• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Internal Server Error

fb4u

Hello everyone, I need some help please.

When I enter the following in my browser,

I get the following error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.clearlychosen.com.au Port 80

• I have the latest version of this contrib as suggested by Jack_mcs.
  • All the xml file permissions are set to 777
  • my version of osc is v2.2 RC2a
  • I also have Header Tags SEO v3.1.2 installed (in case that might be affecting this?)

Could someone please give me a hint or pointer as to what is going on and what I need to do next?

Thank you!

Helena

An Internal Server error can be caused by many things, one of which is permissions settings. Are you sure they should be set to 777? Try setting them to whatever the ones on the images directory are set to. If that still fails and the site is working well othewise, then you will need to ask your host to take a look at it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

An Internal Server error can be caused by many things, one of which is permissions settings. Are you sure they should be set to 777? Try setting them to whatever the ones on the images directory are set to. If that still fails and the site is working well othewise, then you will need to ask your host to take a look at it.

Jack

Hello Jack, thank you for your response.

Unfortunately (in this instance), I am very sure all the files are set to 777 (which is the same as my images directory). I have also set the folder /googlesitemap/ to 777 but not the files within.

Thanks anyway for taking the time to reply. I will have a chat to my host and see if they can see a way around this.

Best Regards,

Helena

Solution

Ok I must have done something only a newbie silly like me would do.

I thought that the 777 permission also included the googlesitemap directory.

But the excellent support at my host company corrected that to permission 744 and everything has run Beautifully.

Thanks Jack for your support and Chemo for the contrib.