• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Upgrading osC from 2.2 MS2 to 2.2 RC2a

Sorry if this is simple, we just do not want to make errors on this upgrade.

I have gone through the document "Upgrading osC from 2.2 MS2 to 2.2 RC2a" readme and upgrade files.

We have installed diffMerge and are ready to make the changes as noted.

However we have never installed any contributions that I know of. So would we just replace the MS2 files with the RC2a files?

Or do we edit all our existing files?

If so does the data base need any changes to work with 2.2 RC2a, we have made no changes to that other than adding products in the admin area of osCommerse?

We are running PHP 4.4.4 so do not have a problem with MS2, but would like to upgrade before we add a contribution (we were going to add coupons) When this upgrade is done we would upgrade to PHP 5.2.6

Thank you in advance for your valuable time.

Steve

However we have never installed any contributions that I know of. So would we just replace the MS2 files with the RC2a files?

If after comparing each of your own files with the ones in the directory/folder catalog_22_ms2 confirms nothing was changed it would be best to just replace the files with those in catalog_22rc2a (minimum amount of work, no change of errors).

If so does the data base need any changes to work with 2.2 RC2a, we have made no changes to that other than adding products in the admin area of osCommerse?

After the list of 87 files there are changes to the database mentioned under the heading SQL changes from RC1 and RC2a combined. The biggest chunk of it is adding indexes to a number of tables, enlarging a couple of database fields but there are a few that have to do with changes for order statuses and for external payment providers like Paypal. If you use the new files you will also need to add the database changes otherwise you get errors (the other way around you would get errors too).

We are running PHP 4.4.4 so do not have a problem with MS2, but would like to upgrade before we add a contribution (we were going to add coupons) When this upgrade is done we would upgrade to PHP 5.2.6

A lot of small improvements and security fixes went into the updates also. Updating would be wise anyway (and vital if you went to MySQL5 or your hosting environments doesn't allow "register_globals = on" anymore.

I noticed that the ot_fixed_payment_chg.php file I have been using is different, so just to be sure I downloaded the contrib again and first followed the instructions. Installed ok, but not displayed on checkout_confirmation.

Once I complete your steps (especially the proposed change in ot_fixed_payment_chg.php) I get error in admin:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/id03648/domains/wuite.net/public_html/includes/modules/order_total/ot_fixed_payment_chg.php on line 164

in the order total overview page.

You probably fixed this by now but I notice both the function calculate credit and get_payment_cost are missing two closing curly braces ( } ).

If after comparing each of your own files with the ones in the directory/folder catalog_22_ms2 confirms nothing was changed it would be best to just replace the files with those in catalog_22rc2a (minimum amount of work, no change of errors).

That is what I thought but I wanted to be sure, I only found one small change so far, and do not know why it is there, I will go through them all and make sure they are the same. and if so upload the rc2a files AFTER... edits to the database.

After the list of 87 files there are changes to the database mentioned under the heading

I am sorry, in the "list_of_files.html" (file) I find no database edits, only php files to edit.

I also found no database edits in the "Upgrade.html" file. :unsure:

I did find the following two database edits noted in the main RC2a zip file, upgrade-22rc1.html (downloaded from the main page)

Database Changes to Perform:

alter table configuration modify configuration_title varchar(255) NOT NULL;

alter table configuration modify configuration_key varchar(255) NOT NULL;

Database Changes to Perform:

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Product Quantities In Shopping Cart', 'MAX_QTY_IN_CART', '99', 'Maximum number of product quantities that can be added to the shopping cart (0 for no limit)', '3', '19', now());

Am I looking in the wrong place for these database changes?

I am not a database expert but can use phpMyAdmin with guidance.

Thank you for your very fast help on this I appreciate it very much.

Steve

I also found no database edits in the "Upgrade.html" file.

They are there, right after the big table with the list of files.

I did find the following two database edits noted in the main RC2a zip file, upgrade-22rc1.html (downloaded from the main page)

There are also database edits in RC1. The upgrade.html combines them.

I found them under the big bold "SQL changes from RC1 and RC2a combined" title under the table and above the php edits. :blush:

I am off to change them, just one more question, if I do the database edits first, will MS2 continue to run, till I upload the RC2a files. Sorry if this brings a laugh, this is not something I work with everyday.

