• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

! Product FILTERING after attributes in drop down box

Tomason

The oscommerce forum has 200.000 registered members and almost 1.300.000 posts, from those more than 1000 posts are about FILTERING PRODUCTS.

There are some other packages like oscommerce which have this kind of option, but NOT oscommerce.

I am serios about this matter and I want to know what is the situation today 23 mar 2009.

I read everything I could find about this subject but I couldn't find any concrete and complete solution.

In this post I ask all the members that have any information on this matter or are interested in this subject to post at this topic, maybe in the end a solution will appear, or who knows, maybe more than one :rolleyes:

Filtering for what? There is a manufacturer's filter built in to osCommerce. I have added other filters, as have others. Check the Contributions section, then if you can't find what you want there, give us some more information.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

<< kymation >>

I talk about something like this: =================> oscommerce.gif

Can you give me a link where I can see the filters that you added?

I saw the 4-5 contributions that are close to what I want, but none of them seems to do what I need.

<< hari_shyam >>

..... complete solution FOR ME means:

A complete contribution without errors which filters products from a category after certain attributes like in the image I attached.

Does any of you have a functional contribution for osC which does something like that?

<_<

That's a very spesific requirement, so I don't think your likely to find a contrib that will give you that specifically.

Any contrib that would be close would have to be quite complex to be flexible enough to give you all the options u want.

Its certainly something that can be done, & I`m sure it has been done for specific sites b4 though not neccessarily released as a contrib.

Therefore I think you are going to have to either build it yourself or get someone to do it for you.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

I don't currently have anything that's close to that complex. That would require adding a lot of data fields to sort by, or some really clever (and site-specific) data mining. Better to add the data fields.

I do have plans for a specifications addon that would provide the data. A filtering option would be a good addition to that code. Now I just need to find the time to code it up.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.