• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

One Page Checkout Support

Has anyone else noticed that the email validator function makes the IE9 beta freeze? I've tried this on the test site and my site with the same results on a couple different machines. Right after the email field loses focus, the browser becomes unresponsive and the cpu activity goes up dramatically and plateaus until you manually shut down iexplore.exe.

Sure its just a beta. I'm just concerned about compatibility with the final version. Might be a good idea to review the function as a preventative measure.

Hi

to get this to work you need to copy and paste code from function selection to function process leaving the return $confirmation at the end

Steve

Hi Steve

Can you tell the people with this cc problem how to solve the problem?

It would be great!

Many thanks from Holland

Has anyone else noticed that the email validator function makes the IE9 beta freeze? I've tried this on the test site and my site with the same results on a couple different machines. Right after the email field loses focus, the browser becomes unresponsive and the cpu activity goes up dramatically and plateaus until you manually shut down iexplore.exe.

Sure its just a beta. I'm just concerned about compatibility with the final version. Might be a good idea to review the function as a preventative measure.

Hi

a lot of javascript that worked on IE7 doesn't work on IE8, i would email MS about this, its far easier for MS to make a complaint browser then 1000's of site and developers to rechange code

IE should be boycotted its a lousy browser and not even an industry standard compliance browser

Steve

Edited by steve_s

Defaulting Payment Option.

Hi all - I've been using OPC for a while now and am using 1.4 right now.

Things seem to be working OK, but there is one thing that I am trying to do that maybe someone can help with?

In 1.3 when the user selected the Payment type (like Credit Card) it would reveal the credit card input fields and then continue to do all it's ajax stuff - so users could just enter details whilst ajax stuff is going on in the bg and when they are done with entering their details, everything has been loaded/set.

In 1.4 Ajax stuff needs to complete before Credit Card input fields are shown. And if the user clicks on the credit card payment option whilst Ajax is working, it just unchecks the radio box and the user has to press it again. A little annoying for the user.

I'd like to try to do one of two things:

1. Try to get it to work like 1.3 again, where it reveals the credit card input fields whilst Ajax is still running in the bg.

OR

2. Default the Credit Card option in payment options (like how shipping options default), so whilst the user is typing in their address details everything is happening in the bg and when they get to the Payment option - the Credit Card option is already selected and the input fields are already displayed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! :lol:

Defaulting Payment Option.

Hi all - I've been using OPC for a while now and am using 1.4 right now.

Things seem to be working OK, but there is one thing that I am trying to do that maybe someone can help with?

In 1.3 when the user selected the Payment type (like Credit Card) it would reveal the credit card input fields and then continue to do all it's ajax stuff - so users could just enter details whilst ajax stuff is going on in the bg and when they are done with entering their details, everything has been loaded/set.

In 1.4 Ajax stuff needs to complete before Credit Card input fields are shown. And if the user clicks on the credit card payment option whilst Ajax is working, it just unchecks the radio box and the user has to press it again. A little annoying for the user.

I'd like to try to do one of two things:

1. Try to get it to work like 1.3 again, where it reveals the credit card input fields whilst Ajax is still running in the bg.

OR

2. Default the Credit Card option in payment options (like how shipping options default), so whilst the user is typing in their address details everything is happening in the bg and when they get to the Payment option - the Credit Card option is already selected and the input fields are already displayed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! :lol:

Hi

admin>configuration>one page checkout try setting this to true

Make loader message popup

Steve

I have the problem that when a customer is not creating an account and order the email confirmation does not show shipping address.

I found some other guys that had same problem but no fix.

Is that beacuse customers who not creating accounts get an customer_id?

Thx

Hello,

I have upgraded to One Page Checkout V1.4 and have Paypal Website Payment Standard installed. Does anyone know how to make "Paypal Itemized Description (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6783)" module work with One Page Checkout?

Basically One Page Checkout doesn't pass the ordered item and quantity to Paypal. It shows store name instead of product name.

Seems like I need to copy the code for checkout_confirmation.php to checkout.php but I don't know where to paste at (not a programmer...)

Can anyone help please?

Thank you!!

Hello,

I have upgraded to One Page Checkout V1.4 and have Paypal Website Payment Standard installed. Does anyone know how to make "Paypal Itemized Description (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6783)" module work with One Page Checkout?

Basically One Page Checkout doesn't pass the ordered item and quantity to Paypal. It shows store name instead of product name.

Seems like I need to copy the code for checkout_confirmation.php to checkout.php but I don't know where to paste at (not a programmer...)

Can anyone help please?

Thank you!!

Hi

download a file compare software and compare the paypal that comes with one page checkout and the paypal mod from that contribution

Steve

I have the problem that when a customer is not creating an account and order the email confirmation does not show shipping address.

I found some other guys that had same problem but no fix.

Is that beacuse customers who not creating accounts get an customer_id?

Thx

Well i finally found an fix for this.

solution

Hi

admin>configuration>one page checkout try setting this to true

Make loader message popup

Steve

Hi Steve - thanks for helping out with this one (and all the help with the other queries too!) itwebexperts should pay you! :thumbsup:

I sorted this problem by making 'Telephone' not required.

So when the user steps off Post Code, the ajax starts in the bg as they put in their telephone number.

So by the time they get to the Payment Option selection, the Ajax has completed already, and hence when they click on the payment option, the system merely needs to display the payment option and not the rest of the stuff.

I noticed that is how it is setup on the demo site.

Seems to work well.

I've got another question! But I'll reply to the end of the thread.. maybe you can help as well? :)

Thanks!

