• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is there a way to automatically change currency?

iStan

We offer the following currency options:

-CAD default

-GBP

-USD

Our American customers often assume that the default currency is USD, which means that our prices don't look as competitive as they really are ($1 CAD = $0.8 USD). Is there a way (preferably an easy to install, bug free, and all-round enjoyable contrib) to get OSCommerce to detect a visitor's country, or at least their IP address's country, and automatically switch to that currency from the default?

I have done a forum search and rooted around in the contribs. So far, the second currency mod by Jack mcs comes close, but I don't necessarily want USD always displayed. I know that I can set my site up so that it detects the IP addy and will direct the visitor to a specific section based on that info. Since the shop is part of the site, rather than the site, I could set up two stores, therefore, having U.S. customers automatically directed to the USD store, but that is a cumbersome solution.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

can be done by validation the ISP provider hostname.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

• 1 year later...

I suspect that somewhere we must touch

if (!isset($lng) || (isset($lng) && !is_object($lng))) {

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'language.php');

$lng = new language;

}

$languages_string = '';

reset($lng->catalog_languages);

while (list($key, $value) = each($lng->catalog_languages)) {

$languages_string .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('language', 'currency')) . 'language=' . $key, $request_type) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $value['directory'] . '/images/' . $value['image'], $value['name']) . '</a> ';

• 1 month later...

There is no contribution to do this, but there are various IP to country programs available on the internet. Some are free and some cost a small fee. The easiest ones to use are those that check the IP on their servers. Some require you to install a database of IP addresses (which is huge) and this needs updating regularly, so opt for one that checks the IP address on the providers server.

search for IP to country or for IP to location.