• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

One Page Checkout Support

I have installed OPC1.4 and it works just great :) Thanks for this contrubution.

Earlier i could choose to say that when a customer choos COD payment the can only choose flat rate shipping.

But now i cant do this, does anyone has sucess with something like that when using the OPC1.4 contribution?

Regards,

thbor83

I have testet to use the contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2965 without any luck.

When changing the code for the payment to not include the payment type when choosing the table shipping method i still see the payment method.

Does anyone know how to make the script disable shipping methods based on payment methods or vice versa. From what i can see the script can use the same codes as when you dont use one page checkout contrubition.

Since im not any coding expert im not sure how to fix it and why it's not working.

Regards,

Thomas

I have testet to use the contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2965 without any luck.

When changing the code for the payment to not include the payment type when choosing the table shipping method i still see the payment method.

Does anyone know how to make the script disable shipping methods based on payment methods or vice versa. From what i can see the script can use the same codes as when you dont use one page checkout contrubition.

Since im not any coding expert im not sure how to fix it and why it's not working.

Regards,

Thomas

After installing this contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1633 i figured oout something.

I have selected that one of the shipping methods is allowing both payment methods, when choosing the one that should disable one payment methods nothing happen.

But when checking the box "Different from billing address?" under shipping address and then uncheck it again then suddenly the payment method that should be disabled was disabled.

I will think its very difficult to make the customer do this everytime the is buying anything in our store, is there someone that can help me make this work for everyone without having to check the shipping address box?

If this is an payable customization send me an pm, we need this done fast.

Regards,

Thomas

After installing this contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1633 i figured oout something.

I have selected that one of the shipping methods is allowing both payment methods, when choosing the one that should disable one payment methods nothing happen.

But when checking the box "Different from billing address?" under shipping address and then uncheck it again then suddenly the payment method that should be disabled was disabled.

I will think its very difficult to make the customer do this everytime the is buying anything in our store, is there someone that can help me make this work for everyone without having to check the shipping address box?

Regards,

Thomas

I noticed the same thing, but for unrelated reasons I decided to show the shipping address by default and require login. No issue now, of course this requires customers to use the original create account script to create an account prior to using one page checkout. This is preferred for now in my case because we collect quite a bit of custom data from our customers during the account creation process. I also used similar if() statements to check the vertical or horizontal layout for the shipping/billing addresses to provide the same option for making the shipping options line up horizontally with the payment options, so selecting horizontal in the admin panel makes both the addresses and Payment and shipping options horizontal and minimizes the amount of scrolling to checkout. A nice trade off. You can see it here lwtest.49ercommunications.com

I am wondering if you have Auto-show billing/shipping modules is set to false?.?.?

I run a completely customized osC2.2 RC1 shop with mostly custom modifications that replicate the features of many contributions available except in a way that the data is more easily synced with Quickbooks on a continuous basis.

Regards,

Thomas

Hi!

I think you need to add some code to checkout.js so it will update the payment and shipment modules when you select one.

In original it setting billing/shipping address and updating the order total i think.

Hi !

for several days I break my head to understand why the total amount after adding the shipping costs do not appear in the confirmation email, or in "My Account - info commands" and in the Admin area "order"

you can see in the screenshot :

in the frontend "My Account - Order Info ":

info_commande.gif

in the "Admin""orders":

info_pedido_admin.gif

when we finalize the order, the amount is correct,

and when we pay by credit card, the amount is also correct:

finaliser.gif

all this is rather annoying...

someone faced that problem before me?

ok, i found the solution :

in file ot_total.php the function :

function process() {
     global $order, $currencies;

$this->output[] = array('title' => $this->title . ':',
                             'text' => '<b><input type="text" style="text-align: right; border:none; background:none;" name="total__" value="' . $currencies->format($order->info['total'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '"></b>',
                             'value' => $order->info['total']);
   }

have been changed !! (an input type have been added !!!) but no comment to know why ?, who ? and when ?!

so i check the original file in the package of oscommerce and i turned it back to original version :

original :

function process() {
     global $order, $currencies;

$this->output[] = array('title' => $this->title . ':',

'text' => '<b>' . $currencies->format($order->info['total'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b>',
                             'value' => $order->info['total']);

}

and it work fine ! :-"

:thumbsup:

///

I noticed the same thing, but for unrelated reasons I decided to show the shipping address by default and require login. No issue now, of course this requires customers to use the original create account script to create an account prior to using one page checkout. This is preferred for now in my case because we collect quite a bit of custom data from our customers during the account creation process. I also used similar if() statements to check the vertical or horizontal layout for the shipping/billing addresses to provide the same option for making the shipping options line up horizontally with the payment options, so selecting horizontal in the admin panel makes both the addresses and Payment and shipping options horizontal and minimizes the amount of scrolling to checkout. A nice trade off. You can see it here lwtest.49ercommunications.com

I am wondering if you have Auto-show billing/shipping modules is set to false?.?.?

I have actually tried several different combination of the one page checkout settings. For the moment Auto-show billing/shipping modules is set to true.

Tried your checkout and it seems great :)

Hi!

I think you need to add some code to checkout.js so it will update the payment and shipment modules when you select one.

In original it setting billing/shipping address and updating the order total i think.

Yes i will also think i have to add some code to checkout.js or checkout.php to make the modules update automatically, but im not sure what and where :(

I have already tried to look in the checkout.php and checkout.js file but cant i got any closer to an soulution.

-Thomas

I have actually tried several different combination of the one page checkout settings. For the moment Auto-show billing/shipping modules is set to true.

Tried your checkout and it seems great :)

Yes i will also think i have to add some code to checkout.js or checkout.php to make the modules update automatically, but im not sure what and where :(

I have already tried to look in the checkout.php and checkout.js file but cant i got any closer to an soulution.

-Thomas

Its under checkout.js im pretty sure.

I have made changes to that file to change the order it updates all the thing.

I cannot remember exactly where right now but i will try to check the file later as i dont know have access to my ftp right now.

But if you open up you will probably see where you should add the code.

Its under checkout.js im pretty sure.

I have made changes to that file to change the order it updates all the thing.

I cannot remember exactly where right now but i will try to check the file later as i dont know have access to my ftp right now.

But if you open up you will probably see where you should add the code.

I will look some more at that file to see if i could figure it out :)

But if you have the time and find what you changed i very happy if you share it with me.

-Thomas

I need to be able to set the default shipping method. This will not be the lowest, nor the highest priced shipping method, so changing the cheapest() function to look for the most expensive is not an option. I played with the idea of using the sort order by making the following edit in the includes/checkout/shipping_method.php file around line 41.

if($free_shipping == false){
	$ds_sql="SELECT configuration_key FROM configuration WHERE configuration_title = 'Sort Order' AND configuration_key LIKE '%MODULE_SHIPPING_%' AND configuration_value = 0";
	$ds_query=tep_db_query($ds_sql);
	$ds=tep_db_fetch_array($ds_query);
	$ds_method = substr($ds['configuration_key'], 16, -11).'_'.substr($ds['configuration_key'], 16, -11);
	$shipping = array(
             'id' => $ds_method,
             'title' => 'Default Method',
             'cost' => 'Default Cost'
             );
//		$shipping = $shipping_modules->cheapest();

This does in fact work in that it sets the default shipping method to whatever shipping method is current in the sort order 0 (zero) position. The only problem is that we ship to US and Canada. Canadian shipments do not have this option available. So if a Canadian shipping address is provided there will be no default shipping address. I guess this is not a terrible thing as we do not ship to Canada all that often, but I was wondering if anyone had some ideas how I could set the default for multiple geo_zones. I thought of having the sort over start over at zero again for Canadian options, and starting the Alaska/Hawaii options at zero, so there would be three zeros, but I haven't quite figured out how to change the query to make sure I get the default for the correct geo_zone_name. I cannot find a db only solution and may have to use the $shipping_modules object in conjunction with the configuration table in the db. Any ideas?

I run a completely customized osC2.2 RC1 shop with mostly custom modifications that replicate the features of many contributions available except in a way that the data is more easily synced with Quickbooks on a continuous basis.

I need to be able to set the default shipping method. This will not be the lowest, nor the highest priced shipping method, so changing the cheapest() function to look for the most expensive is not an option. I played with the idea of using the sort order by making the following edit in the includes/checkout/shipping_method.php file around line 41.

if($free_shipping == false){
	$ds_sql="SELECT configuration_key FROM configuration WHERE configuration_title = 'Sort Order' AND configuration_key LIKE '%MODULE_SHIPPING_%' AND configuration_value = 0";
	$ds_query=tep_db_query($ds_sql);
	$ds=tep_db_fetch_array($ds_query);
	$ds_method = substr($ds['configuration_key'], 16, -11).'_'.substr($ds['configuration_key'], 16, -11);
	$shipping = array(
             'id' => $ds_method,
             'title' => 'Default Method',
             'cost' => 'Default Cost'
             );

This does in fact work in that it sets the default shipping method to whatever shipping method is current in the sort order 0 (zero) position. The only problem is that we ship to US and Canada. Canadian shipments do not have this option available. So if a Canadian shipping address is provided there will be no default shipping address. I guess this is not a terrible thing as we do not ship to Canada all that often, but I was wondering if anyone had some ideas how I could set the default for multiple geo_zones. I thought of having the sort over start over at zero again for Canadian options, and starting the Alaska/Hawaii options at zero, so there would be three zeros, but I haven't quite figured out how to change the query to make sure I get the default for the correct geo_zone_name. I cannot find a db only solution and may have to use the $shipping_modules object in conjunction with the configuration table in the db. Any ideas?

I figured out a much simpler, and more direct approach. I created a function in the includes/classes/shipping.php class as follows:

function first() {
     if (is_array($this->modules)) {
       $rates = array();

reset($this->modules);
       while (list(, $value) = each($this->modules)) {
         $class = substr($value, 0, strrpos($value, '.'));
         if ($GLOBALS[$class]->enabled) {
           $quotes = $GLOBALS[$class]->quotes;
           for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($quotes['methods']); $i<$n; $i++) {
             if (isset($quotes['methods'][$i]['cost']) && tep_not_null($quotes['methods'][$i]['cost'])) {
               $rates[] = array('id' => $quotes['id'] . '_' . $quotes['methods'][$i]['id'],
                                'title' => $quotes['module'] . ' (' . $quotes['methods'][$i]['title'] . ')',
                                'cost' => $quotes['methods'][$i]['cost']);
             }
           }
         }
       }
       $first = $rates[0];
       return $first;
     }
   }

Then made this simple change to the includes/checkout/shipping_method.php file around line 42.

$shipping = $shipping_modules->first();

Now all I have to do is start my sort orders in the admin panel at 1 and whatever I give sort order 1 is now the default regardless of how much the shipping method cost. This solves the international problem by simply defaulting to the module with the lowest sort order. If my Canadian or Alaska/Hawaii options come after my lower 48 options it doesn't matter because they don't quotes for those orders anyway. Just to keep it from looking confusing in the admin panel I made my lower 48 options sort 1-5 my Alaska/Hawaii options sort 1-2 and my Canadian option is sort one, so as we begin shipping to more and more geo_zones I will simply have similar sort groups for each new geo_zone.

Hope this helps some of you.

I will look some more at that file to see if i could figure it out :)

But if you have the time and find what you changed i very happy if you share it with me.

-Thomas

I havent made that modification myself. but if i understand you right you want to update payment methods after selecting shipping??

If so try this:

on ~line 620 find this code:

setShippingMethod: function ($button){
	if (this.shippingEnabled == false){
		return false;
	}

var checkoutClass = this;
	this.setModuleMethod('shipping', $button.val(), function (data){
	});

},

Replace with this

return false;
	}

});

this.updatePaymentMethods(true);

},

Please tell us if it works

I havent made that modification myself. but if i understand you right you want to update payment methods after selecting shipping??

If so try this:

on ~line 620 find this code:

return false;
	}

});

},

Replace with this

return false;
	}

});

this.updatePaymentMethods(true);

},

Please tell us if it works

That's correct i want to update the payments after selecting shipping method.

Changed the code as you suggested but nothing happened, the only time a payment module is hiding is when i either check the different address box or change the zip code.

-Thomas

That's correct i want to update the payments after selecting shipping method.

Changed the code as you suggested but nothing happened, the only time a payment module is hiding is when i either check the different address box or change the zip code.

-Thomas

with this http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2965

AND the code i gave you it works in my page, if i choose zones i can pay with cod, but if i choose someother shipping it dissapears. wasnt that how you wanted it?

with this http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2965

AND the code i gave you it works in my page, if i choose zones i can pay with cod, but if i choose someother shipping it dissapears. wasnt that how you wanted it?

Tried with an fresh install of oscommerce and then i worked just fine, so there must be some code on the other installation i have made that screws up the code you gave me sportstolen.

Thank you so much for helping me with this problem :)

Merry christmas to you and everyone else on the forum.

-Thomas

Tried with an fresh install of oscommerce and then i worked just fine, so there must be some code on the other installation i have made that screws up the code you gave me sportstolen.

Thank you so much for helping me with this problem :)

Merry christmas to you and everyone else on the forum.

