• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Upgrading osC from 2.2 MS2 to 2.2 RC2a

OK, so the errors I have will not be fixed with upgrading to RC2a, but it will with RC3 when the final version is released? Or would it be the same if I instead install the RC3 Alpha version now? Would be nice not to have to wait several weeks before I do anything to fix this :-) Or do some of you know how to fix the code in my exisiting files so that the errors caused by PHP 5.3 disappears in the meantime?

Seems to be several Functions errors, like this one f.eks.:

Deprecated: Function session_is_registered() is deprecated in /customers/kjolebutikken.com/kjolebutikken.com/httpd.www/oscdemo1/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 111

Deprecated: Function session_register() is deprecated in /customers/kjolebutikken.com/kjolebutikken.com/httpd.www/oscdemo1/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 104

or:

Deprecated: Function session_is_registered() is deprecated in /customers/kjolebutikken.com/kjolebutikken.com/httpd.www/oscdemo1/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 111

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /customers/kjolebutikken.com/kjolebutikken.com/httpd.www/oscdemo1/includes/classes/url_rewrite.php on line 15

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Or do some of you know how to fix the code in my exisiting files so that the errors caused by PHP 5.3 disappears in the meantime?

Seems to be several Functions errors, like this one f.eks.:

As I said, change two lines in each application_top.php. See e.g. this post.

Thank you so much, this worked fine, except for on one page (root/catalog_products_with_images_full.php), where I still get this message:

I also gei this mesage all over the place:

Warning: number_format() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /customers/kjolebutikken.com/kjolebutikken.com/httpd.www/oscdemo1/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 42

Is these also related to the php5.3?

Thank you so much for your help :-)

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Managed to fix the deprected error mentioned above :-)))

But still has this error:

Warning: number_format() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /customers/kjolebutikken.com/kjolebutikken.com/httpd.www/oscdemo1/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 42

Edited by kjolebutikken

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Managed to fix the deprected error mentioned above :-)))

But still has this error:

I remember that one now that I see you are from Norway. In Norway there are no decimals in the price and instead of using a zero as number of decimals for the currency you simply entered nothing. That is not what the osC developers expected you to do.

Ok :-)

So do I have to change something to this code which is on the line the error refers to (42) in includes/classes/currencies.php?:

$format_string = $this->currencies[$currency_type]['symbol_left'] . number_format(tep_round($number * $rate, $this->currencies[$currency_type]['decimal_places']), $this->currencies[$currency_type]['decimal_places'], $this->currencies[$currency_type]['decimal_point'], $this->currencies[$currency_type]['thousands_point']) . $this->currencies[$currency_type]['symbol_right'];

Sorry for bothering you. Thanks :-)

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

So do I have to change something to this code which is on the line the error refers to (42) in includes/classes/currencies.php?:

No, you have to go your admin/currencies.php and then for the Norway Kroner you have to edit the setting and enter a zero in the input field for Decimal Places that is now blank.

I tried to put in a 0 but this did not work. Guess I did'nt find the right code to change in the file. What does the code look like?

Who said anything about changing code? You don't remember how to change your currency? I told you: either go straight to admin/currencies.php or click though: admin->Localization->Currencies. There you see Norway Kroner, click the blue i with a circle around it, click on Edit, go to the input field for Decimal Places and fill in a zero.

Who said anything about changing code? You don't remember how to change your currency? I told you: either go straight to admin/currencies.php or click though: admin->Localization->Currencies. There you see Norway Kroner, click the blue i with a circle around it, click on Edit, go to the input field for Decimal Places and fill in a zero.

Sorry for misunderstanding you :-) I thought you meant in the file. I managed to get it right now :-) Thank you so much and sorry for being so slow :-) 4 years since I worked with this, so I guess it takes some time to get back at it :-)

Thanks!

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Have just finished upgrading from 2.2MS2 to 2.2RC2a.

In addition I have changed webhost and name of domene for my store.

Both my store and my admin is totally blank, just a white screen, no error message.

Have tried for several days now, buth no luck in figuring this one out.

Right after changing host, I uploaded all old storefiles to my new webhotel and it worked, both catalog and admin showed on the internet.

Then I upgraded from MS2 to RC2a -> both store and admin totally blank

Then I went through all files to change all path directions to new pathdirections and also change the storename and domenename.

In my old store the path was like this: www.mydomain.com/catalog........ (right at the root)

In my new store the path has one extra folder: www.mydomain2.no/public_html/catalog......

I did not think that /public_html should be in the pathdirections in any other files than the configure files, but maybe I'm wrong?

Also I use an old sts free template. I have been told that I must upgrade this. I will start this work now, but could this be the reason that my store and admin now both are blank?

Any idea in which files I can start to look for the cause?

And what code?

Please help anyone :-)

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Only thing I can find in my error log id this:

This is absolutely not a file that is standard in osC but perhaps you still have the file on your old host? If not, just make a very simple 404 error page and rename it to 404.shtml and put it there? What do you have to loose?

This is absolutely not a file that is standard in osC but perhaps you still have the file on your old host? If not, just make a very simple 404 error page and rename it to 404.shtml and put it there? What do you have to loose?

Thanks, error disappeared from error log now. Have created new file.

Only error in errorlog now is:

File does not exist: /home/kjolegal/public_html/robots.txt

I searched on my ftp at old host to see if I had a file called this there, but it was not there, so can this one also be just created? And what if so should it contain?

Also, do you have any clues for this problem here? Anything to try out would be helpful :-)) Thanks:

Hi,

Have just finished upgrading from 2.2MS2 to 2.2RC2a.

In addition I have changed webhost and name of domene for my store.

Both my store and my admin is totally blank, just a white screen, no error message.

Have tried for several days now, buth no luck in figuring this one out.

Right after changing host, I uploaded all old storefiles to my new webhotel and it worked, both catalog and admin showed on the internet.

Then I upgraded from MS2 to RC2a -> both store and admin totally blank

Then I went through all files to change all path directions to new pathdirections and also change the storename and domenename.

In my old store the path was like this: www.mydomain.com/catalog........ (right at the root)

In my new store the path has one extra folder: www.mydomain2.no/public_html/catalog......

I did not think that /public_html should be in the pathdirections in any other files than the configure files, but maybe I'm wrong?

Also I use an old sts free template. I have been told that I must upgrade this. I will start this work now, but could this be the reason that my store and admin now both are blank?

Any idea in which files I can start to look for the cause?

And what code?

Please help anyone :-)

Edited by kjolebutikken

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Thanks, error disappeared from error log now. Have created new file.

Only error in errorlog now is:

I searched on my ftp at old host to see if I had a file called this there, but it was not there, so can this one also be just created? And what if so should it contain?

See for example Wikipedia. This error cannot be responsible for blank pages though.

Also, do you have any clues for this problem here?

Blank pages and no entries in the error log? Very strange and it makes it impossible to say something about a solution.

See for example Wikipedia. This error cannot be responsible for blank pages though.

Blank pages and no entries in the error log? Very strange and it makes it impossible to say something about a solution.

OK, i will try to look closer to some of the files that were changed in the upgrade. The only thing I can think of is if I have done anything wrong here, because there was a few files where I could not find the code to be changed or it was heavily modded so I tried to change it without taking away anything from the mods. This regards these files:

admin/categories.php

admin/includes/functions/html_output.php

catalog/shopping_cart.php

catalog/checkout_process.php

admin/includes/general.js

admin/includes/.htaccess (did not do the changes as it referred to apache server and my site is hosted on linux).

Could any erroes in code in these files result in blank pages you think?

Also wonder if the reason is that I have not yet installed the new version of sts yet. I was unsure if I should try this now or wait until the problem with blank pages is fixed. But if it might be the reason...?

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Could any erroes in code in these files result in blank pages you think?

There is no point in a guessing game here. Obviously you don't want us to tell the location of the website but if I put two and two together my guess is that your new site is at www. kjolebutikken. no . If I type in that url with /catalog/index.php added to it I'm told that that page doesn't exist.... So what are we talking about here?

