Jack_mcs

Google XML Sitemap SEO

ecartz

THANK YOU.

I am ALWAYS amazed by those that can find an error induced by a module other than the one that is failing.  Incorporating your change above solved the unescaped apostrophe.

I, myself, would have never looked outside of the module that I had just installed.

Thanks again.

BJ

Edited by Chadduck

@Jack_mcs

Your add on works fine to me, thank you for developing it.

I have some questions to the add on:

1. After first time installation, can i remove google_xml_sitemap_seo_install.php from the root directory or is it still required?
2. I have set up 2 languages in my shop, German (default) and English.
    a) Is this add on supporting multi lingual or just one language? 
    b) if only one language is supported, how do I tell google by the "xml files" my English description links eq parameters ?language=de or ?language=en?
        The description of articles, categories and manufactures in my shop are different in german and english!

Thanks for responding

@Philo20051 - Yes, that file should be deleted. You should have seen a button to delete it when you ran the file.

2 - Unfortunately, it does not create multiple language map files. There's a way to do it manually but it requires editing files. If that was a one-time thing then it would be Ok for a temp solution. But this addon should be ran frequently so that is not a good solution. I've added this to things to do for the next version but it will not be completed anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Jack_mcs said:

@Philo20051 - Yes, that file should be deleted. You should have seen a button to delete it when you ran the file.

2 - Unfortunately, it does not create multiple language map files. There's a way to do it manually but it requires editing files. If that was a one-time thing then it would be Ok for a temp solution. But this addon should be ran frequently so that is not a good solution. I've added this to things to do for the next version but it will not be completed anytime soon.

@Jack_mcs

Thanks for the fast respond!

1 - okay i deleted the file manually, maybe this should be mentioned at the end of point 3) in the "readme.txt"  file of the add on.

2 - okay thank you for adding it to you to do list, this seems important to me to be present on google in more than one language .

Have a nice day 🙂

39 minutes ago, Philo2005 said:

1 - okay i deleted the file manually, maybe this should be mentioned at the end of point 3) in the "readme.txt"  file of the add on.

Did you make the database changes with the google_xml_sitemap_seo_install.php file? If so, it has a delete button. Did you not see that? I would think that button is more obvious than text in the install file. If the button is ignored then the text would be too, most likely.

Yes, the language is important. But I don't have multi-language sites so unless such a problem is mentioned, it won't be fixed because I won't be aware of it..

1 hour ago, Jack_mcs said:

Did you make the database changes with the google_xml_sitemap_seo_install.php file? If so, it has a delete button. Did you not see that? I would think that button is more obvious than text in the install file. If the button is ignored then the text would be too, most likely.

Yes you got me 😝 but all works fine 😎