• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2 Steps Simple Checkout

CybrWzrd7

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6595

This contribution was made to make the checkout process easy and efficient with the idea that too many customers

are leaving the site because the original checkout procedure is too lengthy and complex.

I believe that almost any contribution can be improved to be even better with the collective knowledge of the osCommerce community.

In regards to this contribution, can anybody help answer this question regarding this contribution.

Step 1 (Review The Contents Of Your Order), all products, except the first, display the COST EACH price as eg $39.9900 instead of $39.99. How do I get rid of these extra zeros in the checkout. I will be grateful for your help.

the current code looks like

echo '			<td class="main" align="left" valign="top">' . '  ' . [b]$order->products[$i]['price'] . '[/b]   =' . '</td>' . "\n";

and that gets the each price.

also how can that code be rewritten to get the each price + attributes options selected if selected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You just add in the currency "convention" code and the price will be correctly formated.

I do not understand what you mean by convention.

if you could give me an example or a direct answer and placement you would be near super hero status to me and like 4.5 other people.

Thanks for your patience and understanding in advance

CybrWzrd7

You just add in the currency "convention" code and the price will be correctly formated.

I do not understand what you mean by convention.

if you could give me an example or a direct answer and placement you would be near super hero status to me and like 4.5 other people.

Thanks for your patience and understanding in advance

CybrWzrd7

Just have a look into the other oscommerce files , they are using a function located in this file includes/classes/currencies.php to show correctly format prices.

I really wanted to use this contribution but its not working for me. Somehow the shipping-costs disapear when I reach checkout-confirmation. It says a valor of 0 and only the first letter of my shipping method is displayed. What could that be?

I really wanted to use this contribution but its not working for me. Somehow the shipping-costs disapear when I reach checkout-confirmation. It says a valor of 0 and only the first letter of my shipping method is displayed. What could that be?

Is that one of the things I posted about in the known errors.. does it do that only when you are logged in and then click checkout?

I noticed that if you are logged in and go to the checkout page and do not select a shipping method again, it does not work.

When you create a new account and go directly to checkout_confirmation does it work then?

If it does I might be able to help.

Is that one of the things I posted about in the known errors.. does it do that only when you are logged in and then click checkout?

I noticed that if you are logged in and go to the checkout page and do not select a shipping method again, it does not work.

When you create a new account and go directly to checkout_confirmation does it work then?

If it does I might be able to help.

Sorry, I couldn't test it because I am running a shop that is frequently visited, so I had to quickly de-install it. I was logged in when it did that.

For a test, I left the

FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING original in the shopping-card to do a Checkout the old-fashioned way (working!!) Only by the link in the header I reached the one-step-checkout and there it didn't work.

I am not a programmer to be able to solve that problem, so I really have to wait for some genius to offer a "bugfix" until I can re-install this basically nice contribution.

Edited by VWAntigo

Sorry, I couldn't test it because I am running a shop that is frequently visited, so I had to quickly de-install it. I was logged in when it did that.

For a test, I left the

FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING original in the shopping-card to do a Checkout the old-fashioned way (working!!) Only by the link in the header I reached the one-step-checkout and there it didn't work.

I am not a programmer to be able to solve that problem, so I really have to wait for some genius to offer a "bugfix" until I can re-install this basically nice contribution.

The way to test this contrib without messing with your current shop is to just skip step 6 and everything after that... that was you do not change any of the way your shop operates now.

then manually type http://yoursite.com/catalog/checkout.php in your address bar to get to the file

and see how it functions

also need to do the includes/filename.php thing and the language files things

just to get the right wording.

then it will still like to your current checkout_confirmation

and you can test it

Hi CybrWzrd7

Thanks for a great contribution. This is much better then "Payment without account" and "Fast easy checkout". I tried both, but expect them to loose me to much customers in between the pages.

I don't need the full address, because I only sell information leaflets as a pdf-file. I need therefore only:

Christian name

Surname

Payment method

I tried to unmark all customer information I don't need to know in the code in checkout.php but get then reconnected to login.php. Do you know how I get this done?

Thanks in advance.

Michalke

P.S.: I think your standard contribution gets too long and forces the customer to scroll. Maybe you could set shipping address in the same row as billing address.

Hi CybrWzrd7

Thanks for a great contribution. This is much better then "Payment without account" and "Fast easy checkout". I tried both, but expect them to loose me to much customers in between the pages.

I don't need the full address, because I only sell information leaflets as a pdf-file. I need therefore only:

Christian name

Surname

Payment method

I tried to unmark all customer information I don't need to know in the code in checkout.php but get then reconnected to login.php. Do you know how I get this done?

Thanks in advance.

Michalke

P.S.: I think your standard contribution gets too long and forces the customer to scroll. Maybe you could set shipping address in the same row as billing address.

I think you are right about the length of the page - i could make the billing box only show if the shipping address is different than the billing address and if you check the box.

I dont understand the question what you are looking for the page to do, something about a redirect?

but explain and i might be able to help. Thanks for the input.

I think you are right about the length of the page - i could make the billing box only show if the shipping address is different than the billing address and if you check the box.

I dont understand the question what you are looking for the page to do, something about a redirect?

but explain and i might be able to help. Thanks for the input.

Hei CybrWzrd7

I do not ship physical goods, it's only a pdf-fil what the customer purchases. Therefore I do not need the shipping address. Hence, the customer would not understand why he should click the button "shipping address same as billing address".

