• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Disable Flat Rate shipping after 4 items in cart

djkubus

Hello I found a mod in the contribs that disables shipping modules after a certain amount of money is spent in the cart but what I wanted was code that will disable the Flat Rate shipping after the customer adds 5 or more items in the shopping cart. I have edited the code a bit from the original mod and it still does not work I have checked the original code and that does not work can anyone help me please... :-)

Thanx

Original contrib

This came about after I wanted to have the following 4 shipping options on my store. 

1) Table rate for standard postage based on a per quantity basis ie 1 unit = €5.00 2 units=€9.00 etc
2) A second table rate giving an option of registered courier post again per quantity 1 unit = €8.00 2=€13.00 etc
3) Free shipping by standard post if order over €50 - only to appear as an option if order value over €50
4) Free shipping by courier if over €100 – only to appear if order value over €100

The first 2 I had found using a contribution from doodersrage search for Table Rate With Quantity Option but the last 2 I needed to find a solution for. 

I modified a suggestion in a help thread by wheeloftime in relation to disabling a shipping option based on weight and here it is.

In the particular shipping module you wish to apply this to ( catalog/includes/modules/shipping/FILE.php ) insert the following at line 80:

if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ($order_total <100) ) {
   $this->enabled = false;
   return;
   }

just after

if (tep_not_null($this->icon)) $this->quotes['icon'] = tep_image($this->icon, $this->title); 

and before 

return $this->quotes;
   }

modify the figure 100 to whatever figure you wish to trigger the display of the module. 

Note: this merely hides the module if the total is less than €100. I use this to provide a free shipping option ( I have a table rate shipping module set to €0.00 ) but you could use it for any purpose – maybe a reduced shipping rate if you spend a certain amount etc.

This is what I edited the code to and it does not work...

if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ($quantity <4) ) {
   $this->enabled = false;
   return;
   }

Im using the latest version of OSC

Why do you think $quantity would work? Have you set this to something?

if ($cart->count_contents() >= 5) $this->enabled = false;

Burt, i'm not much of a coder so I thought this would work as I have found this call tag in another script to thats what I thought the cart uses for quantity. By any chance would you know where to insert this code into the flat.php module I tried in the same place as the one above and I get a php error. I looked for $cart anywhere in the coding and that line does not pop up... Thank you in advance for your help :-)