-Thomas

what other modules do you have installed?

what other modules do you have installed?

I had

Search Tag Cloud http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5498

Dibs payment http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4192

Detailed monthly sales http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5961

Offline store http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6332

After i had installed everything in a fresh oscommerce installation i got an error when trying to make the purchase with a logged on account.

------------------------------------------------

Address Errors

Confirmation password does not match the password.

This happens when i use the login button on the checkout page, but if i then go from the checkout page to another one and back again it works fine.

Does anyone know how to fix this error?

I have already tried this solution

find on line 1122:

$sql_data_array = array(

'customers_firstname' => $onepage['billing']['firstname'],

'customers_lastname' => $onepage['billing']['lastname'],

'customers_email_address' => $onepage['customer']['email_address'],

'customers_telephone' => $onepage['customer']['telephone'],

'customers_fax' => $onepage['customer']['fax'],

'customers_newsletter' => $onepage['customer']['newsletter'],

'customers_password' => tep_encrypt_password($onepage['customer']['password'])

);

replace with:

$sql_data_array = array(

'customers_status' => '1',

);

And i have read through the pages from where steve is refering to in this thread.

-Thomas

I had

Search Tag Cloud http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5498

Dibs payment http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4192

Detailed monthly sales http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5961

Offline store http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6332

After i had installed everything in a fresh oscommerce installation i got an error when trying to make the purchase with a logged on account.

Address Errors

Confirmation password does not match the password.

This happens when i use the login button on the checkout page, but if i then go from the checkout page to another one and back again it works fine.

Does anyone know how to fix this error?

I have already tried this solution

find on line 1122:

$sql_data_array = array(

);

replace with:

$sql_data_array = array(

'customers_status' => '1',

);

And i have read through the pages from where steve is refering to in this thread.

-Thomas

is that all your modules? I dont think those modules would harm something with this mod.

Can you send me pm with store adress so i can take a look?

Anybody else notice that the add/edit address features of this contribution has inadequate validation to prevent people form entering screwy information in the address fields? For example I am able to add a completely blank address then use that for my shipping address. The end result to this little game is that the customer gets to checkout without paying for shipping, because there is no geo_zone and the shipping modules are assigned to the geo_zones. Validate, validate, validate. I am just about to head out for Christmas vacation, when I get back I will fix this and post a patch to the forum if nobody beats me to it. I don't have time at the moment to see where else the validation is lacking, but in this case it is not the end of the world simply charge the customer for shipping when you call to ask where they want the order shipped to. This is very basic level of validation however, which makes me wonder if this validated at all or if the user input is even escaped.

I have Options Type Feature (OTF) installed which may or may not be relevant and just realised that the update cart process used by OPC is different to normal.

Without OPC all modifications to the cart are performed by catalog/shopping_cart.php. On the order confirmation page, if the customer wants to update products he is directed to catalog/shopping_cart.php and the changes are done there before returning through the multiple screens. That all works fine.

If OPC is turned on, the options are carried forward to the OPC page and if no changes are made to the shopping cart in checkout.php then all is well. BUT if the quantity in the cart on the OPC page is changed the options are lost. The values in field 'products_options_value_text' in table 'customers_basket_attributes' appear to be deleted during the cart update.

try the old includes/checkout/cart.php that has the cart update button

Steve

Besides changing the "cart.php" file has anyone else had this issue and been able to solve it?

Also is changing the cart.php file still going to work with the current version?

Besides changing the "cart.php" file has anyone else had this issue and been able to solve it?

Also is changing the cart.php file still going to work with the current version?

Hi yes im still using the old version of the cart file even with the new version

you might have to uncomment, replace or add to cart in checkout.php

<td><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_update_cart.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE_CART, 'name="updateQuantities" id="updateCartButton"');?></td>

Steve

Edited by steve_s

I tried to install this on a fresh V2.3.1 and it runs smoothly. you will have to remove the require of column_left and header and footer, and add require template_top and bottom instead.

Just in case anybody wonder.

Mine crashes. I assume you meant within checkout.php for the above reference. Care to share your secret?

Mine crashes. I assume you meant within checkout.php for the above reference. Care to share your secret?

Let me add onto what I'm seeing. I'm sure Steve is correct.

If I turn off onepage, everything works normal, no issues.

Turn on one page and of course the first thing I got was overlay of old 2.2 and mix of 2.31. template. but no page data boxes.

Changed the header.php in checkout.php to template_top.php

Changed footer.php template_bottom.php

Removed column_left completely since it is contained in template.

