• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Fedex Module Ready for one or two users to try!

sfatula

Anyone out there who wants to use a real time Fedex shipping module (gets rates for YOUR account right from Fedex in real time), please email me or reply here. You MUST have CURL on your web server. This module works via the Fedex Ship Manager Direct API which means it is supported by Fedex.

I wish to try a user or two to make sure instructions and stuff is correct before releasing a contribution that doesn't work due to typos, etc.

I have had this up and running for around 3 weeks on my site with no issues.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Steve

I'm willing to try.. uhm, how do I know if cURL is on my webserver? ...

Thomas Keats

A signature is something that reflects its user. - The dictionary

The question is not, 'to code, or not to code'

the question is, 'if we do not code, are we really alive?'

-- anonymous

Go to Admin -> Tools -> Server info. Scroll down and look for a curl section, and somewhere it should say curl enabled. Also, near the top in the PHP section. under Configure Command, it should say in the options somewhere --with-curl.

Let me know and if this is you, give me an email address to email package to.

Steve

ok, so I dont have curl installed.. how do I get it installed ?? (Yes, I am root...)

Thomas Keats

A signature is something that reflects its user. - The dictionary

The question is not, 'to code, or not to code'

the question is, 'if we do not code, are we really alive?'

-- anonymous

Ok Steve, I emailed you the code, and as soon as I get Jasons email address, I will email him the code also. Once I get a person or two who has it instaleld and working, then I will update the doc or code as needed and make a contribution for all.

Steve

Steve, this sounds great! I will be indebted to you big time when this gets added as a contrib. I would be more than happy to beta-test as well.

What all does this do? I have big plans for our shop.. integrating with FedEx in the admin section to print out FedEx shipping labels based on weight & order info is the goal.

The ONLY thing it does is quote rates. I also wish to print labels from OSC, etc. without retyping or cutting and pasting. Same for UPS, and even USPS. This is a ways off for me. But, the basic concept in this module will work as the same basic interface is used for printing Fedex shipping labels and all the other Fedex functions.

Rates are quoted for YOUR rates that you have negotiated with Fedex. It allows for insuring packages over a configurable amount. Checks Business vs Residence. Quotes domestic and foreign. Also allows a configurable surcharge to add to the Fedex rate.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

I have around 15 people either using it, or having thrown it out (really don't know) as it's like pulling teeth getting any feedback! I know of at least 5 that are working fine. I've used it for 3 months now.

I have some documentation updates to make, and I believe you sent me a message and I did send you the code. Once the doc updates are done, I will contribute it.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I too am looking for a Fed Ex shipping module. Why is it that its been so hard to find? Is this module ready for distribution? I am really in need of this module as we ONLY ship Fed Ex. please let me know. Private message me and i will also be happy to beta test it for you as well.

thanks

Sinclair.

• 1 year later...