• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please check out.

yesitshere

Hi to all,

My site is almost ready, that is, besides for the insert your email on the left side, and all links that go via mysite.com/index.php won't work, as I've reserved the default address (.com/index.php) for a temporary subscribe page for people that want to get an update on my sites opening.

On advice of fellow oscommercers, i will not display my site name, only with a space in the middle.

www.Kosher Discount.eu/index3.php

Meanwhile copy paste the index3.php as well, but once its live, it will become the normal index.php, and all links will function.

Products are fake, and you can use visa card 4111111111111111 any exp date and cvc.

Thanks you so much for the positive and negative constructing feedback,

Alexandre

I just realised that i need to display this powered by oscommerce on live store.

I started my oscommerce from a template which didnt have this powered by... link, + the store isnt live yet.

Once i put it live, i dont mind to insert it.

thanks folks.

hi all,

I found the following code to fix it, but didnt seem to work, so I made my own, hope it qualifies ;)

define('FOOTER_TEXT_BODY', 'Copyright © ' . date('Y') . ' 
<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . STORE_NAME . '</a>
<br>Powered by <a href="http://www.oscommerce.com" target="_blank">osCommerce</a>');
?>

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Hello Alexandre

It's a clean enough template, and it looks like you still have a lot of work to do populating the site with products. On the landing site (index3.php) the product photos are set against a gradient background so you may wish to remove the gradient or use gif's (that have transparent background) for a cleaner look (see "customers who also bought this items" for a better illustration of this on your site). I like the logo (top left) but I am not so sure about the shopping cart jumping out of the computer screen (perhaps a selection of products would be better here). There may be regulations that apply to selling medicine internationally and this may be worth some investigation if you intend to do so. These are just my opinions, good luck with the build of your new web store.

PSC

Hello Alexandre

The overall color scheme is very good, the colors create a lively screen appearance and compliment each other well.

The catalog links in the left column are refering to index.php instead of your index3.php, creates an HTTP 404 error anytime someone clicks on a catagory link.

The product_info page using the same type color scheme works well. However, you may want to consider using larger images for the products or removing the 'Click to enlarge' if you do not want to use larger images. I realize with this products line images may not be as important as the information given in the product text, so tweaking(ie.. adding as much relavent product info as possible) your text would be the first place to start.

Also, plain text is extremely easy however you may wan to consider adding some HTML text styling to your product descriptions as this will liven it up and make important points more noticable.

You have a link in the heading to the shopping cart, which is very nice and handy. You may want to expand the link it a little to not only include the text but also the shopping bag icon to the immediate left.

Your links to specials.php are not working.

Overall a very clean design that is appealing...

Frank

Hello Alexandre

The overall color scheme is very good, the colors create a lively screen appearance and compliment each other well.

The catalog links in the left column are refering to index.php instead of your index3.php, creates an HTTP 404 error anytime someone clicks on a catagory link.

The product_info page using the same type color scheme works well. However, you may want to consider using larger images for the products or removing the 'Click to enlarge' if you do not want to use larger images. I realize with this products line images may not be as important as the information given in the product text, so tweaking(ie.. adding as much relavent product info as possible) your text would be the first place to start.

Also, plain text is extremely easy however you may wan to consider adding some HTML text styling to your product descriptions as this will liven it up and make important points more noticable.

You have a link in the heading to the shopping cart, which is very nice and handy. You may want to expand the link it a little to not only include the text but also the shopping bag icon to the immediate left.

Your links to specials.php are not working.

Overall a very clean design that is appealing...

Frank

thanks for your comments; as explained in one of my earlier posts in this topic i stated that i specifically changed temporarily to index3.php, as the default (now index.htm) is a place where people leave their email addresses to be contacted upon the shops opening.

the products are fake, so is the description, so no worries here so far.

specials didnt work indeed, this is fixed now.

Concerning the empty spot next (on the left) of the shopping cart, im not sure what to place there....

It used to be for language and currency changes, but is obsolete, as everything is in euro and english.

thank you everyone for your comments

I like the logo (top left) but I am not so sure about the shopping cart jumping out of the computer screen (perhaps a selection of products would be better here). There may be regulations that apply to selling medicine internationally and this may be worth some investigation if you intend to do so. These are just my opinions, good luck with the build of your new web store.

The medicines is just nonsense i temporarily put on, this site is supposed to be kind of a grocery store, hence the shopping cart ;)

Archived