There is no point in a guessing game here. Obviously you don't want us to tell the location of the website but if I put two and two together my guess is that your new site is at www. kjolebutikken. no . If I type in that url with /catalog/index.php added to it I'm told that that page doesn't exist.... So what are we talking about here?

No problem telling you the link to my site :-)All that can help me fixing this is most welcome :-)

It's www.kjolegalleriet.no/butikk/index.php (my old domain was kjolebutikken.com)

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

No problem telling you the link to my site :-)All that can help me fixing this is most welcome :-)

It's www.kjolegalleriet.no/butikk/index.php (my old domain was kjolebutikken.com)

Pretty weird. The webserver returns a 200 message (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_status_codes: Standard response for successful HTTP requests.) but even if I ask for a page I'm certain will not be there the webserver returns a 200 code:

butikk/nonsense.php

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 20:51:08 GMT
< Server: Apache
< X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.13
< Content-Length: 0
< Content-Type: text/html

I would aks the hosting provider about this because this is something you can't solve yourself.

Pretty weird. The webserver returns a 200 message (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_status_codes: Standard response for successful HTTP requests.) but even if I ask for a page I'm certain will not be there the webserver returns a 200 code:

butikk/nonsense.php

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK

I would aks the hosting provider about this because this is something you can't solve yourself.

Hmmm, I will ask them about this. Thanks :-)

But the strange thing is that it worked before the upgrading, both butikk/index.php and butikk/admin/index.php loaded then, so I instantly thought that I had done anything wrong during the update??

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

But the strange thing is that it worked before the upgrading, both butikk/index.php and butikk/admin/index.php loaded then, so I instantly thought that I had done anything wrong during the update??

I can understand you come to that conclusion but it could be a coincidence. I can't fathom why the webserver would return a 200 message when you ask for a page that doesn't exist.

I can understand you come to that conclusion but it could be a coincidence. I can't fathom why the webserver would return a 200 message when you ask for a page that doesn't exist.

Yes, that is really strange. I will ask the webhost and hope they can give me a good answer for that :-)

I have also put the question in the sts template thread. Maybe I can get some answers there too :-)

In the meantime I think I will just start upgrading to the latest sts version and see if somethings might change.

Thank you so much for all help!

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

butikk/nonsense.php

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Hi again,

Not much help from host. This is their answer to me :

Your admin page requires authentication.

As for your main page, please check if you have made any corrections to the application. We apologize but this does not appear as a server issue, it looks like something in your settings needs to be changed.

Please check your app.

Thank you.

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Not much help from host. This is their answer to me :

Looks to me they have no experience with osCommerce installations. What on earth should be changed in the settings to have the webserver return the contents of a page instead of just a 200 message with no content. I wouldn't know.

Yesterday evening I suddenly got your 404 page for osC pages but this morning it was back to 200 messages only.

I would double check to see if the webserver has enough permissions to "execute" the PHP pages in your butikk folder but apart from that I have no further suggestions on this problem.

Looks to me they have no experience with osCommerce installations. What on earth should be changed in the settings to have the webserver return the contents of a page instead of just a 200 message with no content. I wouldn't know.

Yesterday evening I suddenly got your 404 page for osC pages but this morning it was back to 200 messages only.

I would double check to see if the webserver has enough permissions to "execute" the PHP pages in your butikk folder but apart from that I have no further suggestions on this problem.

Hi again,

It's strange, they are weell suited for ecommerce they say, and oscommerce is mentioned in their site for ecommerce solutions.

This is what I gor from them today:

Hello. Please check your .htaccess file, there is a forced returning code.

They did not specify which one, so I checked all, but unsure what code to look for.

Doesn't seem to be anything in the catalog/admin/.htaccess

In catalog/.htaccess I have:

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
 <IfDefine SSL>
   SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
            nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
            downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
 </IfDefine>
</IfModule>

and

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php
</IfModule>

Seems like maybe the first one is the forced return code??? Have no clue about this. Do you?

Edited by kjolebutikken

Best regards

Kjolebutikken