• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PLUGNPAY - Plug-N-Pay Payment Module

z33k

Is anyone working on a NEW Plug N Pay payment module for OSCommerce?

The old one in the contributions section no longer functions with the new checkout procedures that were introduced in 11/2002.

OLD Plug N Pay MODULE - OSC 2.2 CVS prior to 11/2002:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ions,395/page,3

I am not not sure what all needs to be fixed. The old module may just need minor modifications. I am not familiar enough with the OSC checkout process, yet, to make a timley update.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 months later...

hi we are also using plug-n-pay, has anyone found a fix for this?

I have been told by Plug-n-Pay that they are aware of the problem and that OSC 2.1 works fine, but the milestone 2.2 is not

they suggested that we reinstall 2.1 - but I find that to be an acceptable solution.

Any ideas.?????

hi Bear, I know, and I did, problem is most of the threads are locked and I am desparately seeking someone who has had this problem.

My hope is that they subscribed to the thread and will get an email and update everyone.

I have spent three months in development of this cart and installed numerous modules to get to work to this point.

I am just really feeling desparate at this point.

Hopefully the author will have an update for us. I am apparently not the lonly one struggling without this contribution working.

Maybe if you give a few more specifics someone will be able to help. For example, what is not working exactly. Does it show up in the cart? Does it just return a bogus URL? What happens when you go through the checkout procedure? Is there a test account so someone can try and fix the mod without having a Plugnpay account? Maybe with a little more info the ball will get rolling. Just a suggestion.

If every member of this board donated $1 to the dev team, that would be over $11,000.00. Don't you think this cart is worth at least a $1????

thank you for your kind reply.... well I've read all the other threads on this and I can tell you that:

a. the Plug-n-Pay Payment module appears in the admin area under modules>>payments

b. we have a green light on credit cards and plug-n-pay, all other are red

c. the checkout process appears to be functioning properly... the entire process appears flawless, the customer gets an email we get an email for the order, but Plug-n-Pay doesn't get the order and therefore the card is never actually processed.

d. we have an ssl cert installed and that appears to function fine - checkout goes to https:// and all

e. we have a test credit card 4111111111111111 (four followed by 15 ones) - tho neither the test card nor the real thing ever make it to plug-n-pay

this is for an adult video store. do not use this link if you are under 18 years of age or it illegal in your area to do so.

http://www.nastylittlestore.com/catalog/

Just to be clear, there are a couple of methods that PlugNpay can get the info from you. This is what I read from their web site. One is via the Smart Screens Method which to me looks like it passes the information from the shopping cart to their sites secure URL and then the customer enters their info on their site. This means you don't need to have SSL setup because you are sending the shopper to their secure site. I believe that is how the current version of the module is set up. It just passes the info to a URL. Another method is called the Direct Method which requires you to have the secure site and all info is collected by you at your shop securely. I'm assuming that you are planning on using the direct Method by your last post. I'm just stating my observations and I'm sure you are already aware of these things, but hopefully someone can jump in a help out also with the additional info. Another thing I noticed on the Plugnpay site is they reference payment URL's like this:

https://{your-secure-payment-server-domain}/payment/{publisher-name}pay.cgi

This looks to me like the URL you would be using to pass information to is dependant on your account. Whereas the URL in the Plugnpay mod as it is looks like this:

https://pay1.plugnpay.com/payment/'.MODULE_PAYMENT_PLUGNPAY_PUBLISHER_NAME.'pay.cgi'

So if your payment server is NOT pay1.plugnpay.com then maybe it's not processing correctly. Another reason that I think it is using the Smart Screen method rather than the Direct method is because the URL example to use the Direct Method is slightly different. It looks like this:

https://{your-secure-payment-server-domain}/payment/{publisher-name}.cgi

Notice that there is no 'pay' on the end. These are just a couple of things that I've noticed so far. I was able to get it to show up in the admin, but not in the actual checkout process using MS1. Did you make any modifications to it to make it work with MS1 or are you using an earlier snapshot? Hopefully this info can help.

