• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

First draft ready

badjuju

bad;

Looking good and I'm sure you'll get it there! but-

You really need to add one of the mods that will let you show resized thumbs on your pages that show thumbs - the Dashiki picture is 143K!!!

You might miss your deadline just waiting for it to load.

(Sorry, just my opinion) :(

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

Looks nice. But, two things,

One: Get rid of the OSC cartoons.

Two: If your gonna use a SSL Cert, you might want to buy one. I got the warning popup.

You also may want to optimize your images a little bit more. I think the should be below 5k.

Steve

-------------------------

:D Look out, bad, you've got the Washington state critics out in force tonight! :wink:

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

Thanks for the info. I think I messed up on the resizing. Glad you guys noticed.

I'll look into the mods, although I have one added to keep the ration/size of the original.

Thanks for the feedback - keep 'em coming.

Yeah, the one you're using does fine to keep the pic ratios as they should be, but it's still serving the same full size image to the browser. You need one that either automatically reduces and compresses in order to serve the thumb or one that will serve one of two separate images (thumb or big image), depending on which you want to be showing.

There are several contributions (I use the one called Big Images) in the downloads section.

Bad,

You have done a good job of coordinating your blue color scheme. In my head I just don't associate blue with Africa though.....The colors in the brown and tan Dashiki...or golden tones with black accents like a lions mane...or deep greens like the forest...or even black and white like a zebra...anyway, just some ideas to think about.

Thanks muggity.

I've resized some of the images - I'll apply that thumbnail to improve users on slower connections.

Bird, I hear ya with the Africa theme. I stuck with it because I wanted to portray a different, stylish image of Africa rather than the common national geographic images ppl have always seen :)

I might change it later, but that's cool for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all for your comments and input on all forums. After a couple weeks of dealing with google and submissions, I finally made it to #1.

To check it out, go to google and search for african jewelry chicago

OR african clothes jewelry OR african jewelry clothes

Your images are still at 15k or above, which means it takes for ever on dial up to load. I even checked one that was 38k. You might consider the triple images mod.

You also, still need to get rid of the OSC cartoons.

I may be repeating my self, sorry. :oops:

Steve

-------------------------

Alright tool, I just did what you recommended.

I took the lazy way out with the cartoons - erased graphics and changed canvas color to the page background. slick, eh? lol

I modified all the images according to info I got from web site garage. For the most part, they're all under 15K - only thing that sucks is for dialup users, if there are 10+ images at 15K each, they'll still have to wait. But u're right, the wait will be shorter.

Thanks for nagging :lol:

search for african jewelry chicago

OR african clothes jewelry OR african jewelry clothes

Just to throw a spanner in the works (sorry), "jewelry" is spelt "jewellery" in England :? Not a problem if you are mostly targetting the US though :) Reason I picked up on this is because I'm creating a store for a jeweller who wants to sell internationally and we're trying to decide which keywords to target...nightmare!

Also, your PayPal logo is on a secure server which brings up a security alert because the name on the security cert doesn't match the name of your site.

tobz

osCommerce Links

osCommerce Templates

osCommerce UK <-- This site is for sale!

Archived