• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No Email Working What-so-ever - Please Help

charu8

Hi,

I am having a lot of difficulty sending and receiving email from OSC. Have not been able to get any order or account confirmations either. I have read many of the forum topics where people have been able to send emil to customers from the admin panel, but even this is not working. I have set it up properly in admin and checked a lot of code and cannot find the problem. The set up and files seem to be ok, there are no errors that suggest otherwise.

There has been a lot of discussion on this topic and no resolution posted. Is there anyone out there who has been able to get this working successfully? Please could you share your solution with the rest of us, pretty please..

I have a Host account with CPanel and am running a SQL DB on Windows server. These are the Email Options:

E-Mail Transport Method: sendmail

E-Mail Linefeeds: LF

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails: false

Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS: false

Send E-Mails: true

Any help would really be appreciated. It has been a long journey to get this far.

Thanks

Charu

From the instructions iin admin->Configuration->E-Mail Options->E-Mail Transport method,

Defines if this server uses a local connection to sendmail or uses an SMTP connection via TCP/IP. Servers running on Windows and MacOS should change this setting to SMTP.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Download the email test pacakge in the contribution section, install and run it. That will determine if the problem is in your shop or on the server.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

hello,i did solve that problem,i go to admin side in my OScommerce, and in Configuration --> E-mail Options, change in E-Mail Transport Method from sendmail to smtp, and in E-Mail Linefeeds change to CRLF.then when i leave the message to myself,i got it,maybe you can try!

hello,everybody,i did used the http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/901

i did test my website,

when i send the message from "contact us of website",i can not get the e-mail in my gmail,

when i send the email from admin->customer->choose one customer name and send e-mail(the email account is another and customer name is also mine ),i can not get anything;

when i go to the website,and click the "forgotten"password,and fill my e-mail address,i also can not get in my mailbox(this mail box is my regist mailbox in my website,same as the customer mailbox in "admin"),

so now i don't know where is my mistake,pls help me,my detail for my website as below:

oscommerce-2.2rc2a

webhosting: Godaddy windows

E-mail:gmail

Store Name:name

Store Owner:name

E-Mail Address:[email protected]

E-Mail From:[email protected]

Send Extra Order Emails To:[email protected]

E-Mail Transport Method smtp

E-Mail Linefeeds CRLF

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails true

Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS false

Send E-Mails true

SMTP Server Host Address ssl://smtp.gmail.com

SMTP Server EHLO / HELO Name gmail.com

SMTP Server Port Number 465

SMTP Authentication Required true

SMTP Authentication Username [email protected]

SMTP Authentication Password password

What were the results of the email test package I mentioned?

Jack

hello,thanks,where can i dowload the email test way?so sorry for the much trouble?

another question,i did send the problem to the contribution developer,he said it is the godaddy web hosting problem,how to solve?if have the other way to solve?

hello,thanks,where can i dowload the email test way?so sorry for the much trouble?

another question,i did send the problem to the contribution developer,he said it is the godaddy web hosting problem,how to solve?if have the other way to solve?

Go to the contribution section and search for email test. Upload and run it. It will show if the problem is due to the server or not. If it is, then send godaddy a link to it and ask them to fix it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived