• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help needed setting up payment systems

Lee337

Hi everyone

I have been procrastinating for some time now and its all I really need to do to get my website going...and that is to connect it up to PayPal, I would like to know all about it, what are my options, regarding PayPal and any other facilities that may be available to me. I can see there are a couple of PayPal modules in my admin; if possible a step by step guide would be ideal. I have a PayPal account but it needs verifying, but I'm not sure at all what it’s all about and would like some basic understanding and guidance, or perhaps a point to the appropriate guidance that is already on the forum. Thank you for your timeand patients

Lee :rolleyes:

Hi everyone

I have been procrastinating for some time now and its all I really need to do to get my website going...and that is to connect it up to PayPal, I would like to know all about it, what are my options, regarding PayPal and any other facilities that may be available to me. I can see there are a couple of PayPal modules in my admin; if possible a step by step guide would be ideal. I have a PayPal account but it needs verifying, but I'm not sure at all what it’s all about and would like some basic understanding and guidance, or perhaps a point to the appropriate guidance that is already on the forum. Thank you for your timeand patients

Lee :rolleyes:

I use Paypal Website Payments Standard. You should just enter your paypal details into the appropriate fields and it will work. If you have difficulties then post back here. If you want to check what happens then make one of your items 1p and then buy it using your credit/debit card. You will then be guided through the whole process and it will cost you a penny.

If it doesn't work then you can post what the problem was.

You should ensure that your Paypal IPN is switched on and set correctly in your paypal account. In my case it is set to return to http://shopfolder/subfolder/checkout_success.php.

It will also show you what emails you get sent as a customer. If you have a look at some of the older posts there is a guide to setting up paypal if you wish

Edited by umtwebby