• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Question on Gift Registry's & Gift Certificates/Cards

RSprinkel

Hi All,

Gift Registry:

I have seen a few Gift Registry's in the Contributions section. I downloaded one and after going through the whole setup I found there was no .sql file. I have done major searches to find one that I can work with. I am looking for one that does not have all the standard OSCommerce files in it as I already have a shop up with several modifications to it already, and one that is complete.

Gift Certificates:

As well I have seen several Contributions on this too. I Would like one that can be either printed and mailed or emailed to the Customer or a person of their choice. One that will keep track of the balance on such certificate/card in the purchasers account if the full amount of the certificate is not used.

Any Recommendations on the above?

Thanks much in advance.

newtest,

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

WOW wished I had installed the CCGV before making the other Modifications, LOL. Not sure which is worse, starting over and installing the CCGV first or just going into all the code.

Guess from the Readme I am gonna need the following:

"Needed: asprin, advil, Tylenol 3, COFFEE, Cigarettes, COFFEE, cigarettes and did I mention COFFEE"

Guess it is break time...

Again thanks for your reply, much appreciated ;)

Ok I completely wiped out my site, installed OSCommerce and then the CCGV. Installed theme and then installed security contributions.

I then decided to install the GiftRegistry-Redux using WinMerge. Well now I am getting nothing but errors and no site, LOL.

Error on home page and nothing else is shown but blank page - Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/mydomain/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 330

Line 330 has $navigation->add_current_page();

If anyone would be so kind to tell me which is the best way to install the above 3 mentioned things that newtest mentioned without having to spend 4 hours of modifiying code just to get this site up and running. I have spent better part of the day doing all this stuff to get this site up and running and this is what I get, LOL. My store was in existence running Magento and found alot of neat features using OSCommerce that Magento does NOT have and I wanted and I took my site down completely to go with OSCommerce and it seems to be more of a pain then its worth. Heck I will still have over 3500 products to upload once the site is up.

So again if anyone would be so kind in telling me how and the easiest way to install these 3 features I want listed above it would be GREATLY Appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance and sorry for the rant. I am just AGGRAVATED :(

• 2 weeks later...
Ok I completely wiped out my site, installed OSCommerce and then the CCGV. Installed theme and then installed security contributions.

I then decided to install the GiftRegistry-Redux using WinMerge. Well now I am getting nothing but errors and no site, LOL.

Error on home page and nothing else is shown but blank page - Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/mydomain/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 330

Line 330 has $navigation->add_current_page();

If anyone would be so kind to tell me which is the best way to install the above 3 mentioned things that newtest mentioned without having to spend 4 hours of modifiying code just to get this site up and running. I have spent better part of the day doing all this stuff to get this site up and running and this is what I get, LOL. My store was in existence running Magento and found alot of neat features using OSCommerce that Magento does NOT have and I wanted and I took my site down completely to go with OSCommerce and it seems to be more of a pain then its worth. Heck I will still have over 3500 products to upload once the site is up.

So again if anyone would be so kind in telling me how and the easiest way to install these 3 features I want listed above it would be GREATLY Appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance and sorry for the rant. I am just AGGRAVATED :(

First, which version of osc you install on your site. if you using 2.2, than you can download the the registry contribution first. After you install the registry, you will need to install the registry, you have to fix the tax problem if you using in store pickup contribution. After you finished registry, can install the CCGV and other add on. that is what I think.

Also I found out that the registry can't work with 2.2CR version.