• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please take a look

Cerberus

Very, very nice! Gives you the feeling of the desert and Egypt, just right! It loads fast and seems to function well. Good job!

The only thing I would change is the two-toned background of the product listings....not quite the right shades of brown. They need to be a "warmer" tone to blend with the rest of the site.

Kim - Thanks, I tried to make it a desert theme. I meant to change those colours in the product listing and completely forgot. I don't like them either! :)

Gary - Thanks, yes it is live. I have about half of my stock and hopefully the rest will arrive early next week. All I need now are customers - here's hoping. :lol:

Kevin,

What browser was the customer using?

I checked with IE6 and NS7, works fine in both. I did notice one interesting difference between the two though...In IE6 there is a gap above the logo, in NS7 the logo is flush with the top.

Hi Kim, thanks for responding.

The customer is using Internet Explorer 6.0; WinXP, 1024x768 16bit colour (sorry can't be anymore specific than this :D)

Guess I need to install some other browsers to test it myself. I currently only have I.E 5.5 installed.

Quite a nice site ... works well ... has an eqyptian touch to it ;)

Some small things to consider.

Not too thrilled about the top graphic:

- a bit on the large side

- seems to be low on quality

- beveled edges create a 3D impression, which doesn't fit the rest of the site

- it looks to be cut off on the left ... I would expect it to follow a path to the bottom.

The standard "horizontal rulers" in your product categories box can be controlled using stylesheets.

Other than that, nicely done. :)

Take care, Richard

Total nightmare!!

I have just looked at my admin section and it appears that I have received my first order - great! Unfortunately it still says Paypal processing. My stock totals have not been updated, my Paypal account doesn't have any record of their order, but in the admin section of my site it has their order details.

I am using the latest paypal ipn contribution and had tested this quite extensively before making the site live, and everything seemed to go ok.

Has anyone come across this before? How long does it take for paypal to process? When I tested it, it worked instantly. I have no idea what to do now. The customer is probably sitting at home thinking she is going to get her order but obviously I cannot ship until I actually get the payment.

Any ideas, I'm really worried by this.

Thanks.

Kevin,

This is strictly supposition...but, your customer is probably new to PayPal and has just set-up her account...you should be able to check and see if she is "verified" yet. If she isn't verified, just drop her an email and let her know that as soon as the payment is received the order will be shipped.

Kim,

how would I check if she is verified? I don't know her paypal details as I haven't had confirmation?

BTW - I have just checked paypal's site and if anyone from the UK is interested, it looks like they have just started allowing Swith and Solo cards.

Kevin,

it could be they chose Paypal as payment and when they got to the paypal screen, they decided against ordering and just closed out... with the IPN if a customer goes to the paypal screen, it is set in the database as an order and as processing, even if they don't login to paypal to pay... so it would show up as "paypal processing"... if it stays "paypal processing" for more than 10 business days, I think it is safe to say that the customer decided against ordering, especially if the fund are not in your account.

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

Archived