• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

One Page Checkout Support

I'm ready to give this contrib a try, but similar to the last poster I don't have the paypal_standard.php file. I'm using paypal_ipn.php and it's working fine so I'd rather not switch to something else. Does anybody know if this contrib can work with PayPal IPN? If so, what changes are needed?

Just wondering what if you copied includes/checkout into your template folder see what happens then

I have tried alsorts, its an issue with the java somewhere, as if I take out parts of the code associated with it it gives me the non java standard checkout shipping pages.

worth a try let you know how it goes.

As for paypal ipn, try it and see you can always uninstall it if it doesn't work and theres not many changes needed with this mod at all, make back up files of the ones you are going to change so you can just swap it all back.

Make a backup of the database before installing that and it will take you about 20 minutes to install try it and unistall again back to how it was before.

Johnny

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

I saw one post that said this works with PayPal IPN, so I just ignored the change to the PayPal Standard file and did everything else.

The page loads as it should and has the correct cart details. A good start. But at the bottom of the page, instead of a "Continue" button I get an "Update" button. If I click that, I get the error mentioned early on in this thread:

Call to a member function pre_confirmation_check() on a non-object in /usr/www/users/tokyoguy/catalog/includes/classes/onepage_checkout.php on line 550

This line is the same as the previous poster:

$GLOBALS[$_SESSION['payment']]->pre_confirmation_check();

Some possible solutions were offered but I don't think there was definite answer as to what needs to be changed. Anybody?

Does something actually need to be changed in the paypal_ipn.php file?

Hi Johnny,

I would look at the includes/languages/english/checkout.php file and copy it to your german directory and edit one of the address fields and see if it updates. as thats the only place where I can see new address and edit address being defined.

i do it, but nothing change.

It´s correct, that "New Address" and "Edit Address" define in /languages/LANG/checkout.php (but not "Cancel)

The vars are TABLE_HEADING_NEW_ADDRESS and TABLE_HEADING_EDIT_ADDRESS; this vars are use in includes\checkout\new_address.php and includes\checkout\edit_address.php.

A translation to german non-effective to the buttoms. :(

I'm ready to give this contrib a try, but similar to the last poster I don't have the paypal_standard.php file. I'm using paypal_ipn.php and it's working fine so I'd rather not switch to something else. Does anybody know if this contrib can work with PayPal IPN? If so, what changes are needed?

I have the discount coupon codes and another paypal module that doesn't have the paypal_standard.php and everything worked fine.

vat.jpg

It seems i still have that VAT problem? Any idea? Why that is that way? Without that OPC contribution everything work great. Every where else VAT is included but checkout.php page show price without VAT

vat.jpg

It seems i still have that VAT problem? Any idea? Why that is that way? Without that OPC contribution everything work great. Every where else VAT is included but checkout.php page show price without VAT

Okay, if you have checked all your settings in admin including the default country is 222 in single page checkout and your products are correctly set up with tax zones etc.

Other than that I am at a loss.

Johnny

Actually I'm getting the same "Call to a member..." error if I click the "Update" button near the top of the page to update any changes to the cart section, too.

hold on, ths may seem strange, but try deleting the blank lines in the contribution files, and re upload your files.

Do this starting with the catalog/checkout.php file this may help.

Johnny

after install Onepage Checkout, I get this error when I pay for my product, that solution is?

1054 - Unknown column 'c.guest_account' in 'field list'

select c.guest_account, c.customers_firstname, c.customers_lastname, c.customers_telephone, c.customers_email_address, ab.entry_company, ab.entry_street_address, ab.entry_suburb, ab.entry_postcode, ab.entry_city, ab.entry_zone_id, z.zone_name, co.countries_id, co.countries_name, co.countries_iso_code_2, co.countries_iso_code_3, co.address_format_id, ab.entry_state from customers c, address_book ab left join zones z on (ab.entry_zone_id = z.zone_id) left join countries co on (ab.entry_country_id = co.countries_id) where c.customers_id = '0' and ab.customers_id = '0' and c.customers_default_address_id = ab.address_book_id

[TEP STOP]

please need help !!!!!

after install Onepage Checkout, I get this error when I pay for my product, that solution is?