But if I just mark it out in the code (checkout.php) so that shipping options are not visible to the customer, the customer will after checkout_information.php redirected to checkout_shipping.php and then to checkout_payment.php and then back to checkout_confirmation.php. And here I loose many customers.

Is there any possibility of ignoring any shipping information on checkout.php without having more than 2 checkout steps? In other words I need a work-around so that "shipping address same as billing address" is always marked but NOT visible to the customer.

Thanks in advance.

Michalke

Edited by Michalke

I think I figured that out:

//-------------new shipping address--------------------//
$ship_same	=	$HTTP_POST_VARS['ship_same'];
//echo $ship_same."same";
if($ship_same	==	'true'){
	if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['ship_firstname']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['ship_lastname']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['ship_street_address']) ) {
  //   shipping address validation  myth  //

I just put in the "true" and it works for me. Then your contributions is marvellous again.

I just checked admin/orders and I don't see any of my orders there since I have your contribution installed. That is not such big hazzle for me since I still get purchase confirmation e-mail. But where does that come from?

Regards

Michalke

I think I figured that out:

//-------------new shipping address--------------------//
$ship_same	=	$HTTP_POST_VARS['ship_same'];
//echo $ship_same."same";
if($ship_same	==	'true'){
	if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['ship_firstname']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['ship_lastname']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['ship_street_address']) ) {
  //   shipping address validation  myth  //

I just put in the "true" and it works for me. Then your contributions is marvellous again.

I just checked admin/orders and I don't see any of my orders there since I have your contribution installed. That is not such big hazzle for me since I still get purchase confirmation e-mail. But where does that come from?

Regards

Michalke

I have not seen any problems with the admin / orders page but this is transmitted to the page with checkout_process.php . What version of OsCommerce are you running?

I have only tested this on 2.2 MS2 so i wonder if that has something to do with that-

I am going to be doing a fresh install of the new osC so i will see if that is the issue.

Has anybody managed to work out how to remove the extra zeros that appear on some products in the shopping cart? Thanks in advance..

I am not going to post this in the contribution as a fix yet But At line 1911 change the original line to

echo ' <td class="main" align="left" valign="top">' . '  ' . $currencies->display_price($order->products[$i]['price']) . '   =' . '</td>' . "\n" ;

(IF THAT GIVES YOU AN ERROR IT IS COMING FROM YOUR CURRENCIES FILE) THIS WORKS FOR ME BECAUSE I DO NOT USE TAXES- THE TAXES ARE NOT ADDED TO THE PRICE OF MY PRODUCTS - IF You get an display_price() argument 2 error You can try to go to includes/classes/currencies.php and at the end of the file change to the function display_price($products_price,$products_tax = 1,

I don’t know where else that affects prices on your site, but IF you get the error that is definitely worth a try... It might not affect anything if you change that. I don’t know ;)

If someone using taxes tries this and it does not affect the taxes or currencies file, let me know and i will standardize it-

• 2 weeks later...

This contribution is great, although I am running into a slight problem..

I have the usps shipping module installed, as well as a heavily modded site.

When I test out the checkout.php without going past step 6 on the install I get this error in the shipping area: "-2147219080 - Missing value for Country.". I am assuming it's because it is unable to pull shipping information off of the form. But when I logged into an account already created it still gave me the error. Any thoughts?

You can check it out at www.binary-cards.com/checkout.php

Hi all

I have tested the 2 Steps Checkout as extensively as I can..I believe there is something strange going (please bear in mind I'm a newbie to OsCommerce)

1. Prices in checkout.php are showing up lower than in my shopping_cart.html page - could this be to do with vat/tax not being applied

2. The shipping is not asked for - I have 2 regions set up for different shipping rates, neither showing up - and they do not switch back if they do appear

3. Question - should my credit card details show up on first page, then second page is confirm ? ..or should I not be asked for credit card details until the 2nd step

Look forward to your answers

regards

Fergal

Still loosing my shipping costs at returning customer :-(

Hi VWAntigo - I am having same problems as you - shipping costs do not display on checkout.php - did you find any fix for this?

regards, fgrace

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed that the Shipping Costs only don't show up if you are not logged in.

Does anyone have a fix for this as people tend not to want to order without knowing the cost of postage, they may get the impression it is free.

Also I am getting the following errors can anyone help.

Warning: Missing argument 1 for javascript_validation() in /home/lynd4651/public_html/includes/classes/payment.php on line 84

Warning: Missing argument 2 for display_price() in /home/lynd4651/public_html/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 72

These errors only appeared after installing this great contribution

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I do, and I just did, but unfortunately I do not have time to get back to you right now... I will be able to help you very soon on this. Very shortly I intend on redoing this whole thing to be more friendly- It works great for me right now, but with all of these changes I have made recently it will be much cooler.

(Is there a particular cupon version you are using right now?)

hey

thanks for the contrib - very easy to install

do you know how to make it coupon compatible?

• 2 weeks later...
Yes I do, and I just did, but unfortunately I do not have time to get back to you right now... I will be able to help you very soon on this. Very shortly I intend on redoing this whole thing to be more friendly- It works great for me right now, but with all of these changes I have made recently it will be much cooler.

(Is there a particular cupon version you are using right now?)

I plan to install this contribution as soon as it can be used with coupon.