Thanks again for the assistance, I could not have done this without the help.

Steve

if I do the database edits first, will MS2 continue to run, till I upload the RC2a files.

Yes, I would think so. Just in case I'm wrong I wouldn't wait too long with updating the files :)

You probably fixed this by now but I notice both the function calculate credit and get_payment_cost are missing two closing curly braces ( } ).

Hi Jan,

yes I found the two missing curly braces. I even added the entry to the db (order_total_installed) but still doesn't work.

However, it seems that this version is really different from the file I have in my Live shop. Because in my Live shop the entry only appears if particular payment module is selected (currently the line is displayed on checkout page for every payment method which is wrong) and also I'm able to put a fixed amount instead of a percentage while now I can only enter percentage. The configuration variables in admin are different as well. So for some reason I've got a different ot_fixed_payment_chg.php despite that the file names is called the same (also header).

I think I have to compare the files or find the REAL contrib that covers my module that I have in my Live shop.

Thanks for you help. I'll let you know once I've got it working or if I get stuck there as well.

Will come back to you. Give me a few days.

hello, I tried to update from ms2.2 to 2.2rc2a last night.

My catalog has a custom template so when i swapped out the with the new rc2a files, I had layout issues and errors in the template.

I am now reverting to manually adding the rc2a updates.

I have began to edit catalog/index.php

the lines

echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');

echo '</form></td>' . "\n";

are completely absent from my template. Am i able to add

echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');

echo tep_hide_session_id() . '</form></td>' . "\n";

to the file even though the custom template had left the original lines out

Am i able to add

echo tep_hide_session_id() . '</form></td>' . "\n";

to the file even though the custom template had left the original lines out

I would expect that that would break things and would not add pull downs where they aren't already. You absolutely should not add a </form> if it is not there already. You may have to do something similar to compensate. In particular, you should make sure that all forms have the session ID somewhere. If you find a </form>, you may need to add the session ID if is a GET form. In the POST forms, I think that the session ID would already be provided by the action URL.

Always back up before making changes.

Hi Jan,

yes I found the two missing curly braces. I even added the entry to the db (order_total_installed) but still doesn't work.

However, it seems that this version is really different from the file I have in my Live shop. Because in my Live shop the entry only appears if particular payment module is selected (currently the line is displayed on checkout page for every payment method which is wrong) and also I'm able to put a fixed amount instead of a percentage while now I can only enter percentage. The configuration variables in admin are different as well. So for some reason I've got a different ot_fixed_payment_chg.php despite that the file names is called the same (also header).

I think I have to compare the files or find the REAL contrib that covers my module that I have in my Live shop.

Thanks for you help. I'll let you know once I've got it working or if I get stuck there as well.

Will come back to you. Give me a few days.

I've tried to compare but it seems the original file of this contrib and the file I've got in my Live shop differs a lot. I have no clue what to change because the two functions you mentioned earlier to modify are different or doesn't exist in my file used in Live shop.

I've checked many other contribs but none of them are suitable or do not work either. Guess I have to stick with the ot_fixed_payment_chg.php file I have in my live shop.

I would therefore very much appreciate if you could have another look at this file (below) and come up with any suggestions. Hope you can simulate this in your test environment to see what code is not good for 2.2 RC2a.

<?php
/*
 $Id: ot_fixed_payment_chg.php,v 1.6 2006/04/12 13:47:12 wilt Exp $

-----
 Update by Carsten Thinius, [email protected]
 Description:
 - new configuration field with opportunity to set the fee-description
in dependence of chosen payment method
(shown in checkout_confirmation.php and Admin/Orders/Details)
 - bugfix: tax is now calculated & displayed correctly in
		checkout_confirmation.php and Admin/Orders/Details
 -----

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

class ot_fixed_payment_chg {
var $title, $output;

function ot_fixed_payment_chg() {
  global $payment;

$this->code = 'ot_fixed_payment_chg';
  $this->title = MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TITLE;
  $this->description = MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_DESCRIPTION;
  // bol ct: dynamic title/description of fee
  if (isset($payment)) {
	$table = split("[:,]" , MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TYPE_DESCRIPTION);
	for ($i = 0; $i < count($table); $i+=2) {
	  if ($payment == $table[$i]) {
		$this->title = $table[$i+1];
		$this->description = $table[$i+1];
	  }
	}
  }
  // eol ct: dynamic title/description of fee
  $this->enabled = MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_STATUS;
  $this->sort_order = MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_SORT_ORDER;
  $this->type = MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TYPE;
  $this->tax_class = MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TAX_CLASS;
  $this->output = array();
}

function process() {
  global $order, $ot_subtotal, $currencies;

$od_amount = $this->calculate_charge($this->get_order_total());
  if ($od_amount != 0) {
	$this->deduction = $od_amount;
	$this->output[] = array('title' => $this->title . ':',
							'text' => $currencies->format($od_amount),
							'value' => $od_amount);
	  $order->info['total'] = $order->info['total'] + $od_amount;
	if ($this->sort_order < $ot_subtotal->sort_order) {
	  $order->info['subtotal'] = $order->info['subtotal'] - $od_amount;
	}
  }
}

function calculate_charge($amount) {
  global $order, $customer_id, $payment;
  $od_amount=0;
  $table = split("[:,]" , MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TYPE);
  for ($i = 0; $i < count($table); $i+=3) {
	if ($payment == $table[$i]) {
	  $od_am_fixed=$table[$i+1];
	  $od_am_percentage=$table[$i+2];

// use either a fixed amount or percentage of total incl. shipping
	  if (substr($od_am_percentage,0,1) == '%') {
		$od_am_percentage=substr($od_am_percentage, 1);
		$od_am_percentage=round($amount/100*$od_am_percentage,2); // choose the decimal position for rounding
		$table[$i+2]=$od_am_percentage;
	  }

if (MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TAX_CLASS > 0) {
		$tod_rate = tep_get_tax_rate(MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TAX_CLASS);
		$tod_description = tep_get_tax_description(MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TAX_CLASS, $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);
		$tod_amount =  tep_calculate_tax($od_am_fixed + $od_am_percentage, $tod_rate);
		$order->info['tax'] += $tod_amount;
		$order->info['tax_groups'][$tod_description] += tep_calculate_tax($table[$i+1] + $table[$i+2], $tod_rate);
	  }

if (DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX) { 
		$od_amount = $od_am_fixed + $od_am_percentage + $tod_amount;
	  } else {	   
		$od_amount = $od_am_fixed + $od_am_percentage;
		$order->info['total'] += $tod_amount;
	  }
	}
  }
  return $od_amount;
}

function get_order_total() {
  global  $order, $cart;
  $order_total = $order->info['total'];
  // Check if gift voucher is in cart and adjust total
  $products = $cart->get_products();
  for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($products); $i++) {
	$t_prid = tep_get_prid($products[$i]['id']);
	$gv_query = tep_db_query("select products_price, products_tax_class_id, products_model from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . $t_prid . "'");
	$gv_result = tep_db_fetch_array($gv_query);
	if (ereg('^GIFT', addslashes($gv_result['products_model']))) { 
	  $qty = $cart->get_quantity($t_prid);
	  $products_tax = tep_get_tax_rate($gv_result['products_tax_class_id']);
	  if ($this->include_tax =='false') {
		$gv_amount = $gv_result['products_price'] * $qty;
	  } else {
		$gv_amount = ($gv_result['products_price'] + tep_calculate_tax($gv_result['products_price'],$products_tax)) * $qty;
	  }
	  $order_total=$order_total - $gv_amount;
	}
  }
  if ($this->include_tax == 'false') $order_total=$order_total-$order->info['tax'];
  if ($this->include_shipping == 'false') $order_total=$order_total-$order->info['shipping_cost'];
  return $order_total;
}

function check() {
  if (!isset($this->check)) {
	$check_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_STATUS'");
	$this->check = tep_db_num_rows($check_query);
  }

return $this->check;
}

function keys() {
  return array('MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_STATUS', 'MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_SORT_ORDER', 'MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TYPE', 'MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TYPE_DESCRIPTION', 'MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TAX_CLASS');
}

function install() {
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Toon betaalmethode toeslag', 'MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_STATUS', 'true', 'Wilt u de betaalmethode toeslag laten zien?', '6', '1','tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now())");
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sorteervolgorde', 'MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_SORT_ORDER', '10', 'Sorteervolgorde', '6', '2', now())");
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Kortingspercentage', 'MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_AMOUNT', '2', 'Kortingsbedrag', '6', '7', now())");
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Betaalmethode', 'MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TYPE', 'moneyorder:5:%0,cod:50:%10', 'Betaalmethoden waar u een toeslag over wilt heffen', '6', '2', now())");
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Betaalmethode toeslag beschrijving', 'MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TYPE_DESCRIPTION', 'moneyorder:Overboeking Transactiekosten,cod:Rembours Transactiekosten', 'Beschrijving voor elke betalingsmethode', '6', '3', now())");
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Belasting', 'MODULE_FIXED_PAYMENT_CHG_TAX_CLASS', '0', 'Hef de volgende belasting klasse over de betaalmethode toeslag', '6', '6', 'tep_get_tax_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_tax_classes(', now())");
}

function remove() {
  $keys = '';
  $keys_array = $this->keys();
  for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($keys_array); $i++) {
	$keys .= "'" . $keys_array[$i] . "',";
  }
  $keys = substr($keys, 0, -1);

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key in (" . $keys . ")");
}
 }
?>

Just to clarify that this file works without problems in oscommerce 2.2 and allows me based on payment method to add fixed fee (and/or % which I'm not using) to the order total page. In RC2a the fee is doubled (refer to my original posting).

many thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
I would expect that that would break things and would not add pull downs where they aren't already. You absolutely should not add a </form> if it is not there already. You may have to do something similar to compensate. In particular, you should make sure that all forms have the session ID somewhere. If you find a </form>, you may need to add the session ID if is a GET form. In the POST forms, I think that the session ID would already be provided by the action URL.

Ok, so after all GET forms I need to add the session ID. Im assuming i add tep_hide_session_id() . just after the echo tag and just before the </form>

any help is much appreciated...

Just to let you know that I managed to fix the issue.

I went through the process of comparing my RC2a files (checkout_payment, confirmation, process and success) with the official RC2a download package.

I could not really find big differences except for a custom payment module that I have implemented some years ago. I got the feeling that this must cause the difference between working well in other environments except mine. So, I deleted everything and put back original code and now it works !!!!

I have also found a more recent contrib for that payment module so now everything works!

So nothing wrong with the upgrade or ot_fixed_payment_chg.php, it was just a custom payment module which got outdated with this RC2a release.

:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Just got finished editing the files to upgrade and ran the sql changes.

I get the following error:

Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE banners ADD INDEX idx_banners_group( banners_group ) ;

MySQL said: Documentation

#1061 - Duplicate key name 'idx_banners_group'

In fact, after commenting the line out, it rejects the next one, etc. The following lines get the same error:

alter table banners add index idx_banners_group (banners_group);

alter table banners_history add index idx_banners_history_banners_id (banners_id);

alter table currencies add index idx_currencies_code (code);

alter table customers_basket add index idx_customers_basket_customers_id (customers_id);

alter table customers_basket_attributes add index idx_customers_basket_att_customers_id (customers_id);

I quit trying after commenting these lines out with no success.

I am running 2.2ms2-060817, mysql 4.1, and php 4.3.11 on godaddy servers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for your big and good work.

I have a question: I have a 2.2 ms version installed but updated to RC1.

This contribution you made can't be used by me, isn't it?

Its posible to make a contribution to update from "2.2 upgrade RC1" to "RC2"?

Waiting your answer.

Kind regards!!!

Thank you Jan for your answer.

Do you think, this will make faster the sql work? I've change my php4 server to php5 and now the search work is so slow than php4 server.

RC2 changes can make this faster?

Thank you again for your big work.

Kind regards.

Cesar

I found it

• 2 weeks later...

I have updated my shop on my local server (to test before the online one) to RC2a by updating the database and replacing the necessary files with the new ones (no mods as far as I can remember!).

Now I get 2 errors (maybe more if the app let me get further):

Going to 'account.php', I get: "1054 - Unknown column 's.public_flag' in 'where clause'", and going to 'checkout_success.php', I get: "1054 - Unknown column 'os.downloads_flag' in 'where clause'".

Yet I have checked the database and the sql upgrade has inserted the public_flag and downloads_flag columns correctly.

Any suggestions most welcome.

PS on this local server I have not upgraded the Admin section yet, but I wouldn't have thought that would interfere with the shop side, would it?

• 1 month later...

I using OSC MS2 with template #9005 (in templatemonstor).

After Upgrade to RC2a then lost template in front.

How to upgrade to RC2a then not lose my template?

Be very careful. Some files of the template will be custom coded. You will have to adapt the upgrading to that. Sorry, no silver bullet.

Hi Jan,

This is probably a silly or difficult question to answer, but here I go anyway. tongue.gif

I have version MS2 2.2 and I made all updates as they became available in the forum and contributions.

My site also contains quite a few modifications from contributions along with some personal hacks.

My site is functioning fine with MySQL 5 & PHP 5, Register Globals - off.

I was told awhile ago that some contributions might not function switiching to RC2.

Should I download and do a file compare just to be on the safe side?

Thoughts and ideas?

blush.gif

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

I have version MS2 2.2 and I made all updates as they became available in the forum and contributions.

My site also contains quite a few modifications from contributions along with some personal hacks.

My site is functioning fine with MySQL 5 & PHP 5, Register Globals - off.

I was told awhile ago that some contributions might not function switiching to RC2.

Should I download and do a file compare just to be on the safe side?

Undoubtedly you by now already added some of the things that were in that update or fixed them in another way (like the register globals issue). In your case I would go over it issue by issue. The thing is that the update document is on a file by file basis but at least you get an overview. The included upgrade documens (see extras) are on a per issue basis but hard to copy and paste.

Without a doubt there are certain security updates in RC2a that you missed so far.

I don't think you will have many problems with contributions but you run a risk of errors that you can't explain because the contribution uses RC2a files (like in the admin with the added tep_hide_session_id function that used to be only on the catalog side).

Without a doubt there are certain security updates in RC2a that you missed so far.

Thank you Jan.

I'll have a look... wink.gif

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

• 3 months later...

maybe the columns is there but is the index keys there,

i went through the .sgl file, matched them and added

some index-keys and two columns,

furthermore changed a lot of depreved functions eregi, ereg, split

and now it seems to work okey...

//

I have updated my shop on my local server (to test before the online one) to RC2a by updating the database and replacing the necessary files with the new ones (no mods as far as I can remember!).

Now I get 2 errors (maybe more if the app let me get further):

Going to 'account.php', I get: "1054 - Unknown column 's.public_flag' in 'where clause'", and going to 'checkout_success.php', I get: "1054 - Unknown column 'os.downloads_flag' in 'where clause'".

Yet I have checked the database and the sql upgrade has inserted the public_flag and downloads_flag columns correctly.

Any suggestions most welcome.

PS on this local server I have not upgraded the Admin section yet, but I wouldn't have thought that would interfere with the shop side, would it?

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm also in need for updating my store from 2.2 MS2 since my host has updated the system to PHP 5.3. And I get all sorts of error messages because of this.

I started building the shop 4 years ago, but never finished it, and now I want to finish it and open the store, at last :-)

I have a heavily moded store, so I would really like to not have to install all contributions once again, and solve all old problems again :-)

I read somewhere that there was a contribution or several that could help me update and not remove all the contributions and code I have changed and added.

Somebody know which contribution/s these are?

If I have to reinstall all contributions, will it be the same amount of work updating from 2.2 MS" to RC2a or RC3, as just installing a fresh RC2a or RC3 and start all over again?

Thanks for all help I can get :-)

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

I read somewhere that there was a contribution or several that could help me update and not remove all the contributions and code I have changed and added.

Somebody know which contribution/s these are?

See the first post in this thread. Although upgrading to RC2a will not help with the "deprecated" errors you get with PHP5.3 (easy to suppress though). The next release will be released soon though (weeks?) and that should fix those particular errors in a definitive way.