• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please Review My GiftStore

I have been working on this store for a while for a client. Please review and tell me your thoughts and how I can improve it. it has a lot of custom code. This is a live shop so please do not place orders unless you are willing to purchase.

The site can be found here:

http://www.holidayblooms.com/

I have been working on this store for a while for a client. Please review and tell me your thoughts and how I can improve it. it has a lot of custom code. This is a live shop so please do not place orders unless you are willing to purchase.

The site can be found here:

http://www.holidayblooms.com/

Overall, I think the site is very appealing. It's nice looking and modified without losing the good parts of osCommerce. Good job.

Not to knit pick, but I found the following things when visiting the site:

1) During Account Setup the following are in the section headers:

LOGINBOX_EXSISTING_CUSTOMER_NOW

LOGINBOX_NEW_CUSTOMER

ENTRY_CREATEACCOUNT

2) During Account Setup I made a mistake and when it re-displayed the page it wiped out all of the information I had previously entered. I had to reenter everything. It did not have the checkbox for "create an account for me". This may be base, I'll have to go look at my site for that one too!

3) The link to customer service on the home page points back to the home page

4) There are two inactive links in the footer. They are almost white so can't really see what they are.

5) Delivery Policy on the product page took me back to the home page

6) I thought the delivery policy should be moved up and the second add to cart, taken out.

7) Conditions of use page has just garbage in it.

That's it, I did some basic stuff and all looks good.

Very nice site. Bright, interesting and very easy to use.

BTW, was this a template?

Overall, I think the site is very appealing. It's nice looking and modified without losing the good parts of osCommerce. Good job.

LOGINBOX_EXSISTING_CUSTOMER_NOW

LOGINBOX_NEW_CUSTOMER

ENTRY_CREATEACCOUNT

2) During Account Setup I made a mistake and when it re-displayed the page it wiped out all of the information I had previously entered. I had to reenter everything. It did not have the checkbox for "create an account for me". This may be base, I'll have to go look at my site for that one too!

4) There are two inactive links in the footer. They are almost white so can't really see what they are.

6) I thought the delivery policy should be moved up and the second add to cart, taken out.

Hi! Thanks for the great feedback! I will try to improve all of these items. No, this is not a template. I heavily modified the original OSCommerce and stripped out most of the bulky html.

Much appreciated :)

Hi,

Really nice looking site, great customisation with loss of functionality. Like it =0) Especially like the changing image box with product details. What is the name of this contrib?

Dan

Beautiful site, well done.

One observation when you click to view the large image you get a popup with a much smaller image on 2 of 2 products I tried.

I also liked the changing image box on the main page, where did you get that?

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

LOGINBOX_EXSISTING_CUSTOMER_NOW -fixed

LOGINBOX_NEW_CUSTOMER

ENTRY_CREATEACCOUNT

This happened during an upgrade. Fixed.

Hmm...still checking this one out.

The link was "#" -just a place holder. I have change it.

yeah, they were put there as placeholders until the corresponding pages were done. Removed them to prevent confusion. Good catch! :)

Fixed. It was my tab script. For some reason the javascript for the tabs didn't get uploaded so it interpreted the "#" link as just any other link.

I will have more tabs in the future so needed the space. I figured the second add to cart may become handy when I have several tabs next to the delivery policy. What do you think?

Good catchRemoved page as client doesn't need it.

Again, thanks for the wonderful feedback! Please feel free to critique the site some more :)

Beautiful site, well done.

One observation when you click to view the large image you get a popup with a much smaller image on 2 of 2 products I tried.

I also liked the changing image box on the main page, where did you get that?

I used the multi pics contrib for images. By default, large image doesn't exist, it shows the one from the product listing page. It's an easy fix. I will just add logic to test if that image exist before making the image a link.

Thanks for catching that!

As for the changing image box on the mainpage, it's a customization of a script that I originally found here:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17...ntentslider.htm.

I load the images and information using ajax and pull from a file that dynamically pulls my featured items from the database.

Lovely looking site! A few minor things I noticed - on the home page the Mixed Flower/ Gift Baskets / Baby Baskets pics aren't click throughs but all the other images I saw were - just would make it 'stupid-proof' for visitors if they were.

On the category pages there's no 'click to see more info' type call to action which I thought might help. And the product descriptions were well written but lacking in real detail. They're quality gifts filled with great contents - why not make a bigger deal of them. The photos are lovely, but I wouldn't feel comfortable I knew exactly what I was getting in the boxes if I ordered one?

PS. Also love the changing pics on the homepage!

Hi, great site! I'm the local spelling nazi... :rolleyes:

On the front page, on your "Gift Baskets" link, you have "Brouse our wondwerful ", and on the Baby Baskets one, you invite them to welcome a bundle of "jow".

But the baskets are so great! I love the motorcycle one and the golf bag one. In coolers! I love it.

Cheers, good luck with the site. :)

Nicole

Hi, great site! I'm the local spelling nazi... :rolleyes:

On the front page, on your "Gift Baskets" link, you have "Brouse our wondwerful ", and on the Baby Baskets one, you invite them to welcome a bundle of "jow".

But the baskets are so great! I love the motorcycle one and the golf bag one. In coolers! I love it.

Cheers, good luck with the site. :)

Nicole

Oh my..! I was in a hurry with the latest hompage and it showed! :blush:

Thanks for the correction and the enthusiasm. :)

Lovely looking site! A few minor things I noticed - on the home page the Mixed Flower/ Gift Baskets / Baby Baskets pics aren't click throughs but all the other images I saw were - just would make it 'stupid-proof' for visitors if they were.

On the category pages there's no 'click to see more info' type call to action which I thought might help. And the product descriptions were well written but lacking in real detail. They're quality gifts filled with great contents - why not make a bigger deal of them. The photos are lovely, but I wouldn't feel comfortable I knew exactly what I was getting in the boxes if I ordered one?

PS. Also love the changing pics on the homepage!

I will make those click throughs this weekend.

As for the "more info" link, I will talk to the client and explore our options.

Can add additional product details with the next load. Thanks :)

His rotating picture on the front page can be done with this. Do not know if that is what is used but this does the same.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17...ntentslider.htm

Here is some mod tips. there is code on the page there choice of font color made it not show in my browser.

http://designerfied.com/how-to-customize-d...ent-slider.html

Thanks Bushmaster, too bad bruin isn't willing to share how he did it in return, even though we're taking our time to review his site and point out bugs...

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived