• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New to OSc and cant change anything

Hi guys.

this is my first post and im new to OSCommerce.

I have been handed a site to fix and optimize for a friend and things have been going well untill after 2 weeks I finally noticed a previous spelling mistake in a heading, I went to change it and when I save the changes it comes up with this error -

Warning: fopen(D:/inetpub/vhosts/xxxxxxxxxxx.com.au/httpdocs//includes/languages/english/specials.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\inetpub\vhosts\xxxxxxxxxxx.com.au\httpdocs\admin\file_manager.php on line 40

Now it seems that all the changes I had planned to do in the near future I cant because of this, Im obviously missing something, probably as simple as changing a value in config to allow me to make changes.

Thanks for the help.

Its been interesting so far reading over the forum seeing what things could be done.

You shouldn't be using "File Manager" to edit your files. It has a tendency to insert "foreign" characters in text files you edit.

Download the file to your computer via FTP or cpanel from your webhost and edit using a good text editor such as notepad++, crimson editor, etc. When you're done, upload it back.

Yeah I didnt think it would work as easy as that, even though it way more complicated trying to read the box provided lol.

Thats the way I would normally do it but because my friend doesnt know anything about the advanced side of it, he never cared to remember what login info was for ftp and the hosting company seems to be really hard to get in touch with since I took it over.

So I guess it looks like it have to get a bit more forceful in contacting them.

Thanks for that. At least I know now there isnt a problem with it I hadnt picked up on yet.

Archived