• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] STS 4.5.8 - Beginners Tutorial

fb4u

Hi guys,

I am writing a tutorial for the 'layman' on STS 4.5.8 (the latest of the STS 4 versions). I have done 2 modules: the Default, and the Product Info module so far.

The reason why I am writing these tutorials and documenting them is coz, despite the great documentation from Bill Kellum "bkellum", and tho I had this module in its earlier incarnations, I never really got my head round to understanding how it all tied together. So I thought this time round I would hunker down and write it out as simply as I can - as if meant for a first time user - with as many pics and graphics as possible.

I know it really helped me in this process. It would be great if someone else could find it useful too. :wub:

Would you mind having a look? You can find it at: STS 4.5.8 - Beginner's Tutorial

Thanks!

Helena

Hi guys,

I am writing a tutorial for the 'layman' on STS 4.5.8 (the latest of the STS 4 versions). I have done 2 modules: the Default, and the Product Info module so far.

The reason why I am writing these tutorials and documenting them is coz, despite the great documentation from Bill Kellum "bkellum", and tho I had this module in its earlier incarnations, I never really got my head round to understanding how it all tied together. So I thought this time round I would hunker down and write it out as simply as I can - as if meant for a first time user - with as many pics and graphics as possible.

I know it really helped me in this process. It would be great if someone else could find it useful too. :wub:

Would you mind having a look? You can find it at: STS 4.5.8 - Beginner's Tutorial

Thanks!

Helena

Helena,

Great job on the tutorial! ;)

I think the STS Users would like to see this uploaded in the STSv4 Power Pack site, which is a site dedicated to all STS add-ons, tutorials, extras, etc.

A PDF file would be great in the STS Power Pack site.

I have a Infobox Tutorial (that I never finished) that I need to upload as well.

Also, I may be uploading a new version of STS sometime soon and could insert your tutorial into the main download if you wanted me to.

Again, Great Job!

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Helena,

Great job on the tutorial! ;)

I think the STS Users would like to see this uploaded in the STSv4 Power Pack site, which is a site dedicated to all STS add-ons, tutorials, extras, etc.

A PDF file would be great in the STS Power Pack site.

I have a Infobox Tutorial (that I never finished) that I need to upload as well.

Also, I may be uploading a new version of STS sometime soon and could insert your tutorial into the main download if you wanted me to.

Again, Great Job!

Wow Bill! Of all the hoped-for responses to get, I never expect to get one from you. I am bowled over and and very honoured you replied!!

THANK YOU

I would be over-pleased to have this uploaded into the STSv4 Power Pack .. but I don't know how to do that. Would u mind terribly giving me some pointers?

And should I make it into a pdf file for that purpose?

I still have more to write before I finish the tutorial ... which is me learning and figuring out as I write.

Bill, I also need to ask you a personal question so i am about to message you now. Thank you so much again for your thumbs up!

Kow-towing with much appreciation.

cheers,

Helena

Wow Bill! Of all the hoped-for responses to get, I never expect to get one from you. I am bowled over and and very honoured you replied!!

THANK YOU

I would be over-pleased to have this uploaded into the STSv4 Power Pack .. but I don't know how to do that. Would u mind terribly giving me some pointers?

And should I make it into a pdf file for that purpose?

I still have more to write before I finish the tutorial ... which is me learning and figuring out as I write.

Bill, I also need to ask you a personal question so i am about to message you now. Thank you so much again for your thumbs up!

Kow-towing with much appreciation.

cheers,

Helena

Use the link in my signature (STS Add-ons Power Pack Site) or here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4456

Simply upload a new file (your PDF version of your STS Beginner Tutorial) using the upper right icon "Add a File to this Package".

You could either break it up into single chapter tutorials or one complete tutorial (up to you).

Thanks,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Use the link in my signature (STS Add-ons Power Pack Site) or here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4456

Simply upload a new file (your PDF version of your STS Beginner Tutorial) using the upper right icon "Add a File to this Package".

You could either break it up into single chapter tutorials or one complete tutorial (up to you).

Thanks,

Hi again Bill,

thanks for the information. I did that and uploaded the .pdf file (247kb) and clicked Submit. But nothing happened and I can't see what I submitted appearing.

So am not sure if I need to submit again or just to wait? Does the system take a while before the new submission shows up? And as the upload was less than 300kb, I would think it would not be in the "waiting for approval" queue?

Cheers,

Helena

Hi again Bill,

thanks for the information. I did that and uploaded the .pdf file (247kb) and clicked Submit. But nothing happened and I can't see what I submitted appearing.

So am not sure if I need to submit again or just to wait? Does the system take a while before the new submission shows up? And as the upload was less than 300kb, I would think it would not be in the "waiting for approval" queue?

Cheers,

Helena

It most likely got denied if it was not in a zip format. Just zip the pdf and try again.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

It most likely got denied if it was not in a zip format. Just zip the pdf and try again.

Hello Bill,

sorry. My fault. Feel like such a doofus. Thanks for putting me on the right path.

All done :)

Cheers,

Helena

• 3 months later...