1054 - Unknown column 'c.guest_account' in 'field list'

select c.guest_account, c.customers_firstname, c.customers_lastname, c.customers_telephone, c.customers_email_address, ab.entry_company, ab.entry_street_address, ab.entry_suburb, ab.entry_postcode, ab.entry_city, ab.entry_zone_id, z.zone_name, co.countries_id, co.countries_name, co.countries_iso_code_2, co.countries_iso_code_3, co.address_format_id, ab.entry_state from customers c, address_book ab left join zones z on (ab.entry_zone_id = z.zone_id) left join countries co on (ab.entry_country_id = co.countries_id) where c.customers_id = '0' and ab.customers_id = '0' and c.customers_default_address_id = ab.address_book_id

[TEP STOP]

please need help !!!!!

What contribution have you added that allows guests to checkout, cause guest_account is no where to be found in one page checkout files

Edited by steve_s

A new version of this contribution is on the way, we have already fixed the following issues:

#1: Taxes in pricing

#2: Added the defines for the address book window buttons

#3: removed the ability to remember the customers entered information for one page checkout

#4: done some cleanup in the source for the full js functions vs ones that require php

#5: fixed an issue with the password entry where it was being double encrypted resulting in not being able to log in

#6: fixed an issue where the charset's didn't match up, now the checkout file and it's ajax requests are UTF-8

Answers to problems:

#1: if you see an update button, then you do not have javascript enabled in your browser, this contribution is JS only right now but later will support non-js browsing

#2: if you're getting the error about a call to on a non-object, then see #1. if that's not the problem then make sure you have a payment method selected

#3: for the sts buttons, the JS in this contribution relies either on a class name or an id assigned to the button, make sure your buttons have the same attributes as the ones in the default setup.

#4: the paypal standard is there because it's in osc 2.2ms2, it's mainly there so that you can see that any payment module that sends an email within itself needs to have those changes made, otherwise you will end up with no address in the emails.

Thank you all for the feedback on this contribution, we're working to make it 100% usable but please understand that it can take time to get to fixing or adding anything to it when there's work on the board that must take priority.

Stephen

hold on, ths may seem strange, but try deleting the blank lines in the contribution files, and re upload your files.

Johnny

Thanks for the suggestion Johnny. I'll try it out later today when I get the time.

And thanks also to sw45859 for at least reassuring myself and I'm sure others that this contrib is still being worked on and improved. I'll check through your tips to see if any relate to my problem (javascript is definitely enabled on my browsers).

Johnny

The checkout.php file did have one blank line (after the final ?>) but removing it doesn't seem to have solved the problem. I'll need to look into the JS side of things a bit more. I seem to remember another mod installation (a couple of years ago) where I had to sort out an issue with the JS call. I think it related to STS, too.

I seem to be talking to myself here, but anyway...I just compared the page source HTML between the ITWeb version of the checkout page and mine. The first thing that jumps out at me is that the JS scripts are not in the header. As I suspected, this is linked to the fact that the site uses STS. At last I think I may be close to a solution.

Edited by tokyoguy

As a quick test, I created an STS template file and saved that as checkout.php.html. I needed to fiddle with what JS/CSS info to include in the template file but...

Whoo Hoo! :D

I just got it to work. I placed an order and it came through PayPal no problem. All emails were sent out as usual. I'll need to test it a bit more but that was a successful order on a live store!

Thanks to all who offered advice.

There is still one problem remaining and that's the "Change Address" buttons. They don't do anything. I need to check what sw45859 said about that.

And one gripe - the states dropdown menu give the 2/3-letter abbreviated form of each state/county/prefecture name. These are familiar for US customers but not so for customers in, say, the UK or here in Japan. I understand the space constraint with this layout, so there are two choices I can see - change the layout to allow for a wider dropdown menu; or include a small icon that links to a list of the relevant abbreviations. The latter is likely to be a lot more troublesome.

A new version of this contribution is on the way, we have already fixed the following issues:

#1: Taxes in pricing

#2: Added the defines for the address book window buttons

#3: removed the ability to remember the customers entered information for one page checkout

#4: done some cleanup in the source for the full js functions vs ones that require php

#5: fixed an issue with the password entry where it was being double encrypted resulting in not being able to log in

#6: fixed an issue where the charset's didn't match up, now the checkout file and it's ajax requests are UTF-8

Answers to problems:

#1: if you see an update button, then you do not have javascript enabled in your browser, this contribution is JS only right now but later will support non-js browsing

#2: if you're getting the error about a call to on a non-object, then see #1. if that's not the problem then make sure you have a payment method selected

#3: for the sts buttons, the JS in this contribution relies either on a class name or an id assigned to the button, make sure your buttons have the same attributes as the ones in the default setup.

