• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

love in a distance or love scam?

GemRock

i guess a number of male members or those whose user name suggest they may be a 'male' member this morning received a 'love-in-distance' pm from a new 'member' whose user name appeared to be created just for this purpose. whilst this person (whose sex u cant be sure about) has no post, yet there have been quite a number of profile views within an hours or so. my judgement is this is a kind of 'nigeria' scam, and fyi, someone from canada was recently swindled out $10,000 by such a scam. so you have been warned!

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

i guess a number of male members or those whose user name suggest they may be a 'male' member this morning received a 'love-in-distance' pm from a new 'member' whose user name appeared to be created just for this purpose. whilst this person (whose sex u cant be sure about) has no post, yet there have been quite a number of profile views within an hours or so. my judgement is this is a kind of 'nigeria' scam, and fyi, someone from canada was recently swindled out $10,000 by such a scam. so you have been warned!

Ken

And I thought she just fell in love with my avatar.

Ken

Banned!

Ban this one also: vickyluv0

Would be nice if some kind of report button would be included in user profiles to stop this kind of spamming sooner. In case the moderator receives this reporting he could easily check it out and take appropiate actions.

Ban this one also: vickyluv0

Would be nice if some kind of report button would be included in user profiles to stop this kind of spamming sooner. In case the moderator receives this reporting he could easily check it out and take appropiate actions.

Exactly what i was thinking.

I just got the mail this morning from vicky and looked for a moderator button in order to report it.

I couldn't find one.

This seems more like a spambot than a real person though.

Anyway, how does one let the owner of this forum that there is spam activity going on?

Shouldn't this be reported?

I agree with the idea of an alert button on pm's and posts, there should be one.

man of a reformed faith.

It is not a bot, it is the same old (give me your bank account to store some millions) Nigerian scam. Only this time he plays a beautifull girl from Africa, in need for some financial support eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived