql changes to the configuration section wasn't done. I suppose you could leave it as it is but it might confuse your customers since it would only apply to those that asked for a quote.

I just recalled you said you were using STS. You need to make sure you edit the correct code for the infoboxes or it won't take effect. Ask in the STS forum if you need help with how to do that.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I would LOVE IT if there were a way to automatically make EVERY item in the 'cart' to be a quote.. this store will never actually be SELLING anything.. just a catalog where the visitors can see the prodcts and get a quote

It wouldn't require a large change to operate that way. You would have to remove all of the checkout links and add a link to request a quote page on the shopping cart page in place of the checkout button. It wouldn't automatically add all of the items to the request page, without a code change, but a note could be added as mentioned to click on the add cart items button.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I think i might be confused on how this works.. People go through and add things to their cart.. then, when they go to checkout, they are now given TWO options, CHECKOUT or REQUEST A QUOTE??

If the "request a quote" button is clicked, then it reverts them to a quote submit page instead of a checkout page?? Then from there, it when they submit the quote, it will basically send what LOOKS like an order form to the admin?

Just want to see if i can wrap my head around there.. It would not be hard at all to remove all CHECKOUT links and just replace them with REQUEST A QUOTE links the bring you to the QUOTE submission page.. I would also probably change the "ADD TO CART" to "add to quote"

So this addon supports attributes and quantities as well?

if ANYONE has this working, i would love to see it.. Again, i dont need to see theadmin, i just wanna checkout the user end..

Thanks Jack, I guess this line in the instructions confused me. "1) Go to admin->Catalog and create a category for the quotes. It can be named whatever you like." By creating a category it automatically puts a category for quotes in the category list. I just removed that category and now all that is there is the link in the infobox to quotes. I like the form you made also for submitting a quote it is easy to modify and add to.

Pat

I think i might be confused on how this works.. People go through and add things to their cart.. then, when they go to checkout, they are now given TWO options, CHECKOUT or REQUEST A QUOTE??

If the "request a quote" button is clicked, then it reverts them to a quote submit page instead of a checkout page?? Then from there, it when they submit the quote, it will basically send what LOOKS like an order form to the admin?

Just want to see if i can wrap my head around there.. It would not be hard at all to remove all CHECKOUT links and just replace them with REQUEST A QUOTE links the bring you to the QUOTE submission page.. I would also probably change the "ADD TO CART" to "add to quote"

So this addon supports attributes and quantities as well?

if ANYONE has this working, i would love to see it.. Again, i dont need to see theadmin, i just wanna checkout the user end..

No, it doesn't give an option on checkout. There is just a page where the cusomter can submit the quote request. Patrick has it installed on his site. As long you don't do any fake orders, there's nothing wrong with looking at his installation.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack, I guess this line in the instructions confused me. "1) Go to admin->Catalog and create a category for the quotes. It can be named whatever you like." By creating a category it automatically puts a category for quotes in the category list. I just removed that category and now all that is there is the link in the infobox to quotes. I like the form you made also for submitting a quote it is easy to modify and add to.

Pat

Hmm, I may have to reword that. You have to have a category for the quotes or the contribution won't work. Here is the procedure.

- Add a category in admin->Catalog for the quotes. It can be called whatever you want.

- Go to admin->Configuration->My Store and enter the name of that category into the setting for quotes.

If the code is installed correctly, it should work at that point.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

oookk.. Ok.. I went to the site, but I was hardly able to find the QUOTES link on there..

So if i just put a link to the checkout ONLY to the request a quote, and add more stuff for the forum, i should be good..

Does submitting the quote require the person to create an account?? It would be a nice option to have.