Hi Steve - thanks for helping out with this one (and all the help with the other queries too!) itwebexperts should pay you! :thumbsup:

I sorted this problem by making 'Telephone' not required.

So when the user steps off Post Code, the ajax starts in the bg as they put in their telephone number.

So by the time they get to the Payment Option selection, the Ajax has completed already, and hence when they click on the payment option, the system merely needs to display the payment option and not the rest of the stuff.

I noticed that is how it is setup on the demo site.

Seems to work well.

I've got another question! But I'll reply to the end of the thread.. maybe you can help as well? :)

Thanks!

Hi

I will try what is the question

Steve

Hi Johan,

All i can say is try another browser i have not had that problem

Steve

confirm password does not match the password one page checkout error:

open onepage_checkout.php in includes/classes.

Find:

$sql_data_array = array(

'customers_firstname' => $onepage['billing']['firstname'],

'customers_lastname' => $onepage['billing']['lastname'],

'customers_email_address' => $onepage['customer']['email_address'],

'customers_telephone' => $onepage['customer']['telephone'],

'customers_fax' => $onepage['customer']['fax'],

'customers_newsletter' => $onepage['customer']['newsletter'],

'customers_password' => tep_encrypt_password($onepage['customer']['password'])

);

Replace with:

$sql_data_array = array(

'customers_status' => '1',

);

I also had to replace this in includes/application_top.php

// navigation history

if (tep_session_is_registered('navigation')) {

if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {

$broken_navigation = $navigation;

$navigation = new navigationHistory;

$navigation->unserialize($broken_navigation);

}

with:

// navigation history

if (tep_session_is_registered('navigation') && is_object($navigation)) {

if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {

}

confirm password does not match the password one page checkout error:

open onepage_checkout.php in includes/classes.

Find:

$sql_data_array = array(

);

Replace with:

$sql_data_array = array(

'customers_status' => '1',

);

I also had to replace this in includes/application_top.php

// navigation history

if (tep_session_is_registered('navigation')) {

if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {

}

with:

// navigation history

if (tep_session_is_registered('navigation') && is_object($navigation)) {

if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {

}

Well back to the drawing board, it worked four times and went back to not working.

I tried to unravel the spaghetti code of the Ajax interface which gives us this problem, but in the end I decided the best way to avoid the whole thing was to change the setting for "Require Login" in the Admin section at Admin->Configuration->OnePageCheckout.

If you navigate to that section in the admin console and set "Require Login" to "true", then what happens is the user is redirected to the login page prior to accessing the Onepage Checkout area. To my sensibilities, this is much better and much more intuitive. And it looks better, because the user never sees the unpopulated Onepage checkout page (which to me looks rather ugly.) So all the login and/or registration occurs before they ever get to that page, and the offending "Address Errors" popup never has a chance to pop up.

works for me :)

Hugh J. Hitchcock

What good would a one page checkout be for if a new customer has to create an account to use it?

Held Orders problem

Just tried to add the held orders contribution but for some really bizarre reason its taking the tax of the product.

All the products in the customers cart and in the held orders section are showing net instead of gross

any one seen this before - or know how to fix, using the latest versions of both contributions!

Hi guys,

I am trying to implement my Coupon functionality with OPC but I am struggling to understand how the subtotal and total is calculated.

Looking into the code I could see that the subtotal and the total are calculated using the following functions:

updateOrderTotals that then calls getOrderTotals

To me it looks like that when getOrderTotals calculates the values actually is summing (sustracting) the discount stored in some variable globally from the real cost of the good and that happen even if the discount is not valid.

In my case I would need to simply know how the calculation is done and then find the Discount global variable in order to set that to 0 if the coupon is invalid.

Can anyone point me out where in the code the calculation for order total and subtotal is done?Does anyone know which global variable holds the discount value?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

JK

By the way sorry if I am not fully clear.

Well back to the drawing board, it worked four times and went back to not working.

If you get the pop up when hitting the continue button on checkout that says password doesn't match it is easy to check. Hit the refresh page button and then you can checkout.

This will work. For some reason JS is not working.

In checkout.php, find:

if (updateTotals == true){

onePage.updateOrderTotals();

}

This is around line 453.

Add right after:

javascript:location.reload(true);

Hi guys,

I am trying to implement my Coupon functionality with OPC but I am struggling to understand how the subtotal and total is calculated.

Looking into the code I could see that the subtotal and the total are calculated using the following functions:

updateOrderTotals that then calls getOrderTotals

To me it looks like that when getOrderTotals calculates the values actually is summing (sustracting) the discount stored in some variable globally from the real cost of the good and that happen even if the discount is not valid.

In my case I would need to simply know how the calculation is done and then find the Discount global variable in order to set that to 0 if the coupon is invalid.

Can anyone point me out where in the code the calculation for order total and subtotal is done?Does anyone know which global variable holds the discount value?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

JK

By the way sorry if I am not fully clear.

Hi

try includes/classes/onepage_checkout.php

//BOF KGT
   if(MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_STATUS=='true')
   {
     //kgt - discount coupons
     if (tep_not_null($onepage['info']['coupon'])) {
     //this needs to be set before the order object is created, but we must process it after

$order->info['coupon'] = $onepage['info']['coupon'];
       if (!tep_session_is_registered('coupon')) tep_session_register('coupon');
       //$order->info['applied_discount'] = $onepage['info']['applied_discount'];
       //$order->info['subtotal'] = $onepage['info']['subtotal'];
     }
     //end kgt - discount coupons
   }
   //EOF KGT

Steve