• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

grrr Ok I tried and tried

TIREDofBS4

but since the fdeveloper isnt answering in my wefforts to go back and doublecheck I have messed it all up and om so disgusted that osc cant offer some better customer support...I did a backup today beforei started..would be good news if coould access it but now my admin tool

is amiss with the following error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/danicasb/public_html/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php on line 44

but since the fdeveloper isnt answering in my wefforts to go back and doublecheck I have messed it all up and om so disgusted that osc cant offer some better customer support...I did a backup today beforei started..would be good news if coould access it but now my admin tool

is amiss with the following error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/danicasb/public_html/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php on line 44

now error reads

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /home/danicasb/public_html/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php on line 34

here is the code for the php now

<?php

/*

$Id: catalog.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

?>

<!-- catalog //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$heading = array();

$contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog'));

if ($selected_box == 'catalog') {

$contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS . '</a><br>' .

//kgt - discount coupons

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DISCOUNT_COUPONS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_DISCOUNT_COUPONS . '</a>' );

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a>' );

***************/

//end kgt - discount coupons

$box = new box;

echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- catalog_eof //-->

u want customer support

and u paid what, nothing, zip, nill!!!

ps put those teath away!!

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

u want customer support

and u paid what, nothing, zip, nill!!!

ps put those teath away!!

thanks for the help..if you cant help butt outI need help not someone to tell me what to feel...

help is appreciated soemone who doesnt care or realize howmuch effort i put into this to screw it all up isnt needed

Robert,

I replied to this exact post days ago with the corrected code for you to enter. If you didn't have double/triple posts of everything you would have seen my response.

Customer Support is NOT guaranteed as this is a voluntary support forum that usually operates fairly well. But, as I said when you post multiple duplicated posts, you lose track of the responses.

So, do a search of your posts and you will find the corrected code in one of them from me.

Chris

Robert,

I replied to this exact post days ago with the corrected code for you to enter. If you didn't have double/triple posts of everything you would have seen my response.

Customer Support is NOT guaranteed as this is a voluntary support forum that usually operates fairly well. But, as I said when you post multiple duplicated posts, you lose track of the responses.

So, do a search of your posts and you will find the corrected code in one of them from me.

Chris

no chris this is different thato ne was the reports.php this is the catalog.php

ok Robert,

It may be different........but, the solution is the same. You have done the same thing to this file as you did report.php so the solution is to look at a clean copy of catalog.php and see what you did wrong.

Syntax in PHP is not forgiving, so every little ) ; ' and } has to be in place. Be careful when editing your files.

Chris

ok Robert,

It may be different........but, the solution is the same. You have done the same thing to this file as you did report.php so the solution is to look at a clean copy of catalog.php and see what you did wrong.

Syntax in PHP is not forgiving, so every little ) ; ' and } has to be in place. Be careful when editing your files.

Chris

Well since my backup folder in admin isunavailable because of therror I cant see clean copy of catalog php... I admit im a codign idiot that why i spent 2 days trying to get help. but it either went ignored or smart aleck remarks. there fore when i kept redoing things I must have messed it up. But All im asking now is to get my admin back obviously none of the discount addons work properly unless you are a prgoramming whicz and they dont wanna help which is fine. but can soemone help me retrieve my admin area...If i could tell by looking I would have not bothered you folks...trust me I dont like being a bother,

Robert,

There is always a new copy of every file: Download the OSC zip again and copy the files you need to the server. OR

You can restore your back up using the back up you created before beginning the edit of catalog.php

Chris

Robert,

There is always a new copy of every file: Download the OSC zip again and copy the files you need to the server. OR

You can restore your back up using the back up you created before beginning the edit of catalog.php

Chris

how can i restore it if that part of admin tool is inaccessible?

This is YOUR catalog.php

//kgt - discount coupons

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DISCOUNT_COUPONS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_DISCOUNT_COUPONS . '</a>' );

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a>' );

***************/

This is the catalog.php from the addon. See any difference?

//kgt - discount coupons

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a><br>'.

/***************

***************/

Chris

Better take his advice. It will help you a lot.

Robert,

Chris

ty for pointing out the clean copy access thath elped too