#4: the paypal standard is there because it's in osc 2.2ms2, it's mainly there so that you can see that any payment module that sends an email within itself needs to have those changes made, otherwise you will end up with no address in the emails.

Thank you all for the feedback on this contribution, we're working to make it 100% usable but please understand that it can take time to get to fixing or adding anything to it when there's work on the board that must take priority.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

It is a fantastic contribution, wrt to the sts, I havent actually changed the files in the curremt version I am running (I have tried a checkout.php.html and can get it to the same standing as not having the file at all and up and running in sts mode), they are running in my sts store without modification, everything but the change address appears to be working in a useable state.

I have spent days working on the buttons and got nowhere mainly due to my lack of understanding I guess, I have played with the code and only got the site to use the default change shipping address OPTIONS.

Enlightement on what it is that is actually needed for the sts would prove a big winner.

Thanks

Johnny

Dont know about anyone else but found 1.04 worse so far, still evaluating.

In earlier version you got the site to call up the relvant language file so the correct currency dispalyed, in 1.04 I got boxes for every section where a currency symbol was displayed.

I can get it back by removing the two lines that define the character set and call it and replace with the language file call.

How is everyone else getting on with the latest version?

Alas I am struggling with 1.04 completley.

No Java.

Errors when amending anything in the products section error Fatal error: Call to a member function pre_confirmation_check() on a non-object in /home/simplydr/public_html/w4/includes/classes/onepage_checkout.php on line 611

Johnny

I guess I won't be upgrading to 1.04 then :mellow: You probably already know this Johnny, but that error is caused when the relevant JS is not loading on your checkout page. The css/javascript is called from with the catalog/checkout.php file itself, but this one doesn't seem to be, so I included it in my STS template:

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="includes/checkout/checkout.js"></script>

Still with 1.03, I've been doing little tweaks. One of which is to make the telephone number a required field and add it to the shipping address form, too. A telephone number is a pretty standard requirement for any international shipping company and I'm surprised it's left out by default. I've yet to look at how to fix the "Change Address" buttons, though I think it's one of the fixes in 1.04. As the new version seems to have created new problems, I'll see if I can find the specific changes related to this issue. If itwebexperts could point me to a file/line number, that'd be a big help. :D

I also have to figure out what configuration settings will work best - requiring login and creating an account by default. Something's not quite right because I've had one customer create an order that wasn't completed on PayPal. No account was created for that customer.

Edited by tokyoguy

I guess I won't be upgrading to 1.04 then :mellow: You probably already know this Johnny, but that error is caused when the relevant JS is not loading on your checkout page. The css/javascript is called from with the catalog/checkout.php file itself, but this one doesn't seem to be, so I included it in my STS template:

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="includes/checkout/checkout.js"></script>

Still with 1.03, I've been doing little tweaks. One of which is to make the telephone number a required field and add it to the shipping address form, too. A telephone number is a pretty standard requirement for any international shipping company and I'm surprised it's left out by default. I've yet to look at how to fix the "Change Address" buttons, though I think it's one of the fixes in 1.04. As the new version seems to have created new problems, I'll see if I can find the specific changes related to this issue. If itwebexperts could point me to a file/line number, that'd be a big help. :D

I also have to figure out what configuration settings will work best - requiring login and creating an account by default. Something's not quite right because I've had one customer create an order that wasn't completed on PayPal. No account was created for that customer.

This oh so perculiar I have seen 1.04 working elsewhere, so maybe I have installed the module wrong or another module is interfering somewhere. I dont really no. what I can say is version 1.03 works fine for me with my setup except the change address buttons.

Johnny

Well 1.04 version got to work in firefox but not IE.

still cant get the change address buttons to work.

If you are having trouble getting 1.04 to work you can change the char set in the english.php or equivalent to use utf-8 instead of the other, for the £ sign you may need to change the character to it is equivalent value in utf-8.

crazy crazy world.

Johnny