Left column_right in code, not sure exactly what it is doing and why we can turn it on and off in config. Nesting is fun to follow.

Now I get a 2.31. template, no onepage and an additional box_heading (BOX_HEADING_SHOPPING_CART) from the original 2.2. Obviously I've missed something.

My question, has anyone documented the necessary changes for 2.31?

One other item, I noticed there is an email gathering for un-duplicated errors in 1.4 onepage for re-mailing? Can anyone elaborate how the error is processed? The code does not seem to gather any debug data? Just current table data for that transaction.

Any help would be appreciated.

W

Let me add onto what I'm seeing. I'm sure Steve is correct.

If I turn off onepage, everything works normal, no issues.

Turn on one page and of course the first thing I got was overlay of old 2.2 and mix of 2.31. template. but no page data boxes.

Changed the header.php in checkout.php to template_top.php

Changed footer.php template_bottom.php

Removed column_left completely since it is contained in template.

Left column_right in code, not sure exactly what it is doing and why we can turn it on and off in config. Nesting is fun to follow.

Now I get a 2.31. template, no onepage and an additional box_heading (BOX_HEADING_SHOPPING_CART) from the original 2.2. Obviously I've missed something.

My question, has anyone documented the necessary changes for 2.31?

One other item, I noticed there is an email gathering for un-duplicated errors in 1.4 onepage for re-mailing? Can anyone elaborate how the error is processed? The code does not seem to gather any debug data? Just current table data for that transaction.

Any help would be appreciated.

W

Hi

BOX_HEADING_SHOPPING_CART is MODULE_BOXES_SHOPPING_CART_TITLE in osc 2.3.1 so will have to change that in includes/checkout/cart.php

as for the mailing errors im not sure what is going on there maybe paste them here

Steve

Since I have installed OPC my order ID's are not in sync. My last couple are 229,233,237,242 does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix.

Thanks,

Capt Tony

In phpmyadmin I have it set to auto increment. It does increase just not one at a time. Anyone else having this problem.

Thanks,

Capt Tony

Hi

BOX_HEADING_SHOPPING_CART is MODULE_BOXES_SHOPPING_CART_TITLE in osc 2.3.1 so will have to change that in includes/checkout/cart.php

as for the mailing errors im not sure what is going on there maybe paste them here

Steve

Hi Steve,

Let me give an update and I'll post the changes so far if anyone is interested.

What I did to get the the basic pages up and formatted is to change checkout.php

Not only did I have to remove, header.php,footer.php, left_column, but First half of right_column.php as defined.

There is still an issue with Java and processing. The extra box that I was having trouble with is make loader page pop up by onecheckout. Turned it off in config, but it is blank and no data when on, which was more confusing. Left oscommerce columns in config true and turned custom right column off. It should also be noted if you use the install.txt in the install.xml page for database entry, be-aware there is an error. The instructions call for 913 to be used twice as an identifier which causes a failure of the last insert table directive. Meaning you have to manually change the table id/seq number. There is no .sql table adjustment in 1.4 as defined.

After all that...

Everything propagates in the screen just fine. shipping pricing, etc. When you click continue, Java's wheel of forever time pops up and stays, until you break it. It attempts to place some data in to the DB but after this nothing gets processed. This is where I am really weak, Java is a long cry from assembler and C for me..

If you interrupt the process, you get blank fields. but an inserted was attempted.

My is a new install. I've checked the code changes to all the files and they all seem to correct.

< = Modified checkout.php in catalog added. > = removed

15d14

< require('includes/template_top.php');

640a640

> <?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

642a643,656

> <!-- body //-->

> <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">

> <tr>

> <?php

> if (ONEPAGE_SHOW_OSC_COLUMNS == 'true'){

> ?>

> <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

> <!-- left_navigation //-->

> <?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

> <!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

> </table></td>

> <?php

> }

> ?>

949c963,971

< if (ONEPAGE_SHOW_CUSTOM_COLUMN == 'true'){

---

> if (ONEPAGE_SHOW_OSC_COLUMNS == 'true'){

> ?>

> <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

> <!-- right_navigation //-->

> <?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

> <!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

> </table></td>

> <?php

> }elseif (ONEPAGE_SHOW_CUSTOM_COLUMN == 'true'){

990a1013

> <?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

996,997d1018

< <?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_bottom.php'); ?>

Can anyone walk me through the java process so I know what I'm looking at? I don't want to learn java per say.

Stumbling through it is just fine. :)

Or correct the issue for 2.3.1.