• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sold out but displayed v1.0

uniquexme

guys, is there anyone who successfully install the above add-on? pls dun install that if u are newbie like me.

i messed up everything. i did a backup just before i did it, but somehow, when i try to restore after i messed up, it seems that the files that i have amended were NOT back to the state before i edit. i wasnt sure what happen. anyway, now i have a problem, price is all showing 0. can anyone pls help?

never mind, i work my way backwards, finally got everything done. including the price not showing.

hey so guys, whats the purpose of backup when the files in the server is not being backup????? for example, we edit the english.php, so when there is a problem, we restore, it still shows the amended one, and not the one before you edit it. or is it just with mine?

never mind, i work my way backwards, finally got everything done. including the price not showing.

hey so guys, whats the purpose of backup when the files in the server is not being backup????? for example, we edit the english.php, so when there is a problem, we restore, it still shows the amended one, and not the one before you edit it. or is it just with mine?

I don't use the built in amend features.

Whenever I do anything at all, I create a master folder on my Mac labelled sensibly according to what I am doing (ie: footer amends). Then, within that folder, I create two more folders - one called BACKUP and one called AMENDED. Then, using Cyberduck ftp, I COPY the files I need to amend from my osCommerce install into additional sensibly named folders (catalog>admin>includes>languages) etc etc into both the BACKUP and AMENDED folders, and then make my amends with BBEdit.

That way I am 100% guaranteed to have a back-up file of everything I amend, all tied to the specific task I was attempting. If it all goes wrong - and it often does - I just copy the back-ups to their respective places, following the naming convention of my folders. This is also a great way to keep track of what changes you made, and when you made them, because the folders will have their creation dates on them. However, as a back-up, I have an excel spreadsheet outlining the files I have amended.

It seems a lot of bother - but nowhere near as much bother as trying to restore your osCommerce installation.

HTH

Jonathan

yeah Jonathan,

i shd have done the similar like u, well, i thought that backup will truely backup everything, as of now. i have no idea if everything is perfect. but anyway, i think maybe for future shops, i will do the same.

oh yah do u have any idea regarding the sitemap, if u are free, would u be kind enough to go to my shop @ www.hobby-asia.com, see under the information box, at the very last, it supposed to be sitemap, but instead, it display something else, and when i click on it, there are 2 errors.