If every member of this board donated $1 to the dev team, that would be over $11,000.00. Don't you think this cart is worth at least a $1????

I seem to have it "somewhat" working for the Smart Screens method. So far you make it through the process to where it takes you to the page on the plugnpay server. There the individual would enter in all of their billing info, or I guess it could be passed via the cart. But the web site documentation only mentions sending the billing address and stuff using the Direct Connect method which uses a secure server. I don't have an account with them or anything so I may just e-mail them to see how I can go about testing this. I don't know if they have test accounts or URL's or what, but at least there has been some progress made. This is all functioning on MS1.

You know, this is probably one reason why no one is into testing this payment option. Straight from their site:

Also note that any & all per transaction charges will apply even while in testing mode.

So you get charged just for testing to see if you can get it to work!! That's got to be one of the dumbest things I've heard of. I don't have an account with them and I don't plan on signing up with them, I'm just trying to get this to work for anyone that wants to use it. Unfortunately, it's going to cost someone some money. I'm not sure what their charges are but with as many times as I've updated code and tried to run an order on previous mods, I would think the charges would start to climb up there no matter what the price. I would feel bad too, oooh, I forgot a comma, that just cost someone $0.35! Kind of a dilemma. Maybe someone with better coding skills and an account could help out?

• 3 weeks later...
You know, this is probably one reason why no one is into testing this payment option.  Straight from their site:

Also note that any & all per transaction charges will apply even while in testing mode.

So you get charged just for testing to see if you can get it to work!! That's got to be one of the dumbest things I've heard of. I don't have an account with them and I don't plan on signing up with them, I'm just trying to get this to work for anyone that wants to use it. Unfortunately, it's going to cost someone some money. I'm not sure what their charges are but with as many times as I've updated code and tried to run an order on previous mods, I would think the charges would start to climb up there no matter what the price. I would feel bad too, oooh, I forgot a comma, that just cost someone $0.35! Kind of a dilemma. Maybe someone with better coding skills and an account could help out?

ANY WORD ON THIS YET CAN ANYONE GET THE CART TO WORK PLEASE HELP SOMEONE

I seem to have it "somewhat" working for the Smart Screens method.  So far you make it through the process to where it takes you to the page on the plugnpay server.  There the individual would enter in all of their billing info, or I guess it could be passed via the cart.  But the web site documentation only mentions sending the billing address and stuff using the Direct Connect method which uses a secure server.  I don't have an account with them or anything so I may just e-mail them to see how I can go about testing this.  I don't know if they have test accounts or URL's or what, but at least there has been some progress made.  This is all functioning on MS1.
DO YOU HAVE ANY WORD ON THIS PLEASE HELP

Nope, no word, I quit working on it as I wasn't going to open an account and pay for testing when I wasn't even going to use this processor. I think the only way it's going to get done is if someone that can code, wants to use them as a processor, and is willing to pay for transaction fees that will be incurred during the testing phase will do it. Otherwise, you may want to consider looking elsewhere. Sorry.

Nope, no word, I quit working on it as I wasn't going to open an account and pay for testing when I wasn't even going to use this processor.  I think the only way it's going to get done is if someone that can code, wants to use them as a processor, and is willing to pay for transaction fees that will be incurred during the testing phase will do it.  Otherwise, you may want to consider looking elsewhere.  Sorry.
I will pay for it

Nope, no word, I quit working on it as I wasn't going to open an account and pay for testing when I wasn't even going to use this processor. I think the only way it's going to get done is if someone that can code, wants to use them as a processor, and is willing to pay for transaction fees that will be incurred during the testing phase will do it. Otherwise, you may want to consider looking elsewhere. Sorry.
I will pay for it
Did you get my last response I will pay to test the shopping cart I have service with them

Yeah I got it. I have some other projects going on right now so I'm not totally sure when I'll be able to get to it. If you're willing to pay for it (more than just testing fees), maybe post in the seeking commercial help forum. Sorry.

• 2 months later...