• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

uk Shipping support

ukracer

Hi

I have been trying for weeks now to get UK shipping working./ Some people who I have contacted have tried to help but their stuff only works on pre Nov snapshots.

SO I have two questions can you have both UK Postal Rates Contribution.zip and uk_special_delivery.zip at the same time.

The First one is made for the pre NOV snapshot but I have updated files however it still does not work it displays figures far higher than listed in the contrib

Can we get some semblance of order what contribs for the UK actually do work with the new checkout procedure please....

The short answer is yes, you should be able to have both running.

The Special Delivery module I contributed (for post-Nov snapshots) should be fairly simple to get working - just upload the files and switch it on in admin (make sure you get the update which doesn't require you to have the free ship mod installed).

I have a number of other modules made and working for UK postage but they are specific to the sites I am working on and not as simple as the Special Delivery one to package up and contribute as a generic module due to the shear number of weight boundaries specified by the Royal Mail for these other methods.

Unfortunately I don't have time at the moment to a). Make decent generic contributions and write the necessary install instructions or B). Respond to all the support requests I know I will inevitably get.

When I have finished the two shops I'm working on I will look at contributing the other modules (1st class, recorded delivery, swiftair & airsure).

tobz

osCommerce Links

osCommerce Templates

osCommerce UK <-- This site is for sale!

The short answer is yes, you should be able to have both running.

The Special Delivery module I contributed (for post-Nov snapshots) should be fairly simple to get working - just upload the files and switch it on in admin (make sure you get the update which doesn't require you to have the free ship mod installed).

I have a number of other modules made and working for UK postage but they are specific to the sites I am working on and not as simple as the Special Delivery one to package up and contribute as a generic module due to the shear number of weight boundaries specified by the Royal Mail for these other methods.

Unfortunately I don't have time at the moment to a). Make decent generic contributions and write the necessary install instructions or B). Respond to all the support requests I know I will inevitably get.

When I have finished the two shops I'm working on I will look at contributing the other modules (1st class, recorded delivery, swiftair & airsure).

Ok dide I understand everybody is busy but surely someone out there knows what contribs we can use for us thickos who do not follow why one does not work. I mean the checkout precedure was changed and nothing seems to have been done since then and yet there MUST be thousands of UK stores using OScommerce.

As I say both mine do not have a handling charge but are showing postage rates higher than they should be!......

Anyone else got any ideas....thanks for your reply though tobz at least you took the time to reply that is appreciated.

UK Racer - Do you only ship to the UK?

I'm setting up a shop here in the UK, but want to ship to Europe and Rest of World.

UK ?4.00 (one option - via royal mail)

Europe ?8.00 or ?20.00 ( two options - std and express)

USA / Canada ?20 (one option)

Far East / Australia ?25

Rest of World ?30

You know of a contribution that will help me?

If not, anyone know how I would go about seting the above up?

I'll get a roasting if this is not implemented ASAP...pls help :(

Cheers

Paul

UK Racer - Do you only ship to the UK?

I'm setting up a shop here in the UK, but want to ship to Europe and Rest of World.

UK ?4.00 (one option - via royal mail)

Europe ?8.00 or ?20.00 ( two options - std and express)

USA / Canada ?20 (one option)

Far East / Australia ?25

Rest of World ?30

You know of a contribution that will help me?

If not, anyone know how I would go about seting the above up?

I'll get a roasting if this is not implemented ASAP...pls help :(

Cheers

Paul

Hey hey

Hiya Paul

Its not my shop but its for a mate of mine who ws left in the lurch by an ex partner......less said the better but I am trying to set it up so it does both however mainly it will be to the UK but he has already had some interest from Europe .

I am not the person to help due I an indesperate need of help myself as I have two modules installed but neither show the correct rate of postage.

Lets just hope we get some kind person help soon as most people who have tried to help me are on preNov snapshots and the old check outs so I am told...whatever than means.

You can check what I have in place so far at www.dcracing.co.uk/catalog/default.php

speak soon I hope :)

As I say both mine do not have a handling charge but are showing postage rates higher than they should be!......

Anyone else got any ideas....thanks for your reply though tobz at least you took the time to reply that is appreciated.

Under Configuration > Shipping/Packaging make sure you have the following options set to zero otherwise they will bump up the shipping costs:

Package Tare Weight

Larger packages - percentage increase

Handling Fee

As for your version compatability question, I can only speak for my contribution - it is designed for and should work on the most recent snapshots i.e post-nov (new checkout) snapshots.

tobz

osCommerce Links

osCommerce Templates

Under Configuration > Shipping/Packaging make sure you have the following options set to zero otherwise they will bump up the shipping costs:

Package Tare Weight

Larger packages - percentage increase

Handling Fee

As for your version compatability question, I can only speak for my contribution - it is designed for and should work on the most recent snapshots i.e post-nov (new checkout) snapshots.

Yes all those are 0's and when I enter an item that weighs 0.18 kilograms I get a price of ?8 which as far as I can tell is lower than the first rate in your contrib?

The same weight in the standard rate gives a price of ?3 and again I have dounle checked the tare weights etc and they are ceratinly 0's.

I know at least one other person is getting desperate and I just can't belive there are not a lot of others who have had to alter the shipping rate contribs since the post Nov snapshot and the new checkout procedure.

SO please dont feel you are obliged to reply tobz I can hark back to athread where someone threw a freddy and we were told they had to be patient but there cant be only three of us in need of postage contribs that work since they changed the check outs can there??? All this work over the past few months has come to a stop because we cant get past the new check out procedure.......any one know what it was chnaged just out of interest while we are waiting? :)

Special Delivery in the UK is priced as follows:

< 0.1 = ?3.65

0.1 to 0.5 = ?4.00

0.5 to 1.00 = ?5.15

1.0 to 2.0 = ?6.45

2.0 to 10.0 = ?18.3

> 10.0 = ?999.99

There is no ?8 option which leads me to suggest you go back and double check every single setting in admin and with the product.

To prove it works, you can go to shop.opticalfunk.com. I have set the weight of the Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro mouse to 0.18 - add it to you basket and checkout. Use [email protected] and the password "password" and you will see the shipping charge displayed corectly as ?4.00

I'm sure there are lots of people who would like a complete UK shipping rates contribution covering every method available - up until 2 weeks ago I was one of them which is why I took the plunge and made my own modules. I know not everybody can do this themselves which is why I have tried to help by contributing the Special Delivery module.

tobz

osCommerce Links

osCommerce Templates

have tried to help by contributing the Special Delivery module.

Lots cut thanks for that!

I think only " think " I might know what is wrong but without knowing php I cant confirm this.

When I try to add a new account I get a promt after trying to save it which puts Great Britain in the state/province section despite me already writing a state in there.

When it is saved it comes up with UK replaced in the section of the address where Great britain was "forced upon me by OScommerce".

When I got to the checkout section every one of the options are overpriced and NEVER got any pences by them like 1.36 its always a round figure.

I am thinking that somehow the system is looking at state/province for the initials GB?? ALL this is grasping at straws like you would not believe but needs must as they say, like you I cant get it going but I will not be beaten.....or three months work is down the drain......but can one of the team explain how the checkout works and what fields its looking for etc. without this info I cant se how one can progress and trouble shoot.

oh if any body gets time to see what happens try buying the radio in electronics section as this is 0.90 in weight.

the store is www.dcracing.co.uk/catalog.default.php and the email to log in is [email protected] and the password is driver.

Thanks in advance

oh if any body gets time to see what happens try buying the radio in electronics section as this is 0.90 in weight.

the store is www.dcracing.co.uk/catalog.default.php and the email to log in is [email protected] and the password is driver.

Thanks in advance

OH for an edit button............ www.dcracing.co.uk/catalog/default.php is the addy of course.

Hi Guys, I think you are all making this more complicated than it really is. We ship to most of the world, by Royal Mail and DHL and Nightspeed. We use the standard 'zones' based shipping renamed as 'our carrier'. We include the VAT in the shipping for the uk and europe.

Zone Based Rates 

Enable Zones Method

Handling Fee

Zone 1 Countries

GB

Zone 1 Shipping Table

0:0,0.4:1.53,0.5:1.95,0.6:2.35,0.7:2.95,0.8:3.42,0.9:3.76,1:4.10,1.09:5.10,1.1:4.34,1.11:5.10,1.2:5.10,1.5:6.10,44.01:8.00,44.02:16.00,54.00:16.00,60:8.00,100:32.00

Zone 2 Countries

IE,NL,BE,FR,DE,DK,IT,ES,PT,AT,FI,SE,LU

Zone 2 Shipping Table

0:0,0.4:2.68,0.5:3.21,0.6:3.77,0.7:4.36,0.8:4.94,0.9:5.46,1:5.99,1.2:7.05,1.5:8.65,2:11.28,10:22.21,15:26.18,20:30.14,25:34.11,30:38.07,60:61.86,100:300.00

Zone 3 Countries

GR,CI

Zone 3 Shipping Table

0:0,0.4:2.68,0.5:3.21,0.6:3.77,0.7:4.36,0.8:4.94,0.9:5.46,1:5.99,1.2:7.05,1.5:8.65,2:20.92,5:35.70,10:54.73,15:73.77,20:92.80,30:116.91,60:289.80,100:500.00

Zone 4 Countries

CH,NO

Zone 4 Shipping Table

0:0,0.4:2.28,0.5:2.73,0.6:3.21,0.7:3.71,0.8:4.20,0.9:4.65,1:5.10,1.2:6.00,1.5:7.36,2:9.60,10:27.00,15:31.05,20:35.10,25:39.15,30:43.20,60:130.04,100:500.00

Zone 5 Countries

US,CA,TR,SM,MC,CY,GI,CN

Zone 5 Shipping Table

0:0,0.4:3.70,0.5:4.55,0.6:5.40,0.7:6.25,0.8:7.10,0.9:7.95,1:8.80,1.2:10.50,1.5:13.05,2:17.30,5:37.13,6:41.85,7:46.58,8:51.30,9:56.03,10:60.75,15:84.38,20:108.00,25:131.63,30:155.25,60:355.00,100:600.00

Zone 6 Countries

AU,HK,JP,MY,SG,TW,IS,MT

Zone 6 Shipping Table

0:0,0.4:4.00,0.5:4.95,0.6:5.90,0.7:6.85,0.8:7.80,0.9:8.75,1:9.70,1.2:11.60,1.5:14.45,2:19.20,5:37.13,6:41.85,7:46.58,8:51.30,9:56.03,10:60.75,15:84.38,20:108.00,25:131.63,30:155.25,60:355.00,100:600.00

Zone 7 Countries

BS,BH,BB,BM,KY,EG,GL,KW,SA,ZA,TN,AE,NZ

Zone 7 Shipping Table

0:0,0.4:4.00,0.5:4.95,0.6:5.90,0.7:6.85,0.8:7.80,0.9:8.75,1:9.70,1.2:11.60,1.5:14.45,2:19.20,5:44.55,6:50.63,7:56.70,8:62.78,9:68.85,10:74.93,15:105.30,20:135.68,25:166.05,30:196.43,60:407.90,100:1000.00

These rates are all based on most cost effective cost for fastest delivery. All orders are dispatched by 'First class royal mail', 'small packet air mail' or 'dhl'/'nightspeed' carrier.

We do not offer the customer a choice. A very log time in the mail-order business has taught us that giving the customer too many choices is not helpfull, and keeping your checkout process simple is vital.

Hope you find this helpfull.

Val

Hi Guys, I think you are all making this more complicated than it really is. We ship to most of the world, by Royal Mail and DHL and Nightspeed. We use the standard 'zones' based shipping renamed as 'our carrier'. We include the VAT in the shipping for the uk and europe.

Hope you find this helpfull.

It might if we knew what we had to do with the info <grin>

BUT in my case something somewhere is making the checkout procedure give false totals ...all rounded figures and no pence BUT also too high.

I cant find anyone from the team who coded the new checkout to tell me if there are some docs as to how it works...until then I am stuck.

Others have used some parts and that works.........

Thanks for your reply

Val

When I try to add a new account I get a promt after trying to save it which puts Great Britain in the state/province section despite me already writing a state in there.

There is a UK Counties contrib which will insert all the counties into your database.

That said it won't effect the shipping module as this uses the country field. Indeed, I just tried changing the country of the delivery address and the delivery section of the checkout correctly now displays the message that "This method is only available in the UK."

tobz

osCommerce Links

osCommerce Templates

Hi Guys, I think you are all making this more complicated than it really is. We ship to most of the world, by Royal Mail and DHL and Nightspeed.

The trouble is, this is rather specific to your store. Some shops don't ship around the world and not all the delivery options you use are available to all store owners. Some stores also like to offer their customers a choice. Personally I like to have a choice of delivery methods - then if I need the goods urgently I can pay a bit extra or if there is no rush I can go for a cheaper option.

tobz

osCommerce Links

osCommerce Templates

There is a UK Counties contrib which will insert all the counties into your database.

That said it won't effect the shipping module as this uses the country field. Indeed, I just tried changing the country of the delivery address and the delivery section of the checkout correctly now displays the message that "This method is only available in the UK."

I really dont know why the shipping has to be made so complicated after all its only gota work out the weight and give it a price. I had phil on MSN earlier and we managed to get it to work but now I am trying all three it does not work and I am buggared if I can get it working again now.....something strange is going on how do I report a possible bug or malfunction to the team??

I have fully working multiple zone files working with post nov snapshots.

If you want them I can zip them up for you and email them across

Currently there are six zone files for each class of delivery zone1.php zone2.php etc and within them there are multiple zones for the different country rates.

Free free to test only checkout below to see the zones (dont enter CC details though.

Graham Wright

Free free to test only checkout below to see the zones (dont enter CC details though.

Hi, I just went to checkout with a 20kg item in my cart and it offered special delivery as an option. I though special delivery was only available up to 10kg's? See http://tinyurl.com/5fby

tobz

osCommerce Links

osCommerce Templates

Yes your right - but I carry all of the weights right up - otherwise the option becomes still available with a zero and I dont want people checking out with zero amounts.

If someone chooses special on a 20kg parcel then ill put it on a pre 10am guaranteed delivery with say parcelforce.

Graham Wright

Ah! I thought you might be doing something like that :)

ukracer - does the standard zones shipping module that came with osC work in your store?

NO.they dont mate............Update

Phil townsend who wrote one of the contribs I am using accessed my admin tonight as we did have it working...all be it with a few rates...yesterday. Tonight he has set it all up how it should be and it returns for a weight of 0.18 a price of ?4 for the special delivery and ?0 for the standard and recorded rate royal mail. so we now suspect some problem with the PHP files rather than my head which is some ways is nice but tacking it down is gonna be harder than me just doing something right.......so unless anyone knows which files are used during the checkout procedure I need to check a lot of files.......probably when I am more awake.

In a nut shell I seem to have been doing things right but it still did not work so I suspected it was more complicated than it is ......which did not help my temper <grin>

If the zones.php that came with your snapshot doesn't work then you have some major underlying problems :?

Incidently, ?4 for 0.18kg is correct so that seems to be working...

Yes but it should show as ?4.00 if I am right. Perhaps that one was a bad example so I better show another one <grin>

But yes I do seem to have some other underlying problems not least of which I have two files the same name but different sizes however beyond compare shows no differences and these are the same file copied to the location so they should be the same .........but do show two different files sizes.

• 7 months later...

I don't know if this helps anyone but I've been trying to install this contribution on a new install for days now and gave up after not being able to get the shipping options to show. However now I've reinstated the default shipping options and on testing the Per item option, whatever I place as the Handling Fee

it ignores the decimals so if I put 0.75 it adds ?1.00 if I put ?1.50 it adds ?2.00.

If anyone can get Uk shipping to work please tell me how as I have 3 sites I want to use it on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OSC user for years and no coder, so I've earned my stripes.

Feel free to private message me.